• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Surfinn
(10-07-2017, 02:59 AM)

Originally Posted by UnknownSpirit

Apperently, an AMC in Ohio is selling tickets

So yeah, I am still Sunday is when they formally announce everything.

No

Not again..
Fancyarcher
(10-07-2017, 04:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Surfinn

No

Not again..

Yeah, don't get your hopes up.
Surfinn
(10-07-2017, 07:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Fancyarcher

Yeah, don't get your hopes up.

Presales are BUILT on hope.
WadiumArcadium
(10-07-2017, 11:54 AM)
Shocking news! Corellia will feature in the Han Solo movie.

Last edited by WadiumArcadium; 10-07-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Lifejumper
(10-07-2017, 12:22 PM)
Jon Kasdan filmography is... interesting.
UnknownSpirit
(10-07-2017, 02:23 PM)
I really need to stop believing in rumors so much.
Malyse
stop advertising threads
(10-07-2017, 06:00 PM)
A Thrawn sequel is the *last* thing I was expecting. Holy shit.
WadiumArcadium
(10-07-2017, 06:04 PM)
The cover for TLJ's novelisation was released at NYCC. I'm surprised they went with the teaser poster over whatever they've come up with for the theatrical.

WhiteRabbitEXE
(10-07-2017, 06:12 PM)
Still one bad-ass poster
WadiumArcadium
(10-07-2017, 06:35 PM)

Originally Posted by WhiteRabbitEXE

Still one bad-ass poster

Yep, I'd be very surprised if the theatrical one's superior.
Surfinn
(10-07-2017, 06:45 PM)

Originally Posted by WadiumArcadium

The cover for TLJ's novelisation was released at NYCC. I'm surprised they went with the teaser poster over whatever they've come up with for the theatrical.

One of the best posters ever man
Sayers
(10-07-2017, 07:20 PM)

Shocking news! Corellia will feature in the Han Solo movie.

I'm still not sold on the idea of a Han Solo movie, but Ron Howard sure seems to be enjoying himself.
kevin1025
(10-07-2017, 07:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Sayers

I'm still not sold on the idea of a Han Solo movie, but Ron Howard sure seems to be enjoying himself.

That's the best part of watching Ron Howard's photo tour since he joined in, it looks like he's loving every minute of it.

But some of the pictures are giving me the worry that the Han Solo movie might be like the opening of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: here's how he got the whip, the scar, the hat, etc. Like everything clicks in this one single adventure rather than being gradual over his life.
WadiumArcadium
(10-07-2017, 08:04 PM)

Originally Posted by kevin1025

That's the best part of watching Ron Howard's photo tour since he joined in, it looks like he's loving every minute of it.

But some of the pictures are giving me the worry that the Han Solo movie might be like the opening of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: here's how he got the whip, the scar, the hat, etc. Like everything clicks in this one single adventure rather than being gradual over his life.

It's definitely a valid concern. I don't think Kasdan wouldn't approach this movie with the aim of revealing everything about Han though. We're going to get some of that - how he met Chewie for example - but I'd be surprised if it spells out everything about Han. This quote from a while ago reassured me a bit:

“It will not be, 'Here’s where he was born and this is how he was raised.' I think what it will be is what was he like 10 years earlier—maybe a little earlier, you’ll get a glimpse. But Kurosawa once said the heroes are the ones that are still changing and the villains are locked and petrified into what they are, and Harrison embodies in Force Awakens someone who is still not settled on who he is.”

GAMEPROFF
(10-07-2017, 08:11 PM)
He will definitly get the Falcon in this movie. So the only thing left would be the Kessel Run and maybe how he got his blaster.
kevin1025
(10-07-2017, 08:25 PM)

It's definitely a valid concern. I don't think Kasdan wouldn't approach this movie with the aim of revealing everything about Han though. We're going to get some of that - how he met Chewie for example - but I'd be surprised if it spells out everything about Han. This quote from a while ago reassured me a bit:

That's definitely reassuring. I'll be happy if there's some recognizable stuff, but hopefully not everything, like the vest, the blaster, the Falcon, Chewie, learning how to hide under the floor, all that kind of stuff. Some will be cool, but if it's everything, then it'll be worrying.

I wonder when we might get a trailer. Will they toss it onto The Last Jedi, since it'd only be six months out?

Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF

He will definitly get the Falcon in this movie. So the only thing left would be the Kessel Run and maybe how he got his blaster.

I think they referenced the Kessel mines in one or two of his photos. And one of the most recent ones was Han's blaster sitting on a console. I spoilered them just in case, but they're in Ron Howard's pictures, so I don't think they're really spoilers at that point.
The Last One
(10-07-2017, 08:30 PM)
I can't believe we still haven't got a full trailer for TLJ. Like, seriously?
kevin1025
(10-07-2017, 08:31 PM)

Originally Posted by The Last One

I can't believe we still haven't got a full trailer for TLJ. Like, seriously?

Two more days!
The Last One
(10-07-2017, 08:32 PM)

Two more days!

OH BOY, is this confirmed?
WadiumArcadium
(10-07-2017, 08:35 PM)

The Falcon's a no-brainer and as Kevin said, it looks like the Kessel mines will feature in some capacity. Personally I don't really mind them fleshing out things like this. I was more concerned they'd go into too much of his past like 'here's his parents, here's how he was bullied when he was a kid, here's how he made his blaster out of tin foil and some odd nuts and bolts etc'. I think Kasdan's wise enough not to go too far down that rabbit hole.

Originally Posted by The Last One

OH BOY, is this confirmed?

We're expecting an announcement tomorrow.
Last edited by WadiumArcadium; 10-07-2017 at 08:39 PM.
The Last One
(10-07-2017, 08:37 PM)

We're expecting an announcement tomorrow.

Well, it seens I whined about no trailer yet in the right time. Can't wait for the confirmation now.
Surfinn
(10-07-2017, 08:44 PM)
I've got a good feeling about this..
sphagnum
(10-07-2017, 08:48 PM)

I think we're basically guaranteed to see how he met Chewie, got the Falcon, and did the Kessel Run. He may already know Lando beforehand though.
GAMEPROFF
(10-07-2017, 08:51 PM)

Originally Posted by sphagnum

I think we're basically guaranteed to see how he met Chewie, got the Falcon, and did the Kessel Run. He may already know Lando beforehand though.

So its the opening of The Last Crusade. What a stupid idea to cram all of this stuff into the span of a movie.
BrokenFiction
(10-07-2017, 08:58 PM)

So its the opening of The Last Crusade. What a stupid idea to cram all of this stuff into the span of a movie.

Yeah, Lawrence Kasdan is terrible at this.
Baron von Loathsome
(10-07-2017, 09:27 PM)

Last Crusader crammed all of it into those first fifteen or so minutes and still pulled it off.
sphagnum
(10-07-2017, 09:32 PM)
I like the sound of this (for reference, the Twitter user is a mod at TFN who is at NYCC right now):

Jason Fry would love to write Kylo, an inverse hero's journey about someone trying to be a villain. And he got to do that in the TLJ book.

https://mobile.twitter.com/admiralje...94418836553728
WadiumArcadium
(10-07-2017, 09:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Baron von Loathsome

Last Crusader crammed all of it into those first fifteen or so minutes and still pulled it off.

It seems to take a lot of flak these days but I still really enjoy The Last Crusade.
GAMEPROFF
(10-07-2017, 09:39 PM)

It seems to take a lot of flak these days but I still really enjoy The Last Crusade.

Its the best Indiana Jones movie
Pachimari
(10-07-2017, 09:43 PM)
I will cry during the trailer man, cry.
curb
(10-07-2017, 09:44 PM)

Its the best Indiana Jones movie

I think it's the most fun Indiana Jones movie. I think Raiders is still the best.
sphagnum
(10-07-2017, 09:50 PM)
According to Manabyte we should definitely be getting the poster tomorrow and the tickets Monday. Disney got mad at the Reddit leak and threatened to push the ticket sales back to show AMC who's boss but he thinks the sales will still happen.
Baron von Loathsome
(10-07-2017, 09:53 PM)

Originally Posted by curb

I think Raiders is still the best.

kevin1025
(10-07-2017, 10:02 PM)

Raiders is definitely my favorite, even a top five of all time for me, though Last Crusade is definitely the more fun film.

According to Manabyte we should definitely be getting the poster tomorrow and the tickets Monday. Disney got mad at the Reddit leak and threatened to push the ticket sales back to show AMC who's boss but he thinks the sales will still happen.

That would punish the fans more than AMC, since the rumors have us hoping for it now.
Sayers
(10-07-2017, 10:05 PM)

The biggest question about the Han Solo movie for me is will R2-D2 and C-3PO have a cameo? If not, it will be the first Star Wars movie they don't appear in.
WadiumArcadium
(10-07-2017, 10:09 PM)

Raiders is definitely my favorite, even a top five of all time for me, though Last Crusade is definitely the more fun film.

I'd agree that Raiders is still the best, but I love the chemistry between Ford and Connery. It papers over many of the film's cracks for me. After the darker Temple of Doom it definitely felt like Spielberg and Lucas just wanted to make something that was really good fun again.
sphagnum
(10-07-2017, 11:14 PM)
Apparently Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran is the worst book in canon and has a scene where everyone farts during Snap and Kare's wedding.
WadiumArcadium
(10-07-2017, 11:36 PM)

Apparently Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran is the worst book in canon and has a scene where everyone farts during Snap and Kare's wedding.

Haha, won't be buying that then.
DoctorFling
(10-08-2017, 01:20 AM)

Nice that they let Lucas write a new canon book
Seductivpancakes
(10-08-2017, 01:27 AM)
Got a photo with Mark Hamill for $286 dollars. Wallet am cry.

First time I've seen him and I heard it was his last NY comic con, if true, worth it.
kevin1025
(10-08-2017, 01:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Seductivpancakes

First time I've seen him and I heard it was his last NY comic con, if true, worth it.

RIP Luke.

(Definitely worth the price, though!)
Lifejumper
(10-08-2017, 01:52 AM)

Mark Hamil eatin.
sphagnum
(10-08-2017, 01:54 AM)
If Luke dies in TLJ, there is a 0% chance of him not coming back as a ghost in IX unless Mark himself dies.

Considering how bad Carrie's death was I don't know if I could even handle Mark dying.
Haloid1177
(10-08-2017, 02:19 AM)

Yeah he’s expensive as fuck. His lines at Celebration were nuts too. Wish I’d have done an autograph instead.
RyanW
(10-08-2017, 02:43 AM)
Would def go for the photo before the autograph. That’d be my profile pic on everything forever
Toa TAK
Ask me about Thor 2: The Darck World
(10-08-2017, 02:55 AM)

I couldn’t do it.

That would make me cry.
Lifejumper
(10-08-2017, 03:09 AM)
Rian just tweeted: https://mobile.twitter.com/rianjohns...44713675603968 its happening.
Einchy
semen stains the mountaintops
(10-08-2017, 03:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Lifejumper

Rian just tweeted: https://mobile.twitter.com/rianjohns...44713675603968 its happening.

Why even keep it a secret at this point? lol
kevin1025
(10-08-2017, 03:27 AM)

Space Bear trailer during the Baby Bear game!
XAL
(10-08-2017, 03:30 AM)

Jon Kasdan filmography is... interesting.

That nepotism hookup tho

Are they gonna play it during a sports broadcast or some shit? :\