• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Pikma
Member
(12-04-2012, 12:02 AM)
Pikma's Avatar

Originally Posted by knkng

So something is definitely not right here.

I've downloaded several games since getting the Wii U (Mario, Zombi, Trine and Neo Assault), and everything went pretty well. So I decided to download Assassin's Creed 3 today and the download began and said it would take about 7 hours to complete (which for 17GB isn't too bad). I left to work on the computer and when I came back the Wii U had shut itself off, which is strange because I thought it didn't do that when stuff was downloading.

I turned the system back on and turned off the auto shut down option. However, my download was now at around 52 hours and not going down. I shut off the system and restarted it again but the download was still 50+ hours. I decide to delete the download as well as Neo Assault to re-download and get an idea of the speed. Neo Assault (which is 82MB) is taking 30 minutes to download.

I ran a speed test and my internet is still working fine, but since the Wii U auto shut down the system is downloading like it's in fucking 1999. I don't want to wait 3 days to play Assassin's Creed. This is pure bullshit.

I know your feel, been getting error after error since yesterday, I've seen no less than 7 different error codes, error codes that are not even explained in Nintendo's website.

Tried to change the DNS, changed the IP config and it actually got worse, tired of this shit.

And no, my router is not the problem, my PS3 has no issue at all.

EDIT: I can't play BLOPS online now, yay!
fuck...
Last edited by Pikma; 12-04-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Mihael Mello Keehl
Banned
(12-04-2012, 12:02 AM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar
So its december when should we expect tvii?
AndTAR
Junior Member
(12-04-2012, 12:24 AM)
AndTAR's Avatar
Anyone else getting a very loud, high-frequency "coil hiss" from the Wii U power brick?

Happens to mine whenever 3D graphics are displayed; just like with certain PC graphics cards. Never though I'd hear a console component make this noise..
Karish
Member
(12-04-2012, 12:29 AM)
Karish's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

So its december when should we expect tvii?

I'm hoping it comes along with a more major firmware update fixing a lot of the issues...
nickcv
Member
(12-04-2012, 01:00 AM)
nickcv's Avatar
while i was initially sad about my gamepad not working in my bedroom, i'm actually relieved now, otherwise i would never sleep probably.

ps: smiles are you actually playing games? XD every time i look at my friend list you are browsing miiverse
Bullza2o
Member
(12-04-2012, 01:21 AM)
Bullza2o's Avatar
I'm not getting a Wii U anytime soon, but I am saving up money for it right now. However, I am getting a little worried with the demand of this thing. Earlier today I went to Walmart and saw 2 deluxe and 1 regular boxes. Compared that to the Wii launch I never saw one until around 8 months since it came out.

I may be overreacting, but I'm not too sure there's a huge demand for Wii U now.
Tralfamadore64
Banned
(12-04-2012, 01:58 AM)
Tralfamadore64's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bullza2o

I'm not getting a Wii U anytime soon, but I am saving up money for it right now. However, I am getting a little worried with the demand of this thing. Earlier today I went to Walmart and saw 2 deluxe and 1 regular boxes. Compared that to the Wii launch I never saw one until around 8 months since it came out.

I may be overreacting, but I'm not too sure there's a huge demand for Wii U now.

There doesn't seem to be. The advertising push has been super low. It isn't just that "hard core" gamers aren't interested because it's "only as powerful as the current gen". It's that even the casual consumers are essentially unaware of its existence or are unaware that it's a new console at all.

I talked to a guy on BLOPS2 the other day who said he was pissed when he got it home because he thought it was a portable handheld.
Deku Tree
Member
(12-04-2012, 02:21 AM)
Deku Tree's Avatar
Crazy Super Mario Galaxy glitch during Wii emulation mode on Wii U:


Bowser's dark matter plant level. Darkness on the horizon. Fighting bowser. And Bowser just flies away into space further and further away. And he never comes back. The screen is stuck on staring at him flying away. I've been watching it for several minutes now. Can't do anything but reset.


Is that a known game glitch ? Or is that an emulation glitch ? Or something else ?
JavyOO7
Member
(12-04-2012, 02:26 AM)
JavyOO7's Avatar
Can't wait when the virtual console eventually transition its way to the e-shop. I'll eventually transfer all my Wii VC stuff over to the Wii U. All this of course to play on the Wii U pad.

This of course is if Nintendo is working on them for a future release like Iwata says. =p
Drago
Member
(12-04-2012, 02:28 AM)
Drago's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deku Tree

Bowser's dark matter plant level. Darkness on the horizon. Fighting bowser. And Bowser just flies away into space further and further away. And he never comes back. The screen is stuck on staring at him flying away. I've been watching it for several minutes now. Can't do anything but reset.

That's really creepy... lol
F#A#Oo
Banned
(12-04-2012, 02:35 AM)
F#A#Oo's Avatar
Has there been any news on when the eShop will update for new releases? Is it weekly? Fortnightly? Monthly?
Zeer0id
Member
(12-04-2012, 02:38 AM)
Zeer0id's Avatar

Originally Posted by F#A#Oo

Has there been any news on when the eShop will update for new releases? Is it weekly? Fortnightly? Monthly?

eShop only stuff should still be on Thursdays; retail releases should be same day, so Tuesday for most third parties, and whenever for Nintendo.
Hobby
Member
(12-04-2012, 03:02 AM)
Didn't think this deserved a thread, but I translated the article, anyway.

Nintendo strengthens digital marketing with the adoption of Adobe Marketing Cloud

Adobe Systems today announced that Nintendo has adopted their Adobe Marketing Cloud, the unified solution for digital marketing.

Adobe Marketing Cloud analyzes consumer trends in various channels, such as web, mobile, and social services, as well as clarifying consumer segments and their needs. Adobe Marketing Cloud is also a useful tool for increasing customer satisfaction, strengthening online sales, promoting brand recognition, and offering appropriate content matching consumers' interests.

Nintendo will use Adobe Marketing Cloud in various channels, such as Wii U's online sales channel Nintendo eShop, to understand consumers' needs, grasping user trends, and the company is also planning to strengthen communications as well as content deployment with it.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2.../04/61905.html
abstract alien
baby dolphin -> sun
it's the only way
(12-04-2012, 03:03 AM)
abstract alien's Avatar

Originally Posted by Deku Tree

Crazy Super Mario Galaxy glitch during Wii emulation mode on Wii U:


Bowser's dark matter plant level. Darkness on the horizon. Fighting bowser. And Bowser just flies away into space further and further away. And he never comes back. The screen is stuck on staring at him flying away. I've been watching it for several minutes now. Can't do anything but reset.


Is that a known game glitch ? Or is that an emulation glitch ? Or something else ?

That sounds like a fucking platforming survival horror...
Nostremitus
Member
(12-04-2012, 03:11 AM)
Nostremitus's Avatar
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, and its certainly not thread worthy.

Wii U's eShop has a wishlist, but its hidden in the 'all ratings' tab for some reason...

Also, there needs to be a central hub for general discussion outside of communities on Miiverse.
Last edited by Nostremitus; 12-04-2012 at 03:14 AM.
BowieZ
T-minus 3 crappy threads until Junior Status is obtained!
(12-04-2012, 03:15 AM)
BowieZ's Avatar
I'm hoping Friends List and Miiverse get merged one day.
Unconditional
Member
(12-04-2012, 03:19 AM)
Unconditional's Avatar
Geez. New console buying spree. Bought the deluxe 2 weeks ago. Bought ng3 a week ago. Then I made the mistake of walking into TRU with the B1G1 50%off. Walked out of there with zombiu, nbmbu, controller pro, and Mario partyy 9 as a gift.
JavyOO7
Member
(12-04-2012, 03:21 AM)
JavyOO7's Avatar
Hah. With WiiU browser you can scroll with zl and zr. And scroll with tilt. I just found this out since internet of mine is really spotty still with the console. =p
Laguna X
Nintendogs Member
(12-04-2012, 03:22 AM)
Laguna X's Avatar

Originally Posted by BowieZ

I'm hoping Friends List and Miiverse get merged one day.

Agreed. I don't know if there's any good reason to have them as separate apps.

Have any of you tried out the Nyko UBoost? Any impressions? I'd like to be able to charge the Gamepad while playing and this seems to be the only solution available. However, I'm not a big fan of third party peripherals and accessories as they tend to be cheaply made and unreliable.
Ragingbegal
Member
(12-04-2012, 03:24 AM)
Ragingbegal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Laguna X

Agreed. I don't know if there's any good reason to have them as separate apps.

Have any of you tried out the Nyko UBoost? Any impressions? I'd like to be able to charge the Gamepad while playing and this seems to be the only solution available. However, I'm not a big fan of third party peripherals and accessories as they tend to be cheaply made and unreliable.

You can already charge the Gamepad while playing. Just plug the charging cord into the top of the pad. It's a pretty long cord too.
Lupin the Third
Member
(12-04-2012, 03:28 AM)
Lupin the Third's Avatar
Is anyone else somewhat annoyed that there's no "." button in the TV Remote function on the GamePad? I have to use the Channel Guide or Up-Down buttons to do anything relating to channel control, completely wasting that 10-key number pad.
Vyse The Legend
Wiser than thou
(12-04-2012, 03:39 AM)
Vyse The Legend's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

So its december when should we expect tvii?

The Japanese launch, aka the end of the beta test, is this weekend. The update may roll out then.
Pikma
Member
(12-04-2012, 03:45 AM)
Pikma's Avatar
There will be Emergency Maintenance tomorrow from 10:00-19:00 PST if any of the Issues I'm suffering from don't get sorted out I'm gonna punch Reggie, a girly punch in the face, tired of this, 8 different error codes and I don't have the slight idea of what they're all about.
Zeer0id
Member
(12-04-2012, 03:47 AM)
Zeer0id's Avatar
Nintendo TVii is launching with the Wii U in Japan on Dec 8, so I'm assuming we'll get it at the same time in other territories with a system update. If they're going to address any problems, it'll probably be then.
Skiesofwonder
Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
(12-04-2012, 03:50 AM)
Skiesofwonder's Avatar

Originally Posted by JavyOO7

Hah. With WiiU browser you can scroll with zl and zr. And scroll with tilt. I just found this out since internet of mine is really spotty still with the console. =p

Wait, how do you scroll with tilt?
Mihael Mello Keehl
Banned
(12-04-2012, 03:53 AM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vyse The Legend

The Japanese launch, aka the end of the beta test, is this weekend. The update may roll out then.

Hell yea I hope so.
JavyOO7
Member
(12-04-2012, 04:28 AM)
JavyOO7's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skiesofwonder

Wait, how do you scroll with tilt?

Press ZL+ZR. Then it gives you a view of the web page and then you can scroll with tilt. Its pretty funny.
SS4Gogita
Henshin!
(12-04-2012, 04:32 AM)
SS4Gogita's Avatar
Have there been any hints that we'll eventually be able to do something like watch Netflix on the TV while playing a game on the pad? Is that even technically feasible?
knkng
Member
(12-04-2012, 04:42 AM)

Originally Posted by knkng

So something is definitely not right here.

I've downloaded several games since getting the Wii U (Mario, Zombi, Trine and Neo Assault), and everything went pretty well. So I decided to download Assassin's Creed 3 today and the download began and said it would take about 7 hours to complete (which for 17GB isn't too bad). I left to work on the computer and when I came back the Wii U had shut itself off, which is strange because I thought it didn't do that when stuff was downloading.

I turned the system back on and turned off the auto shut down option. However, my download was now at around 52 hours and not going down. I shut off the system and restarted it again but the download was still 50+ hours. I decide to delete the download as well as Neo Assault to re-download and get an idea of the speed. Neo Assault (which is 82MB) is taking 30 minutes to download.

I ran a speed test and my internet is still working fine, but since the Wii U auto shut down the system is downloading like it's in fucking 1999. I don't want to wait 3 days to play Assassin's Creed. This is pure bullshit.

Just an update on this.

After messing around with a bunch of stuff, I finally got it going at a decent speed again. I first tried linking the Wii U directly to my router (in both the router and Wii U settings), disabling all firewalls, and resetting all connections and there was still no improvement. Finally I tried switching from channel 11 to channel 1 in the router and it's working again. The stupid part is that channel 11 was working perfectly before, and has a 100% signal with the Wii U, while channel 1 only has a 91% signal. Maybe switching the channels refreshed something in the system, I don't know.

Anyways, fair warning, make sure your system doesn't auto shut-down during a download, it might give you some trouble.

Originally Posted by SS4Gogita

Have there been any hints that we'll eventually be able to do something like watch Netflix on the TV while playing a game on the pad? Is that even technically feasible?

Probably not since they are both separate applications. The only things you can run in the background are the apps listed in the home menu (eShop, browser, Miiverse, etc.) Although what you're talking about wouldn't even be in the background, it would literally be two applications running simultaneously on different screens so...not too likely.
Skiesofwonder
Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
(12-04-2012, 04:44 AM)
Skiesofwonder's Avatar

Originally Posted by JavyOO7

Press ZL+ZR. Then it gives you a view of the web page and then you can scroll with tilt. Its pretty funny.

Need two hands huh.
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(12-04-2012, 04:45 AM)
Smiles and Cries's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hobby

Didn't think this deserved a thread, but I translated the article, anyway.



http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2.../04/61905.html

Interesting, I guess Adobe can survive the fall of Flash after all they have so many other things to sell. These Press Releases by 3rd Parties seem to be the only way to get some news out to this platform.
EloquentM
aka Mannny
(12-04-2012, 04:46 AM)
EloquentM's Avatar
So my console hardlocked for the first time and now it's having trouble connecting with my router. I'm now getting connection error codes left and right. Netflix isn't working eshop and miiverse aren't working... great.
Dreamwriter
Member
(12-04-2012, 04:49 AM)
Dreamwriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lupin the Wolf

Is anyone else somewhat annoyed that there's no "." button in the TV Remote function on the GamePad? I have to use the Channel Guide or Up-Down buttons to do anything relating to channel control, completely wasting that 10-key number pad.

Agreed! Someone at Nintendo wasn't thinking when they designed that...
knkng
Member
(12-04-2012, 04:49 AM)

Originally Posted by EloquentM

So my console hardlocked for the first time and now it's having trouble connecting with my router. I'm now getting connection error codes left and right. Netflix isn't working eshop and miiverse aren't working... great.

Try changing the router channel from 1 to 11, or 11 to 1, whichever it would be...that's what worked for me...
And be sure to reboot the router afterwards.
EloquentM
aka Mannny
(12-04-2012, 04:52 AM)
EloquentM's Avatar
K
Mistle
Member
(12-04-2012, 04:52 AM)
Mistle's Avatar
So I got a HDD hooked up. What things should I put on it, and what things should I leave on the system memory? Is there any benefit either way? Thinking about putting all the games and game data on the external and leaving apps on the system. Just seems neat. But I don't have a technical reason for doing so.
And will new games ask which device I want to save onto in the future? Or do I have to set a default somehow?

Also, does new patch data for a game overwrite old patch data? So I don't end up with heaps of different patches for the single game taking up space?

I only owned a Wii last gen so I'm not sure how the whole external HDD thing works in regards to consoles, haha
Skiesofwonder
Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
(12-04-2012, 04:54 AM)
Skiesofwonder's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dreamwriter

Agreed! Someone at Nintendo wasn't thinking when they designed that...

Nintendo TVii had that wheel controller function, so maybe that will take care of it. I'm just hoping it has a recall button.
Dreamwriter
Member
(12-04-2012, 04:56 AM)
Dreamwriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pikma

There will be Emergency Maintenance tomorrow from 10:00-19:00 PST if any of the Issues I'm suffering from don't get sorted out I'm gonna punch Reggie, a girly punch in the face, tired of this, 8 different error codes and I don't have the slight idea of what they're all about.

All your error codes are with the e-shop? That's the only thing being taken down for maintenance.
GiantEnemyGoomba
Member
(12-04-2012, 04:57 AM)
GiantEnemyGoomba's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vyse The Legend

The Japanese launch, aka the end of the beta test, is this weekend. The update may roll out then.

I wouldn't be so sure the beta is ending. I think it may take a while to fix all the problems others are having yet I've somehow avoided.
Medalion
Banned
(12-04-2012, 05:03 AM)
Medalion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bullza2o

I'm not getting a Wii U anytime soon, but I am saving up money for it right now. However, I am getting a little worried with the demand of this thing. Earlier today I went to Walmart and saw 2 deluxe and 1 regular boxes. Compared that to the Wii launch I never saw one until around 8 months since it came out.

I may be overreacting, but I'm not too sure there's a huge demand for Wii U now.

I think it's kinda unfair that Nintendo needs lightning to strike twice to be not considered a failure

Nintendo's freak success with the Wii in its first couple of years, I don't think can be duplicated...by anyone lately unless yer Apple.

Nintendo is doing alright, but not great, but not bad either... but I suppose that just means a failure anyways to those that wanna view it that way.
knkng
Member
(12-04-2012, 05:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Mistle

So I got a HDD hooked up. What things should I put on it, and what things should I leave on the system memory? Is there any benefit either way? Thinking about putting all the games and game data on the external and leaving apps on the system. Just seems neat. But I don't have a technical reason for doing so.
And will new games ask which device I want to save onto in the future? Or do I have to set a default somehow?

Also, does new patch data for a game overwrite old patch data? So I don't end up with heaps of different patches for the single game taking up space?

I only owned a Wii last gen so I'm not sure how the whole external HDD thing works in regards to consoles, haha

If a hard drive is hooked up, everything you download will go directly into it without asking (I guess it's presumed that's where you want it). I don't believe there's a benefit to having something on the system vs on the hard drive.

No game has had multiple patches so it's hard to say what will happen with the old data, but everything pertaining to a game is inside the games "folder". For example, if you download Mario Bros. there will be one file, and inside that file will be smaller files for save data, shared save data, update data, the game itself, etc. So it's not like there will be a mess of patches all over your hard drive.
Cfh123
Member
(12-04-2012, 05:06 AM)
Cfh123's Avatar
I saw somewhere on Neogaf a list of download sizes of Wii U shop games. Now I can't find it. Can someone link me to it? Thanks.
knkng
Member
(12-04-2012, 05:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Cfh123

I saw somewhere on Neogaf a list of download sizes of Wii U shop games. Now I can't find it. Can someone link me to it? Thanks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500367
EDarkness
Member
(12-04-2012, 05:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Medalion

I think it's kinda unfair that Nintendo needs lightning to strike twice to be not considered a failure

Nintendo's freak success with the Wii in its first couple of years, I don't think can be duplicated...by anyone lately unless yer Apple.

Nintendo is doing alright, but not great, but not bad either... but I suppose that just means a failure anyways to those that wanna view it that way.

I agree. Not sure why they have to have the same situation as they did with the Wii. That was a total fluke and if we think about the 360 and where it was a few years ago, times have changed quite a lot. Especially for the PS3. So pick up the games you want and just sit back and enjoy yourself.

The Gamecube was anything but a huge success, but I enjoyed it a lot. One of my favorite systems.

I say the same thing with the Vita. If you like it, pick it up and support it. Not everything can be the PS2 or Wii.
Cfh123
Member
(12-04-2012, 05:10 AM)
Cfh123's Avatar

Originally Posted by knkng

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500367

Thanks!
EDarkness
Member
(12-04-2012, 05:16 AM)

Originally Posted by knkng

If a hard drive is hooked up, everything you download will go directly into it without asking (I guess it's presumed that's where you want it). I don't believe there's a benefit to having something on the system vs on the hard drive.

No game has had multiple patches so it's hard to say what will happen with the old data, but everything pertaining to a game is inside the games "folder". For example, if you download Mario Bros. there will be one file, and inside that file will be smaller files for save data, shared save data, update data, the game itself, etc. So it's not like there will be a mess of patches all over your hard drive.

I'm glad it doesn't ask me constantly where to store my saves or where the saves are. That irritates me to no end on the 360. Of course my saves are on the HDD. Ugh.

Not having to worry about it is nice and since I have a 2TB drive hooked up, I never really have to worry about space. It's great in my opinion.
Valtor
Member
(12-04-2012, 05:25 AM)
So my TV isn't supported by the Wii U, do you guys know if there's anything I can do to fix this??
Ydahs
Member
(12-04-2012, 05:29 AM)
Ydahs's Avatar
Nano Assault is so good. My most played title so far.

It's only $10 people! Be sure to check it out.
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(12-04-2012, 05:31 AM)
Smiles and Cries's Avatar
is Avengers any good?

eShop US already updated I guess and 3 more communities on Miiverse
rpmurphy
Member
(12-04-2012, 06:08 AM)
rpmurphy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lupin the Wolf

Is anyone else somewhat annoyed that there's no "." button in the TV Remote function on the GamePad? I have to use the Channel Guide or Up-Down buttons to do anything relating to channel control, completely wasting that 10-key number pad.

Isn't there a "." key next to the zero key, or is that something different?

Thread Tools