• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Cisce
(12-07-2014, 10:31 AM)

Originally Posted by A-V-B

The hell happened to Tekken?

nothing has changed

she hasn't reached chainsaw arms tier yet though.
BernardoOne
For you.
(12-07-2014, 10:33 AM)
I mean, cool if you want to put a moe character in, but that's one messy terrible design.
georaldc
(12-07-2014, 10:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Inuhanyou

That just makes eddie feel so sad. :(

Where the fuck did a random jpopping moeblob idol learn capo from!? Atleast with Christie she was trained by her dad and that ties into Eddie

Looked more like a bgirl to me.
Bergerac
(12-07-2014, 10:35 AM)
LOL I love her. At least she's human (Tekken 4 is my favourite for this reason, along with some others). Only thing I don't get is why she's so similar to Lili.
Masquerader
(12-07-2014, 10:40 AM)
Wha-? I'm sorry, but this is the worst design of next year. At least the last time this happened, the character had chainsaw arms, thrusters coning out of her back, and her head exploded in the hands of her opponent (which automatically made her design fantastic). This is just sickly. :c
SolidusDave
(12-07-2014, 11:05 AM)

Originally Posted by raven777

Is this Yusuke Kozaki's art?

The artwork is not as cringe-worthy as that thing in video I must say. Maybe because it lacks the annoying (not even cute) voice.

Anyway, I'm more concerned about the fighting style than the character designs, looks like a random mix between Lili and Christie... I prefer having characters in Tekken that represent a certain real-world fighting style (in addition to the more wacky stuff). Why not a muai-tai fighter? I know there's Bruce I guess, but it would be cool to have someone like in Ong-Bak.
Even better would be a pencak silat fighter now that the Raid movies are so popular.
IvorB
(12-07-2014, 11:12 AM)

Originally Posted by StrongBlackVine

As long as Nina is in I don't care about the rest.

Originally Posted by Sez

Well said my friend, well said.

The Nina love in these threads is so awesome. Nina Williams forever. They don't make 'em like they used it.
Bakoery
(12-07-2014, 11:27 AM)
I don't understand this. Tekken isn't doing well and to attract more people. While this will work great for Japan and Korea with all their jpop/idolmaster what have you fetish, This doesn't do it for us. Getting back to the top you need everybody's excitement. The masses will never like this and that's not good.

Really poor decision making and maybe selfish when I heard Harada likes idolmaster bullshit. Where Tekken is going saddens me. I mean the graphics, the mechanics, the music and the vibe it's all there and that is what makes it for me but for every new Tekken the most important part are the new and returning characters. If you don't deliver (like Katarina, Claudio, Lucky Chloe, Alisa, Lars) you won't attract the masses.

This is just my point of view about all this.
Kandrick
GAF's Ed McMahon
(12-07-2014, 11:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Dio

Are you serious? Harada is a fucking huge Idolmaster fan.

Here he is celebrating Iori's birthday:

My man, he knows what's up.
Xater
(12-07-2014, 11:34 AM)
What garbage design. I hate her already.

Fucking Otaku pandering....
charsace
Accidental Member
(12-07-2014, 11:37 AM)
This is like that DOA character except not loli.
Stone Ocean
(12-07-2014, 11:40 AM)
Damn this moe pandering! *proceeds to play Xiaoyu dressed as a schoolgirl*
Paracelsus
(12-07-2014, 11:42 AM)
They tried to counter Marie Rose, except the T7 model looks awfully uncanny valley.
Nightbird
(12-07-2014, 11:47 AM)
I like her already, but this is a Character i would i except from DOA, and not Tekken o.o
BrainZEROX
(12-07-2014, 11:49 AM)
Urgh... Won't say more, I'd get banned for that.
Thorgal
(12-07-2014, 11:51 AM)
Looks like i know who i am gonna main :p
Lumine
(12-07-2014, 11:56 AM)
No Harada what are you doing!? You were supposed to take out characters like Alisa, not add an even worse one! We already have Xiaoyu as the "cute" character and she's a much better design. Now announce a PC version already!
Paracelsus
(12-07-2014, 11:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Lumine

No Harada what are you doing!? You were supposed to take out characters like Alisa, not add an even worse one! We already have Xiaoyu as the "cute" character and she's a much better design. Now announce a PC version already!

To be fair most of the characters revealed since Tekken 4 look goofy, Namco is pretty bad at making memorable character designs.
Lumine
(12-07-2014, 12:09 PM)
I think characters like Feng, Steve, Leo, Miguel and Dragunov are great additions actually. I might be forgetting some even.
Sesha
(12-07-2014, 12:16 PM)
She looks like Lili has a sister who is really into idol and otaku culture.
Kikujiro
(12-07-2014, 12:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Stone Ocean

Damn this moe pandering! *proceeds to play Xiaoyu dressed as a schoolgirl*

Schoolgirl is pandering, but it's expected, it doesn't look that ridiculous and it's an alternative costume. And you assume people who dislike this character plays Xiaoyu with a school outfit. This new character is built to be pandering, at least Arisa was unique.
Technoweirdo
(12-07-2014, 12:32 PM)
Drop the cat paws and I -think- the design might be okay?
SykoTech
(12-07-2014, 12:44 PM)
Can't wait for Capcom to counter with a moe of their own in Street Fighter V. Tekken and Dead or Alive can't have all the fun!

There's also Elphet in Xrd, but I really like that one.
Dr. Kitty Muffins
(12-07-2014, 12:55 PM)
It fills s niche I guess.
Tsokolit
(12-07-2014, 12:59 PM)
i literaly said "wtf" after watching that video. whatever..more characters the better i guess.
RedfieldSandwich
(12-07-2014, 01:00 PM)
There's a worrying lack of Nina Williams in all the T7 material we've seen so far...
Monocle
(12-07-2014, 01:01 PM)
No more out of place than Alisa was, and she turned out fine. I think I'm OK with this.
Alienous
(12-07-2014, 01:02 PM)
I'm sick of this kawaii shit.
Degen
(12-07-2014, 01:12 PM)
You can fight with cat paws if you want

you aint #jaguar

You're still getting suplexed through the floor
Amir0x
Banned
(12-07-2014, 01:14 PM)
what the heck Tekken :<

not my main character that's for sure lol
littletran22
(12-07-2014, 01:19 PM)
I'm really cringing at this...

Maybe i need to expose myself to more anime idol moe stuff so I can appreciate this a bit more.

Thinking myself becoming like that I just... *shivers*
Parhelion69
(12-07-2014, 01:24 PM)
I don't have a problem with this particular character, but what I'm really disappointed with, is the graphics. While the gameplay trailer is very HQ, the models look like they're using the exact same ones (a little blocky and bulky), and increased the amount of polygons by a little, just that.

Doesn't look like a PS4 game, more like a really pretty PS3 game, which puzzles me. If it's UE4, why isn't it looking better? Maybe it will be cross-gen and the polygonal detail is low so that it can be easily ported to last gen consoles?

Anyway, I'm not digging the visuals. OFC I'll have a blast with it (always have with Tekkens), but seems like a missed opportunity...
Auto-Reply
(12-07-2014, 01:24 PM)
The best Tekken chara was Bryan Fury anyway!!!
faridmon
(12-07-2014, 01:29 PM)
I don't like her design. The cosplays that comes out of this, however, is gonna be delicious.

Originally Posted by Amir0x

what the heck Tekken :<

not my waifu character that's for sure lol

fixed
Paracelsus
(12-07-2014, 01:34 PM)
Ah, now I know where I got those same bad vibes of uncanny dissonant design before

You can't just slap uguu stuff over a realistic model and expect it to work.
Stone Ocean
(12-07-2014, 01:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Kikujiro

Schoolgirl is pandering, but it's expected, it doesn't look that ridiculous and it's an alternative costume. And you assume people who dislike this character plays Xiaoyu with a school outfit. This new character is built to be pandering, at least Arisa was unique.

Alisa wasn't considered unique back when she was revealed.

There's an entire roster of characters for people to like, I don't see the need to bitch about a new inclusion that doesn't fit one's tastes.
Rafterman
Banned
(12-07-2014, 01:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Xater

What garbage design. I hate her already.

Fucking Otaku pandering....

My exact sentiments.

Seriously, keep that shit in DOA and out of Tekken.
gigantor21
(12-07-2014, 01:49 PM)
Man, the new characters have all been disappointing so far. They're all so...dull. Never expected to say that about Tekken characters.
$h@d0w
(12-07-2014, 02:00 PM)
lol, so much salt

they are just having fun man
skatebored
(12-07-2014, 02:03 PM)
New fighter for a new generation.

Just like Dennis Rodman.
Evilisk
(12-07-2014, 02:06 PM)
The design of the character is just awful. I mean the pandering doesn't bother me I just think it looks like crap. It just looks too busy with the pigtails and the skirt and the tail and the literal earphones and the jacket just looks awful in-game (it's more tolerable in the concept art though)
SatelliteOfLove
(12-07-2014, 02:06 PM)
"For those who thought Alisa wasn't disgustingly UGUUUUU~~~ enough"
E_Darkness
(12-07-2014, 02:13 PM)
Character looks fun. We all know Harada is into the iDOLM@STER life, this was going to happen. We should embrace it. Embrace idol life.

Plus if she's making this many people annoyed, I might just use her for salt
Degen
(12-07-2014, 02:18 PM)

Originally Posted by gigantor21

Man, the new characters have all been disappointing so far. They're all so...dull. Never expected to say that about Tekken characters.

- DOA character
- DOA character
- Soulcalibur character
- concept art of Soulcalibur character
- concept art of final boss who probably won't look like that in-game

Yeah I'd say there's room for improvement

but they've been slipping in this sense since Tekken 6: BR hit arcades
TheSpoiler
(12-07-2014, 02:20 PM)
Tekken is fucking ruined. I don't play these games much so my opinion doesn't matter, but I'll tell you anyway - the series is fucking done. It's over. Namco should just trash Tekken because it was never his wacky or off-beat.

Sure, robotic german men, a dinosaur/kangaroo combo and a space ninja are wacky, but there are levels, people, levels. What's next? A fucking panda bear becoming a playable warrior? An old man that farts? A fucking mini-T Rex?

I hope not. That'd mean my super serious limb fighter that I barely play is turning into something too wacky. And that'd mark the end of fighting games.

/s
Dereck
(12-07-2014, 02:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Degen

- DOA character
- DOA character
- Soulcalibur character
- concept art of Soulcalibur character
- concept art of final boss who probably won't look like that in-game

Yeah I'd say there's room for improvement

but they've been slipping in this sense since Tekken 6: BR hit arcades

Real talk
Jawmuncher
(12-07-2014, 02:22 PM)
I was fine until I saw all the cat stuff.
Kain
(12-07-2014, 02:25 PM)
Alisa was bad, this is downright terrible.

It's ok though, there are plenty of other chars to choose from, variety is always good.

But if they touch my man Lee........
MichaelFassbender
(12-07-2014, 02:32 PM)
They should have named her some portmanteau of "merch sales" because that's what they're going for. It's pretty transparent, and makes me frown.
Gooch: The Destroyer
my power is unlimited xoxo XANDER
(12-07-2014, 02:34 PM)
MMMM...Hang on for a sec. Miku kicking ass.