• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

LeleSocho
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:45 AM)
LeleSocho's Avatar

Originally Posted by cacildo

ALright, i fear the worst.

More pikmin
More wonderful 101
More luigi u
More mario and luigi dream

And the new 3d mario.

One new game. A big one, sure, but if thats it, is a disaster

Yeah i pretty much expect that plus the already mentioned smash bros and WW HD
it's going to be a disaster
Oersted
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:45 AM)
Oersted's Avatar
Iīm hyped for SMT x FE. Anyone with me?
Volotaire
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:45 AM)
Volotaire's Avatar

Originally Posted by IceDoesntHelp

Also

Third parties?

not surprising.

COD/Watch Dogs/Splinter Cell/rayman/casual games/Disney Infinty
Lavapotamus
Junior Member
(06-01-2013, 12:45 AM)
Lavapotamus's Avatar
When they're positioned to talk about Super Smash, Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Project X, Dream Team, New Super Luigi, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 within one hour, it doesn't leave a ton of time for a bunch of surprises. That's assuming they'll ignore impending 3DS stuff, too, which I'm sure they won't. I wonder if they're saving Wii U news for beyond E3? Because at this point...good lord, Nintendo, please don't.

I'm more scared that they'll fuck it up than I am excited about the potential announcements. Of course, I felt that way during the back half of the Wii's lifespan, too. If they wanna go ahead and re-enact the 2010 conference for Wii U, I'm totally cool with being worried over nothing. :D
Kouriozan
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:46 AM)
Kouriozan's Avatar

Originally Posted by IceDoesntHelp

Also

Third parties?

Would be disappointing otherwise!
They need to show DQ X too :p
Hermii
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:46 AM)
Hermii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kouriozan

Because they won't talk about sales chart or partnership, just games.
There is a press conference for the press for that.

This. And its easier to avoid screwups when its pre recorded.
IceDoesntHelp
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:46 AM)
IceDoesntHelp's Avatar

Originally Posted by Volotaire

not surprising.

COD/Watch Dogs/Splinter Cell/rayman/casual games/Disney Infinty

Only saying because everyone is expecting only First Parties...or so it seems.
Not
Junior Member
(06-01-2013, 12:46 AM)
Not's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kjellson


Bahahahaha


Shabutaro
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:47 AM)
Shabutaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by cacildo

ALright, i fear the worst.

More pikmin
More wonderful 101
More luigi u
More mario and luigi dream

And the new 3d mario.

One new game. A big one, sure, but if thats it, is a disaster

I'm hoping that the direct from a while ago covered that so they won't have to bring it up next week....
I think it's likely we end up with a lot of repeats and extensed reailer from the (January ?) direct that showed yoshi and etc. with a maybe two new titles and a mega suprise or two
Fandangox
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:47 AM)
Fandangox's Avatar

Originally Posted by IceDoesntHelp

Also

Third parties?

Bayonetta 2 and Sonic.
PhoenixDawn
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:47 AM)
PhoenixDawn's Avatar
As much as I love Pikmin, we've seen extended demos of the game during almost every presentation/direct Nintendo has done in the past year. The only reason I wanna see them talking about it during this main E3 Direct is if they're announcing an online multiplayer component. Also, I'm thinking they'll do a one hour Wii U direct (which is the main one they're talking about now) but also throw in a one hour 3DS direct at a later time. Otherwise I don't see how they can fit everything they appear to have ready to talk about.
XenodudeX
Junior Member
(06-01-2013, 12:47 AM)
XenodudeX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pixel Warrior

Pleaaase, Nintendo, don't spend too much time showing what we already have seen (Pikmin and W101). I want to believe that X will be shown again, I need to start working on my hype.

Btw, first post on neogaf. :D

They're going to talk about pikmin and W101 whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

W haven't heard of anything regarding tw101 except the box art. No new characters, no new modes, nothing. And they still haven't detailed the multyplayer on pikmin 3 either. You maybe not want to see these things, but I DO.
Currygan
at last, for christ's sake
(06-01-2013, 12:48 AM)
Currygan's Avatar



It begins!!!


the hype...the hype cant control it nnngghh
Shahadan
(06-01-2013, 12:48 AM)
Shahadan's Avatar

Originally Posted by LeleSocho

Yeah i pretty much expect that plus the already mentioned smash bros and WW HD
it's going to be a disaster

No MEGATONZ = disaster?
They have 10 Wii U games to show coming in the next months. We should be hyped to see more about what's coming, not about internet excitation about things not available until 2015.
Shadow Hog
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:48 AM)
Shadow Hog's Avatar

Originally Posted by cacildo

ALright, i fear the worst.

More pikmin
More wonderful 101
More luigi u
More mario and luigi dream

And the new 3d mario.

One new game. A big one, sure, but if thats it, is a disaster

You're forgetting the new Smash, which was already confirmed to be making an appearance. It's not QUITE so bleak.

Originally Posted by Meelow

Nintendo bought a time machine, we will relive E3 2012 over and over again!

We've entered an endless recursion of time.
Hermii
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:48 AM)
Hermii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lavapotamus

When they're positioned to talk about Super Smash, Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Project X, Dream Team, New Super Luigi, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 within one hour, it doesn't leave a ton of time for a bunch of surprises. That's assuming they'll ignore impending 3DS stuff, too, which I'm sure they won't. I wonder if they're saving Wii U news for beyond E3? Because at this point...good lord, Nintendo, please don't.

I'm more scared that they'll fuck it up than I am excited about the potential announcements. Of course, I felt that way during the back half of the Wii's lifespan, too. If they wanna go ahead and re-enact the 2010 conference for Wii U, I'm totally cool with being worried over nothing. :D

I doubt if they talk about New Super Luigi U. They did in the last two directs and its coming out in like a month.
PhantomR
Banned
(06-01-2013, 12:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Beermeister

My body is Reggie to be... disappoint.

Kouichi
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:49 AM)
Kouichi's Avatar
My body is ready for Smash Bros.
Gaiaknight
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:49 AM)
Gaiaknight's Avatar
Hopefully they will do what they did last year and have a direct just for the 3ds that's separate from the big direct.
Last edited by Gaiaknight; 06-01-2013 at 01:02 AM.
DashReindeer
Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
(06-01-2013, 12:49 AM)
DashReindeer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hero of Legend

Where did you hear about 4 games at Best Buy?

Originally Posted by Meelow

Not going to E3 2013? Not a problem.

Youíll find all the latest news and announcements from Nintendo right here. Go behind-the-scenes with video tours and interviews, game announcements, and much more.
Watch.

It all starts with the Nintendo Direct presentation on June 11. Coverage will continue throughout E3 with game trailers, interviews, and more.
Experience.

Game demos arenít just for E3 VIPs. Youíll be able to try out four unreleased Wii U games, exclusively at participating Best Buy locations. Stay tuned for details.

I guess it was silly of me to expect that every playable game at E3 would be at Best Buy.

Glad I got my pass to the show early.
Frolow
Banned
(06-01-2013, 12:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Shadow Hog

You're forgetting the new Smash, which was already confirmed to be making an appearance. It's not QUITE so bleak.

Mario Kart was also confirmed. It'll be in playable form, unlike Smash.
Anticitizen One
Banned
(06-01-2013, 12:49 AM)
Anticitizen One's Avatar
Watch them spend 45 minutes talking about and showing Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Mario dream team, and New Luigi Bros
Frodo
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:50 AM)
Frodo's Avatar
Good thing I wont have to ask the day off. I get to watch it after work!

Can we start the hype already? Choooo choooooo

Originally Posted by Anticitizen One

Watch them spend 45 minutes talking about and showing Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Mario dream team, and New Luigi Bros

Don't care as long as they drop a bomb in the end.
Shahadan
(06-01-2013, 12:50 AM)
Shahadan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anticitizen One

Watch them spend 45 minutes talking about and showing Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Mario dream team, and New Luigi Bros

You forgot Wii Fit
PhoenixDawn
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:50 AM)
PhoenixDawn's Avatar
So I dunno if they've officially released the number of games that would have demos available at Best Buys during the E3 special, but now it's confirmed to be 4 according to that site.
I'm guessing that the four games are...
  • Pikmin 3
  • Wonderful 101
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Mario Kart?
What do you all think?
Goldenmoney
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:50 AM)
Goldenmoney's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pixel Warrior

Pleaaase, Nintendo, don't spend too much time showing what we already have seen (Pikmin and W101). I want to believe that X will be shown again, I need to start working on my hype.

Btw, first post on neogaf. :D

My first post as well! Gaf admitted us just in time for the E3 crash.

On topic, I still think Nintendo should have had a big conference as they usually do, but I guess there's no turning back now. Just show us awesome games and everything will be fine! HYPE!
scitek
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:51 AM)
scitek's Avatar
I'll probably get a Wii U soon since I can pick up a couple of games on the cheap now. I hope Nintendo has a strong E3.
Blood Diamonds
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:51 AM)
Blood Diamonds's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shahadan

No MEGATONZ = disaster?

Yes.
Just accept it, it's way it is.
RagnarokX
(06-01-2013, 12:51 AM)
RagnarokX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Canon

1 hour sounds short, UNLESS they announce that it's only for first-party Wii U games and they'll have a separate 3DS Direct and Third-Party direct.

Nintendo's E3 conferences are usually 1 hour long...
OverturePT
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:51 AM)
OverturePT's Avatar

Originally Posted by XenodudeX

They're going to talk about pikmin and W101 whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

W haven't heard of anything regarding tw101 except the box art. No new characters, no new modes, nothing. And they still haven't detailed the multyplayer on pikmin 3 either. You maybe not want to see these things, but I DO.

Nowhere did I say I didn't want to see these things, I just don't want them to spend too much time with them, we've seen the games already. They can give the remaining information in a reasonable amount of time and leave more time for stuff we haven't seen.

They can also use this direct to announce more stuff and excite more people and use further directs to give more details on Pikmin/W101. This direct is crucial to them, they can't flood it with more Pikmin/W101.

But hey, that's just my opinion.
axisofweevils
Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
(06-01-2013, 12:51 AM)
axisofweevils's Avatar
Well, a Nintendo Direct has never disappointed me yet, so I'm optimistic for this. Heck, they even dropped the 3 exclusive Sonic games megaton in the brief pre-E3 direct....
Samurai_Heart
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:51 AM)
Samurai_Heart's Avatar

Originally Posted by Goldenmoney

My first post as well! Gaf admitted us just in time for the E3 crash.

On topic, I still think Nintendo should have had a big conference as they usually do, but I guess there's no turning back now. Just show us awesome games and everything will be fine! HYPE!

Congrats on getting in, enjoy the meltdowns to come =D
Shadow Hog
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:51 AM)
Shadow Hog's Avatar

Originally Posted by BroBuzz

Mario Kart was also confirmed. It'll be in playable form, unlike Smash.

Where did they say Smash wouldn't be?
evilromero
(06-01-2013, 12:51 AM)
evilromero's Avatar

Originally Posted by XenodudeX

They're going to talk about pikmin and W101 whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

W haven't heard of anything regarding tw101 except the box art. No new characters, no new modes, nothing. And they still haven't detailed the multyplayer on pikmin 3 either. You maybe not want to see these things, but I DO.

I would be very disappointed if they spend time on W101 or Pikmin, since they already did that last year :/
Hermii
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:52 AM)
Hermii's Avatar
And at the end of the direct they say : "If you want to try out a litle piece of the games we shown here, the demos are on the E shop. "

It would be the ultimate fuck you to game journalists.
Shahadan
(06-01-2013, 12:52 AM)
Shahadan's Avatar

Originally Posted by YoungBlade

Yes.
Just accept it, it's way it is.

That's a shitty way to look at things :(
Likewise I hope the Xbone/PS4 conferences to focus on things coming in launch window, not beyond.
Frolow
Banned
(06-01-2013, 12:52 AM)

Originally Posted by PhoenixDawn

So I dunno if they've officially released the number of games that would have demos available at Best Buys during the E3 special, but now it's confirmed to be 4 according to that site.
I'm guessing that the four games are...

  • Pikmin 3
  • Wonderful 101
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Mario Kart?
What do you all think?

I'm going to guess
  • 3D Mario
  • Pikmin 3
  • Mario Kart
  • Wind Waker HD
dyergram
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:52 AM)
dyergram's Avatar
My body is ready for understanding of pleas
NotLiquid
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:53 AM)
NotLiquid's Avatar
I really hope people aren't expecting the silhouettes to be the only games shown there. You think Nintendo would seriously give away everything in one go? Where's Mario Kart and Game & Wario in that silhouette if they're only showing what we know?
Hedja
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:53 AM)
Hedja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

It's Mario & Luigi Dream Team for 3DS.

I thought that but isn't E3 Direct a WiiU exclusive?
frankie_baby
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:53 AM)
its a fair bet 2 of the best buy demos are wonderful 101 and pikmin 3
Silent_Ocarina
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:53 AM)
Silent_Ocarina's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shadow Hog

Where did they say Smash wouldn't be?

In January, Iwata mentioned Super Smash Bros. and that the first screens will be shown at E3. After, he talked about 3D Mario and Mario Kart, and he specifically emphasized that those two will be playable.
Hermii
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:54 AM)
Hermii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hedja

I thought that but isn't E3 Direct a WiiU exclusive?

It could be just some random promo art. It doesn't mean it is necessarily in the Direct.
Pangard
Banned
(06-01-2013, 12:54 AM)
Nintendo's E3 presentation is the latest one, isn't it? If they do it right, it'll be the grand finale. Admitting they won't show everything on the direct.
ElementalMage
Banned
(06-01-2013, 12:54 AM)
Is it possible they are teasing playable games on the show floor? And not necessarily games being shown in the direct?
BY2K
Membero Americo
(06-01-2013, 12:55 AM)
BY2K's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hedja

I thought that but isn't E3 Direct a WiiU exclusive?

The shadows are from the Nintendo E3 Website, not the Direct Website.
DashReindeer
Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
(06-01-2013, 12:55 AM)
DashReindeer's Avatar

Originally Posted by evilromero

I would be very disappointed if they spend time on W101 or Pikmin, since they already did that last year :/

They did not spend time on Wonderful 101 during last year's conference actually. It was revealed afterwards on Gametrailers or Spike TV or whatever the crap. For whatever reason, Nintendo thought having Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya around to demo Platinum's latest game wasn't worth time at their press conference, and left it as a surprise :/
Hoodbury
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:55 AM)
Hoodbury's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hedja



This one looks like old Mario. It's definitely not the newer style.

Looks like Smash Bros to me. Mario has a fist and is punching Kirby.
Moosehole
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:55 AM)
Moosehole's Avatar
Hopefully they bring it. Forgive me for being skeptical, though.
Ghost_Protocol
Member
(06-01-2013, 12:56 AM)
Ghost_Protocol's Avatar
This is the company that spent 25 minutes talking about about Arkham City on stage a year after it came out. I fully expect this direct to have around 15 minutes of new stuff (3D mario, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Retro) and 45 minutes of everything we've already seen.

Thread Tools