• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

AnathemicOne
Banned
(10-18-2017, 10:25 PM)

Originally Posted by dapeel61

Took my group a couple tries. We ended up blessing all of the necrofire when you first walk in and then killing the guy in there. Then we went into the room to the east and did the same thing, and then the next room off of that. Basically we cleared everything until all the enemies were in the tiny room. We went back out and filled up on source points, and then came back and bumrushed that room.

Regarding The Doctor, he has three open doorways to his room. We used paintings and chests with high health to lock him in. He will still transform and spawn his adds, but they will beat on one item at a time and won't try to leave the room until one of the entrances is completely clear. This allows you to beat all of the nurses, and then teleport the adds out one at a time.

Kind of the same for me during that fight in Act 4. What I did was block the greeting area with some reinforced crates and had my party holed up in the immediate eastern room. I had that entire eastern hallway leading into the room set on fire and used my mobility/ranger character to aggro and pull them all the way back there. I might try the painting idea next time as I found mobs can still fling spells over those damn crates haha.
Currygan
at last, for christ's sake
(10-18-2017, 10:30 PM)
Currygan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Orcastar

How are you supposed to battle them properly? I just reached the area today and killed one of the mobs maybe three times until he respawned on the other side of a door, ending the battle.

Meh, i killed two before running out of source and patience, so just teleported thru the crack in the wall on the right and lockpicked them doors
Sarcasm
Member
(10-19-2017, 05:36 AM)
Sarcasm's Avatar
Well question

Where are all the altars on nameless isles? I did a full circle...
Arkkoran
Member
(10-19-2017, 05:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Sarcasm

Well question

Where are all the altars on nameless isles? I did a full circle...

I forget the names but...

#1(Vrogir?) in the flooded temple at (110, 905).
#2 at (270, 945) in the village and next to the tiger.
#3(Amadia?) at (115; 740) up the vines and enter the temple.
#4(Duna?) in temple at (320,750)
#5(Rhalic?) at middle of island?
#6(Zorl-Stissa?) at (200; 680)
#7(Xantezza?) at (200; 920) in the mini-cube-world after giving the ruby to the spirit.
HenryEen
Member
(10-19-2017, 10:46 AM)
HenryEen's Avatar
Thinking of getting into the series by getting the Eternal Edition on Steam.

Does the Original Sin 2 requires decent PC to play ? I only have crappy laptop (the best it can do is Dragon Age Inquisition on Low and even then its 20-25FPS). If not, I'll probably wait for/if they release a PS4 version...
Sarcasm
Member
(10-19-2017, 12:11 PM)
Sarcasm's Avatar
Man the flirting with my partner was on epic levels.

Then we finally did it, it was great lol.
Labadal
Member
(10-19-2017, 07:43 PM)
Labadal's Avatar

Originally Posted by HenryEen

Thinking of getting into the series by getting the Eternal Edition on Steam.

Does the Original Sin 2 requires decent PC to play ? I only have crappy laptop (the best it can do is Dragon Age Inquisition on Low and even then its 20-25FPS). If not, I'll probably wait for/if they release a PS4 version...

I'm not good at these things, but I have read that several people have played it with not so powerful computers. You could buy it, try it for two hours and refund it if it doesn't work.
LordGorchnik
Member
(10-19-2017, 08:00 PM)
LordGorchnik's Avatar
Late game Lohse spoiler but is there a extended or full version of her song she plays for you when you beat the doctor/ask her afterwards. I really enjoyed it.
AnathemicOne
Banned
(10-20-2017, 04:16 AM)
Anyone on Tactical difficulty not running a ranger/archer character? Was wondering if it would be possible to forego that skillset.
Arkkoran
Member
(10-20-2017, 04:22 AM)

Originally Posted by LordGorchnik

Late game Lohse spoiler but is there a extended or full version of her song she plays for you when you beat the doctor/ask her afterwards. I really enjoyed it.

Probably my favorite moment in the game. I had such a stupid grin on my face.

Sadly, that is the full version of the song, it is called "Sing to Me". Although, there is a different version of the song and a instrumental version, but both are the same length (2minutes 45secondish).
Renekton
Member
(10-20-2017, 04:35 AM)
Renekton's Avatar

Originally Posted by HenryEen

Thinking of getting into the series by getting the Eternal Edition on Steam.

Does the Original Sin 2 requires decent PC to play ? I only have crappy laptop (the best it can do is Dragon Age Inquisition on Low and even then its 20-25FPS). If not, I'll probably wait for/if they release a PS4 version...

I have a decent gaming rig and it still manages to make my case fans spin at max, so it is a fairly demanding game.
GordonHalfman
Member
(10-20-2017, 09:08 AM)
GordonHalfman's Avatar

Originally Posted by AnathemicOne

Anyone on Tactical difficulty not running a ranger/archer character? Was wondering if it would be possible to forego that skillset.

Yeah it's no problem at all. Probably more fun as well.
clarknova156
Member
(10-20-2017, 09:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Renekton

I have a decent gaming rig and it still manages to make my case fans spin at max, so it is a fairly demanding game.

It is pretty demanding surprisingly. I can run it at 4K 70 FPS with a 6700k 16GB of ram and a GTX 1080. I never get dips either so itís pretty well optimized. It handles lower end rigs very well according to my friends and even turning down graphic options it maintains solid graphics regardless. The only time it might chug is during big fights and with lots of fire effects on the screen.
johancruijff
Banned
(10-20-2017, 10:16 AM)

Originally Posted by Renekton

I have a decent gaming rig and it still manages to make my case fans spin at max, so it is a fairly demanding game.

game is really more CPU heavy than anything
DPB
Member
(10-20-2017, 01:41 PM)
DPB's Avatar
I'm still paralysed by choice, I haven't made it past the character creator yet. I'm torn between making an undead dwarf or choosing one of the origins, will I be missing out on a great deal if I make a custom character?
decoyplatypus
Member
(10-20-2017, 02:02 PM)
decoyplatypus's Avatar

Originally Posted by DPB

I'm still paralysed by choice, I haven't made it past the character creator yet. I'm torn between making an undead dwarf or choosing one of the origins, will I be missing out on a great deal if I make a custom character?

I rolled a custom PC. What I missed out on was (a) the personal quest for a 4th origins character and (b) any subtle differences from playing the main quest from the perspective of a more defined character--though if you're a committed role-player maybe your custom character will be as clear in your imagination as The Red Prince is on the page. You still get plenty of fun dialogue choices and chances to define your character. You still get lots of interaction with the party members. I feel perfectly fine about my decision.
Principate
Saint Titanfall
(10-20-2017, 02:25 PM)
Principate's Avatar

Originally Posted by decoyplatypus

I rolled a custom PC. What I missed out on was (a) the personal quest for a 4th origins character and (b) any subtle differences from playing the main quest from the perspective of a more defined character--though if you're a committed role-player maybe your custom character will be as clear in your imagination as The Red Prince is on the page. You still get plenty of fun dialogue choices and chances to define your character. You still get lots of interaction with the party members. I feel perfectly fine about my decision.

Made a custom female 2 handed plate wearing lizard. No regrets, from a stylistic point of view alone the character is off the charts.

Cannot be beat. Had went with some summoning and tried out lone wolf for a bit. At level 3 with incarnate 10 I looked more imposing than all the other magisters on the island.
Sarcasm
Member
(10-20-2017, 02:57 PM)
Sarcasm's Avatar

Originally Posted by Principate

Made a custom female 2 handed plate wearing lizard. No regrets, from a stylistic point of view alone the character is off the charts.

Cannot be best. Had went with some summoning and tried out lone wolf for a bit. At level 3 with incarnate 10 I looked more imposing than all the other magisters on the island.

Changing skills and whatnot is not what really makes it an origin character or not.

As you can do this on an origin character. Unless I am misreading that is.
Principate
Saint Titanfall
(10-20-2017, 08:05 PM)
Principate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sarcasm

Changing skills and whatnot is not what really makes it an origin character or not.

As you can do this on an origin character. Unless I am misreading that is.

There's is no female preset origin Lizard. There's a male one (the Red Prince) but their isn't a female.
Glajummy
Junior Member
(10-20-2017, 10:47 PM)
Glajummy's Avatar
Credit roll at 104 hours... wow, what can I say? I don't think I've been as immersed with an RPG since Fallout: New Vegas. The game was a delight from start to finish. My only regret would have to be not using Fane. I didn't realize how intertwined his narrative was with the main plot and can only wonder how his commentary would have helped bring things full circle. If I could do it all over again I'd replace The Red Prince with him; TRP story seemed the most disconnected with the ongoings of the world. Maybe in a year's time I'll Lone Wolf the two characters I didn't use (Fane and Beast).
Arkanius
Member
(10-21-2017, 01:00 AM)
Arkanius's Avatar
Guys, do you know where the Necro skill Last Rites is?
I'm tired of buying Ressurection scrolls for my after battles
AnathemicOne
Banned
(10-21-2017, 05:15 AM)
Ugh I'm stuck between two things I wanna do. I wanna get through my second playthrough with the rest of the characters which I am right now (at the start of Act 2 in Driftwood), but I also wanna do a Tactician run with my original party.
Arkkoran
Member
(10-21-2017, 05:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Arkanius

Guys, do you know where the Necro skill Last Rites is?
I'm tired of buying Ressurection scrolls for my after battles

Should show up at any vendor who sells Necro Skill Books once you hit 16.
Kevdo
Member
(10-21-2017, 08:42 AM)
Kevdo's Avatar
Oh man, me and my friend had some crazy end-game shenanigans. We discovered some interesting and very...specific...bugs. Ending spoilers!

So the first time we beat Braccus we both chose not to ascend thinking we could make Ifan do it instead (so that we could shirk responsibility and cavort around the world freely) but that turned out to be a bad idea. Oops, sorry world! So we reloaded and this time we both chose to ascend, which put us in battle, 2v2, my undead Sir Dante Bonyfinger and Lohse vs his lizard Lord Fish Face and Ifan. Lohse went down pretty much right away but after that is where it got fucked up...

Basically, what happened was I killed the other main character (thus winning the fight for ascension) while charmed. We achieved this quite by accident; I had cast Shackles of Pain on Lord Fish Face, who was very low on health, and then Ifan hit me with a Charm arrow. The damage from the charm arrow was enough to kill Fish Face via Shackles, resulting in victory for me, but it also left me charmed, which meant that in the ensuing "pick which ending you want" scene, my character was now being controlled by my friend, and he got to make the decisions. From my computer, I couldn't even see the conversation, just look around the room. Then it cut to the ending cutscene for him, but not for me, and once Charm ran out I could get up and walk around the arena. Turns out Braccus doesn't have any loot on him... Basically I got stuck in the end fight arena while he went on to the epilogue on the boat. Interesting...

So we loaded it up once again and this time didn't go for any fighting shenanigans, just ran through the ending. Once we got to the boat at the end, I decided that after everything I had fought for, all I really wanted was to run around in all my naked skeleton glory. Fish Face came over to see me, and laughed because when I took off my armor I lost enough strength to make me encumbered, and I couldn't move. So I was thinking, what to drop so I can move, when I remembered that I had picked up a Deathfog barrel back in Arx to carry around for emergencies. So I dropped it between us and as I was swinging he yelled, Wait! FUCK!, and died :P

Ifan, Lohse, and Han didn't seem super fussed that I was a skeleton, but then I went and talked to Tarquin, and he was all, "The dead have risen! Attack!" and it started combat. He disappeared, though, so it was, for some reason, me in combat vs...Lohse? Wat? And I couldn't damage her, if I hit her no numbers popped up at all, she was invincible. She was also neutral towards Fish Face, so she revived him, and he joined combat, on my side but still friendly toward Lohse and Ifan, who now wanted to kill me because Tarquin is a little bitch.Once I died and was revived, though, they were neutral to me again, and so we sailed off into the blue.


We had some good laughs, and I'm considering submitting a bug report to Larian regarding these interesting experiences lol

Thus endeth the journey of Lord Fish Face and Sir Dante Bonyfinger
Bubble Metropolis
Member
(10-21-2017, 09:03 AM)
Bubble Metropolis's Avatar
I just entered the cave in the Blackpits and encountered my first crash. And it's a constant, replicable crash at this point. At first I thought it was to do with the initial fight in the cave, where the voidwoken jump on the wounded magister. It crashed 3 times during that fight, but on the 4th try I approached from a different angle and it went fine. I assumed that I just happened to stand in a bad zone.

A little bit later, you encounter a shrieker on a narrow path and there's literally no other path of approach. Everytime I walk up to the shrieker and select any ability, the game hard crashes to desktop. I've now replicated this 10 times in a row.

When I look up Blackpits +crash on Google, there doesn't seem to be any related results. Is this just me?

Edit: Managed to teleport and sneak past.

Aaand happening again during the next encounter.
AnathemicOne
Banned
(10-21-2017, 09:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Bubble Metropolis

I just entered the cave in the Blackpits and encountered my first crash. And it's a constant, replicable crash at this point. At first I thought it was to do with the initial fight in the cave, where the voidwoken jump on the wounded magister. It crashed 3 times during that fight, but on the 4th try I approached from a different angle and it went fine. I assumed that I just happened to stand in a bad zone.

A little bit later, you encounter a shrieker on a narrow path and there's literally no other path of approach. Everytime I walk up to the shrieker and select any ability, the game hard crashes to desktop. I've now replicated this 10 times in a row.

When I look up Blackpits +crash on Google, there doesn't seem to be any related results. Is this just me?

Edit: Managed to teleport and sneak past.

Aaand happening again during the next encounter.

Might be your virtual memory, try setting it? I had an issue in Act 4 where I consistently crashed erry 30 mins until I fixed it.
Prototype Viktor
Member
(10-21-2017, 10:17 AM)
Prototype Viktor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kevdo

.

awesome
camequipped
Member
(10-21-2017, 05:04 PM)
Stupid question but how do I drop stuff into the storage chest using a controller?
Sad Affleck
Member
(10-21-2017, 05:08 PM)
Sad Affleck's Avatar

Originally Posted by camequipped

Stupid question but how do I drop stuff into the storage chest using a controller?

From the inventory screen push X and select "send to Lady Vengeance".
Fantastapotamus
Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
(10-21-2017, 05:08 PM)
Fantastapotamus's Avatar
I'm currently juggling 3 different playthroughs. I know I need to drop one but I'm having such a hard time figuring out which.
One is a coop playthrough with a buddy, so that's obviously priority #1
The second one is just a regular one, but solo
The third one is a Lone Wolf run on Tactician which is really fun so far.

I'm probably gonna drop the second one since it's the least interesting but there's so much I want to do still.
Jay Shadow
Member
(10-21-2017, 05:18 PM)
Jay Shadow's Avatar
A warning for people who are arriving in Arx. You'll eventually find a unique scroll, either by stealing or through the story, that you'll need near the end of the game. Scroll of Atonement. Do not craft any spell scrolls after you get it cause it'll treat it like paper and use it up with no way of getting it back. Cause apparently that happened to me at some point in the last 20 hours of the game. They're gonna fix it in an upcoming patch but they can't give you the item back cause there's no way for them to tell you had it in the first place.
Sullichin
Member
(10-21-2017, 05:42 PM)
Sullichin's Avatar
Think I'm nearly done with Act 2, just doing some cleanup.

Running into a problem where Tarquin isn't returning to the Lady Vengance. Seems other people have this problem too but I can't find a solution. I gave the pieces of Anathema to him and his dialouge makes it seem like he's going to go back to the ship soon but I can't seem to trigger him doing so. Tried talking to him with both my characters. Oh well
Moff
Member
(10-21-2017, 05:43 PM)
Moff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jay Shadow

A warning for people who are arriving in Arx. You'll eventually find a unique scroll, either by stealing or through the story, that you'll need near the end of the game. Scroll of Atonement. Do not craft any spell scrolls after you get it cause it'll treat it like paper and use it up with no way of getting it back. Cause apparently that happened to me at some point in the last 20 hours of the game. They're gonna fix it in an upcoming patch but they can't give you the item back cause there's no way for them to tell you had it in the first place.

I think you don't necessarily need it, you can create a new companion on the lady vengeance who will pass the purity test of the statue. I hope I remember correctly that this is where you needed that scroll.
Jay Shadow
Member
(10-21-2017, 06:12 PM)
Jay Shadow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moff

I think you don't necessarily need it, you can create a new companion on the lady vengeance who will pass the purity test of the statue. I hope I remember correctly that this is where you needed that scroll.

Yeah, luckily that's the one workaround I had to do. Although there was one guy in the bug thread that had long ago killed everyone in the world including the recruiter so he's completely screwed.
DOBERMAN INC
Member
(10-21-2017, 06:19 PM)
DOBERMAN INC's Avatar
I'm not sure if it's a well known glitch or not but I cannot lose money, every time I buy something I get the item but no gold is deducted.
Not sure when or how it happened, even tried to buy the gold back from an npc and that worked, it locked out at 102113 and now does't shift up or down.

edit: reloaded and now it is 99999 but still doesn't deduct.
johancruijff
Banned
(10-21-2017, 06:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Jay Shadow

A warning for people who are arriving in Arx. You'll eventually find a unique scroll, either by stealing or through the story, that you'll need near the end of the game. Scroll of Atonement. Do not craft any spell scrolls after you get it cause it'll treat it like paper and use it up with no way of getting it back. Cause apparently that happened to me at some point in the last 20 hours of the game. They're gonna fix it in an upcoming patch but they can't give you the item back cause there's no way for them to tell you had it in the first place.

wait

it's not the one you find in Kemm's Vault is it? 'cause i sold it to the appraiser...
Duffk1ng
Member
(10-21-2017, 06:38 PM)
Duffk1ng's Avatar
Can someone help me? I assume I'm near the end of chapter 2, I'm doing the ritual for the third time and there's 2 void enemies inside the vision with me. I've killed one, but the other, a Void Devourer, is completely invincible to every single attack I have. I've tried every single thing my character has that they can do, and nothing hurts it. What's going on?

Edit: It had 100% resistance to all magic other than poison, thankfully I was still able to transfer some of fane's gear to Lohse.
Sub Zero
his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
(10-21-2017, 06:57 PM)
Sub Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sullichin

Think I'm nearly done with Act 2, just doing some cleanup.

Running into a problem where Tarquin isn't returning to the Lady Vengance. Seems other people have this problem too but I can't find a solution. I gave the pieces of Anathema to him and his dialouge makes it seem like he's going to go back to the ship soon but I can't seem to trigger him doing so. Tried talking to him with both my characters. Oh well

Yeah, I got this bug too and stopped playing the game until it's fixed. Larian is releasing a big patch next week so hopefully they address this
Jay Shadow
Member
(10-21-2017, 07:01 PM)
Jay Shadow's Avatar

Originally Posted by johancruijff

wait

it's not the one you find in Kemm's Vault is it? 'cause i sold it to the appraiser...

No, it's in the Toymaker's house.
Duffk1ng
Member
(10-21-2017, 07:11 PM)
Duffk1ng's Avatar
Superconductor is an awesome spell.
the_firewithin
Member
(10-21-2017, 09:41 PM)
the_firewithin's Avatar
made it to the namless isle and feel like i have no idea where to go or what to do. ive explored a good part of the island too
Labadal
Member
(10-21-2017, 09:44 PM)
Labadal's Avatar

Originally Posted by the_firewithin

made it to the namless isle and feel like i have no idea where to go or what to do. ive explored a good part of the island too

When I left that place, there were no survivors.
decoyplatypus
Member
(10-21-2017, 10:03 PM)
decoyplatypus's Avatar
I beat the final boss today. Got wrecked on my first attempt; second time, I just (final boss spoiler here) unloaded Arrow Storm on Braccus, and the fight was over. I was pleasantly surprised by (a) the number of ending routes available and (b) the fact that the choice was actually interesting--that's pretty rare! Endgame spoiler question: Did people who had Fane in their party learn about the source veil, Dallas, etc. before reaching Lucian's crypt? I know in my playthrough Beast teed up the possibility of distributing the source to everyone. I wondered if Fane played a similar role w/r/t the "seal the veil" option.

Anyway, what a fantastic game. Larian should be proud. I'm going to take a break for a bit, but I'd like to at least toy around with the DM tools for a bit before Mario comes out.
johancruijff
Banned
(10-21-2017, 10:12 PM)
Act IV

the doctor/demon is confusing, calling me first Fane(betrayed me and now dead) and then threatening Lohse (never had her in my party)
Orcastar
Member
(10-21-2017, 10:17 PM)
Orcastar's Avatar

Originally Posted by decoyplatypus

I beat the final boss today. Got wrecked on my first attempt; second time, I just (final boss spoiler here) unloaded Arrow Storm on Braccus, and the fight was over. I was pleasantly surprised by (a) the number of ending routes available and (b) the fact that the choice was actually interesting--that's pretty rare! Endgame spoiler question: Did people who had Fane in their party learn about the source veil, Dallas, etc. before reaching Lucian's crypt? I know in my playthrough Beast teed up the possibility of distributing the source to everyone. I wondered if Fane played a similar role w/r/t the "seal the veil" option.

Anyway, what a fantastic game. Larian should be proud. I'm going to take a break for a bit, but I'd like to at least toy around with the DM tools for a bit before Mario comes out.

I just beat the game today too. What an awesome ride. I loved the previous game and this one improves on it in pretty much every way. Almost want to start a second playthrough right away, but on the other hand I'm thinking it might just wait and see if Larian releases an enchanced edition next year.

I played as Fane, and I think I first learned about the source veil from the Eternal in the Blackpits. Dallis being Fane's daughter came as a complete surprise though; I don't remember it being mentioned at any point in the game that he had a family. Also, I didn't have Beast in my party and nobody ever mentioned the possibility of distributing the source to everyone, but it was still an option in the end.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, the source veil stuff might have come up even earlier during the visits to the Hall of Echoes.
Labadal
Member
(10-21-2017, 10:23 PM)
Labadal's Avatar

Originally Posted by johancruijff

Act IV

the doctor/demon is confusing, calling me first Fane(betrayed me and now dead) and then threatening Lohse (never had her in my party)

I think he is part of her story quest. I had the same happen to me, but instead of Fane, I was controlling Ifan.
Lister
Member
(10-27-2017, 02:24 AM)
Lister's Avatar
There was a 1.1 gb update today!

Patch notes can be found here:

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads....692#Post633692
LongMuckDong
Member
(10-29-2017, 03:36 AM)
LongMuckDong's Avatar
Inventory sorting has been reversed for everyone it seems....latest added now shows the oldest stuff first; such a weird and annoying change!!!
Dr. Kitty Muffins
Member
(10-30-2017, 04:24 PM)
Dr. Kitty Muffins's Avatar
Any hints as to the eventual console releases?

Thread Tools