• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

CrashPrime
Member
(10-15-2012, 11:27 PM)
CrashPrime's Avatar

Originally Posted by JordanN

Sven talks Darkstalkers in regards to Wii U.


http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capc...=35#525120167/

God damn Nintendo dragging their feet with eShop/online. Ugh! I so badly wanted this on Wii U.
Oersted
Junior Member
(10-15-2012, 11:28 PM)
Oersted's Avatar

Originally Posted by soulassssns

Out of the many systems that nintendo has made I'd say "rarely" as well.

Wholeheartedly agree. Sorry if it came the wrong way.
fabricated backlash
Member
(10-15-2012, 11:30 PM)
fabricated backlash's Avatar

Originally Posted by NateDrake

When has Nintendo been cheap with batteries? Battery technology hasn't advanced much and the PS3 controller last a long time, so I don't think 80hrs is out of the realm of possibility.

The PS3 controller lasts about 15 to 20 hours a charge. 80 hours is completely out of the realm of possibility for various reasons:
1) Nintendo is cheap when it comes to batteries
2) The battery needed would be huge, when the actual battery bay in the Pro controller is even smaller than the 3DS one.

Originally Posted by ColdBlooder

Never used a Wavebird, have you?

I did, but it didn't have rumble and used conventional AA batteries. My rechargeably AA batteries in the Wiimote also last for about 25 hours. Built in LI-Ion batteries are never as strong as AA batteries.

Originally Posted by Kaijima


I doubt it's 80 hours though. Sounds like random misinformation from Gamestop. I would expect the pro controller to have about the same run time as a Dual Shock 3 or 360 gamepad on a full battery charge.

That would put it in between 10-20 hours runtime. Which isn't bad, but 80 is just downright utopic to claim.
Meelow
Banned
(10-15-2012, 11:32 PM)

Originally Posted by CrashPrime

God damn Nintendo dragging their feet with eShop/online. Ugh! I so badly wanted this on Wii U.

And we still might get it. a year ago Capcom didn't know about the Wii U online but they know much more now so it could in development right now, plus it's coming out in 2013? So their is time.
EloquentM
Banned
(10-15-2012, 11:33 PM)
EloquentM's Avatar

Originally Posted by fabricated backlash

The PS3 controller lasts about 15 to 20 hours a charge. 80 hours is completely out of the realm of possibility for various reasons:
1) Nintendo is cheap when it comes to batteries
2) The battery needed would be huge, when the actual battery bay in the Pro controller is even smaller than the 3DS one.


I did, but it didn't have rumble and used conventional AA batteries. My rechargeably AA batteries in the Wiimote also last for about 25 hours. Built in LI-Ion batteries are never as strong as AA batteries.



That would put it in between 10-20 hours runtime. Which isn't bad, but 80 is just downright utopic to claim.

still not understanding how you can validly claim that nintendo is cheap with batteries. the "nintendo is cheap" argument is the shittiest argument to ever come out of this generation.
Drago
Member
(10-15-2012, 11:40 PM)
Drago's Avatar

Originally Posted by BlankaBR

Don't you guys think that Scribblenauts should be a eshop downloadable game? I have It on my phone, its a fun game but i just cant see the value of 60 bucks on this game, i paid less than 10 for the iphone. What do you think?

I'm only getting it for $40 (love ya NewEgg) and I think that's fair... it's the most I would pay for it. I think $60 is too much for it.
Rush2thestart
Member
(10-15-2012, 11:43 PM)
Rush2thestart's Avatar

Originally Posted by BlankaBR

Don't you guys think that Scribblenauts should be a eshop downloadable game? I have It on my phone, its a fun game but i just cant see the value of 60 bucks on this game, i paid less than 10 for the iphone. What do you think?

Well the iOS version has worse controls and is a weird combination (half and half port) of the first two games, which are a couple of years old now.

Could it be an eshop game? Sure. But that doesnt necessarily have to mean the game is devalued.
jozero
Junior Member
(10-15-2012, 11:45 PM)
I like the idea of using the gamepad as the screen if the TV is busy. Is there anyway of telling which games support being played purely on the game pad ?

it doesn't appear on gamepad play is a requirement for development on the WiiU. Essentially the WiiU can be a console level handheld thats tethered to your house, this feature is being under played in my opinion.
BlankaBR
Banned
(10-15-2012, 11:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Drago

I'm only getting it for $40 (love ya NewEgg) and I think that's fair... it's the most I would pay for it. I think $60 is too much for it.

I forget about the newegg deal! That helps
The_Lump
Member
(10-15-2012, 11:47 PM)
The_Lump's Avatar

Originally Posted by BlankaBR

Don't you guys think that Scribblenauts should be a eshop downloadable game? I have It on my phone, its a fun game but i just cant see the value of 60 bucks on this game, i paid less than 10 for the iphone. What do you think?


The iPad version seems like Scribblenauts-lite to me. Don't know why, it just did. I'd be happy to pay more for a full on experience, if that exists. Is there any actual difference between the "casual" platform versions and the console?

Edit: answered on this page, sorry.

So yeah, I'd pay full price for the full game, and the ipad/phone version is worth its price.
Last edited by The_Lump; 10-15-2012 at 11:50 PM.
EloquentM
Banned
(10-15-2012, 11:49 PM)
EloquentM's Avatar

Originally Posted by BlankaBR

I forget about the newegg deal! That helps

what deal?
Drago
Member
(10-15-2012, 11:49 PM)
Drago's Avatar

Originally Posted by BlankaBR

I forget about the newegg deal! That helps

I don't think there are any pre order deals going on right now, but I'm positive they'll have another one before the games launch. They seem to have these every few weeks :)
fabricated backlash
Member
(10-15-2012, 11:56 PM)
fabricated backlash's Avatar

Originally Posted by EloquentM

still not understanding how you can validly claim that nintendo is cheap with batteries. the "nintendo is cheap" argument is the shittiest argument to ever come out of this generation.

They are. The battery life on the 3DS is inacceptable. Had they increased the size just for a few centimeters it could've improved the battery life to acceptable levels.
On Wii they went with AA batteries instead of putting in a battery for the hefty price you pay for a Wiimote.
Even though the XL is better it's still only 4-5 hours charge is still pathethicly low.
Same goes for the Gamepad. 3-5 hours for a controller is just downright pathethic, especially given how much room they could work with.

Nintendo has been really cheap this gen to the detriment of the player experience.

I don't care for flops and hertz, but when they start screwing up stuff like battery life thats where I draw the line.
Meelow
Banned
(10-15-2012, 11:57 PM)

Originally Posted by fabricated backlash

They are. The battery life on the 3DS is inacceptable. Had they increased the size just for a few centimeters it could've improved the battery life to acceptable levels.
On Wii they went with AA batteries instead of putting in a battery for the hefty price you pay for a Wiimote.
Even though the XL is better it's still only 4-5 hours charge is still pathethicly low.
Same goes for the Gamepad. 3-5 hours for a controller is just downright pathethic, especially given how much room they could work with.

Nintendo has been really cheap this gen to the detriment of the player experience.

I don't care for flops and hertz, but when they start screwing up stuff like battery life thats where I draw the line.

The 3DS XL has better battery than the Vita, and the 3DS has the same as the Vita so your point is pretty invalid.
TheChewyWaffles
Member
(10-15-2012, 11:59 PM)
TheChewyWaffles's Avatar
I like that the Wiimote takes AA's - never had to worry about them dying as long as you have a pack of energizer's around.
fabricated backlash
Member
(10-16-2012, 12:01 AM)
fabricated backlash's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meelow

The 3DS XL has better battery than the Vita, and the 3DS has the same as the Vita so your point is pretty invalid.

Oh bullshit, the OG 3DS at max settings has up to 3h, the Vita up to 5
The XL has up to 5, so same as the Vita.

Originally Posted by BigNastyCurve

I like that the Wiimote takes AA's - never had to worry about them dying as long as you have a pack of energizer's around.

I use rechargeables and the battery life is great but it's a mess to constantly switch them/have some charged ones lying around.
Meelow
Banned
(10-16-2012, 12:04 AM)

Originally Posted by fabricated backlash

Oh bullshit, the OG 3DS at max settings has up to 3h, the Vita up to 5
The XL has up to 5, so same as the Vita.



I use rechargeables and the battery life is great but it's a mess to constantly switch them/have some charged ones lying around.

The 3DS can last up to 5 hours while the 3DS XL can last up to 6 hours.
Sagitario
Member
(10-16-2012, 12:07 AM)
Sagitario's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alistair Roo

lmao
shameless scam is shameless
to be honest, I would look up other options
Gameplanet is one of the most expensive videogame stores in Mexico
Stores like Walmart, Sam's Club, Costco, Liverpool and even Gamers Retail
will have tons of deals and I'm sure way cheaper


I highly doubt it will be much cheaper. The prices on consoles don't change that much between retailers, sadly. Not a lot of deals, either.


Originally Posted by Jezan

Holy shit!!!
:'(

I think I will cancel my preorder or something, thats just...too much. and maybe buy it in America or something daaamn

My plan is to buy the console on USA, but I am not sure if there will be units available.
Last edited by Sagitario; 10-16-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Spieler Eins
Member
(10-16-2012, 12:08 AM)
Spieler Eins's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meelow

The 3DS can last up to 5 hours while the 3DS XL can last up to 6 hours.

It's a ridiculous task to actually get the 5 hours out of it. It's probably only possible on the lowest light setting, with everything else also turned off.
fabricated backlash
Member
(10-16-2012, 12:09 AM)
fabricated backlash's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meelow

The 3DS can last up to 5 hours while the 3DS XL can last up to 6 hours.

Yeah if you turn of Wifi, turn down the screen brightness to 1, turn on power save mode, and disable 3D.

Those times are completely useless in any real world scenario.
Meelow
Banned
(10-16-2012, 12:10 AM)

Originally Posted by fabricated backlash

Yeah if you turn of Wifi, turn down the screen brightness to 1, turn on power save mode, and disable 3D.

Those times are completely useless in any real world scenario.

Why are we even talking about batteries than? Did something happen today to make people talk about how much Nintendo spends on batteries?
Phife Dawg
Member
(10-16-2012, 12:10 AM)
Phife Dawg's Avatar

Originally Posted by fabricated backlash

I use rechargeables and the battery life is great but it's a mess to constantly switch them/have some charged ones lying around.

Much better than the controller dying on you imo, since wired play wouldn't work with a lot of games.
Hobby
Member
(10-16-2012, 12:12 AM)


Edit: the interview is actually from March 2009.

So I went through that Iwata interview a bit more thoroughly. Some more interesting stuff:

Question: "When you felt a sense of danger regarding the shrinking game market, did your employees and engineers also share that same sentiment?"

Iwata: "It's unlikely that every employee is going to thoroughly believe the company president when he says something will be 'the next big thing'. Although, Yamauchi might've been capable of doing that. He's super charismatic, and was able to take Nintendo from a mere local Hanafuda and card company to a 'world-wide Nintendo'. His words have a different weight to them, as a result. I'm much younger than he is, plus I came to Nintendo as an outsider of the company."

Iwata then goes on to say that there was a bit of resistance, but bit by bit, he was able to convince his employees that moving the company direction to try and expand the audience could work. Things really started to change, both internally at Nintendo and with their game audience when Brain Training broke out as a hit.

Question: "Currently, Nintendo is in very good shape. Does the company ever tend to lose its will to challenge [the market]?"

Iwata: "There was a time when Nintendo systems were not the mainstream system. We were frustrated that the market and consumers had preconceived notions about our products-- ones that we put our all into making-- and wouldn't accept them. Even in stores, our products were placed in the back section, which was another reason why they were unable to reach consumers. This was a bitter experience for us, and a number of our employees still feel that way. On the other hand, the employees we were able to pick up in the past three years or so, only know of 'the Nintendo that's performing well'. I'm a little concerned that there's an ever-expanding group of people that didn't experience our tougher times.

However, I believe that many of our employees understand that we're not always going to have the tailwind on our side, because above all else, this is a market in which 'entertainment' doesn't always follow the same formulas for success."

- NOA management were the ones that came up with the phrase "from ages 5 to 95".
- Iwata feels that if he was unable to show results with this new direction (expanding the audience) for the company after 5 years or so, he likely would've been fired.
- He's very thankful for being able to meet Professor Kawashima, and that a bunch of people supported Brain Training.

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/article...121009/244633/

Second part here:
http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/article...121009/244635/
Last edited by Hobby; 10-16-2012 at 12:39 AM.
EloquentM
Banned
(10-16-2012, 12:12 AM)
EloquentM's Avatar
I can barely get 2 hours at max settings out of my vita >_>
fabricated backlash
Member
(10-16-2012, 12:13 AM)
fabricated backlash's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meelow

Why are we even talking about batteries than? Did something happen today to make people talk about how much Nintendo spends on batteries?

Yeah the ridiculous idea that the battery in the Pro would last 80 hours on a single charge.
I was pointing out that with Nintendo cutting corners on batteries such a figure is merely a pipe dream. 10 to 20 hours is what you can expect from the PRO.

Originally Posted by Phife Dawg

Much better than the controller dying on you imo, since wired play wouldn't work with a lot of games.

I'll give you that! In terms of the Wiimote wired would seriously not work.
fabricated backlash
Member
(10-16-2012, 12:15 AM)
fabricated backlash's Avatar

Originally Posted by EloquentM

I can barely get 2 hours at max settings out of my vita >_>

That sounds weird. My buddy gets a solid 5 hours out of her Vita on a single charge, with max settings (wifi model)
Meelow
Banned
(10-16-2012, 12:17 AM)

Originally Posted by fabricated backlash

Yeah the ridiculous idea that the battery in the Pro would last 80 hours on a single charge.
I was pointing out that with Nintendo cutting corners on batteries such a figure is merely a pipe dream. 10 to 20 hours is what you can expect from the PRO.

The PS3 controller last 30 hours, If they did lie about 80 hours than it will be at least 30 hours as well.

Posted on the Wallmart thread, something to note that it says pre ordered consoles will arrive on November 14th.

Originally Posted by GQman2121

I just got back from pre-ordering and have the actual in-store info (including bar code) right here:






And I don't know what people are talking about Layaway fees. They didn't charge me at all.

Last edited by Meelow; 10-16-2012 at 12:24 AM.
BlankaBR
Banned
(10-16-2012, 12:23 AM)

Originally Posted by EloquentM

what deal?

15 $ off pre orders
test_account
XP-39Cē
(10-16-2012, 12:26 AM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by fabricated backlash

They are. The battery life on the 3DS is inacceptable. Had they increased the size just for a few centimeters it could've improved the battery life to acceptable levels.

Would there be enough room in the 3DS to do this? I agree that 80 hours sounds unrealistic based on the other similar controllers though.


Originally Posted by EloquentM

I can barely get 2 hours at max settings out of my vita >_>

Do you fully charge it? The green battery icon gets full maybe after one hour charge, but it takes about 2 hours or so to do a full charge. So even if the battery icon shows it is full, it isnt. Not sure why it is like this, but it is like this on my Nokia phone too.
Last edited by test_account; 10-16-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Sadist
Member
(10-16-2012, 12:27 AM)
Sadist's Avatar
I want the Wii U badly :(
RedSwirl
Junior Member
(10-16-2012, 12:27 AM)
RedSwirl's Avatar
From that screenshots page, strangely, the only screens that got me mildly excited were for NintendoLand and Pikmin 3. I don't know if those were the most graphically impressive games or if it was just me seeing 1st party Nintendo games as I've never seen them before. I don't think I'm gonna be really blown away until I start seeing more 1st party games from the system from a visual standpoint. The only exception is Rayman Legends, the screens to which look like freaking concept art.
partime
Member
(10-16-2012, 12:32 AM)
partime's Avatar

And I don't know what people are talking about Layaway fees. They didn't charge me at all.

Damn dude you going to sell the other one?
...

to me?!!
Resistance100
Member
(10-16-2012, 01:14 AM)
Resistance100's Avatar
Finally caved in and pre-ordered one. Been far to long since i've purchased a home console and need to get my spark back and ZombiU has impressed me.

It does surprise me to here about the selling out stories of pre-orders over in the states given the fact that interest in the UK seems to be very low (as have most consoles/handhelds at launch here in recent times).
GiantEnemyGoomba
Member
(10-16-2012, 01:20 AM)
GiantEnemyGoomba's Avatar

Originally Posted by partime

Damn dude you going to sell the other one?
...

to me?!!

Five Hundred Ninety-Nine dollars
Kyon
Banned
(10-16-2012, 01:21 AM)
Kyon's Avatar
I'm freezing myself until this comes out . I literally can't with the waiting anymore

Oersted
Junior Member
(10-16-2012, 01:53 AM)
Oersted's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyon

I'm freezing myself until this comes out . I literally can't with the waiting anymore

H_Prestige
Banned
(10-16-2012, 02:07 AM)
For some reason I'm really curious to see what the game discs look like.
EloquentM
Banned
(10-16-2012, 02:10 AM)
EloquentM's Avatar

Originally Posted by BlankaBR

15 $ off pre orders

is this still in effect?
BlockheadBrown
Member
(10-16-2012, 02:11 AM)
BlockheadBrown's Avatar

Originally Posted by D-e-f-

read the multiplayer section here:
http://www.giantbomb.com/zombiu/61-35619/

Thanks for this! :)
KillerTravis
Banned
(10-16-2012, 02:43 AM)

Originally Posted by H_Prestige

For some reason I'm really curious to see what the game discs look like.

Probably like discs lol. No but seriously, did anyone noticed how the Wii's game discs used to have the design engraved on them initially but now instead they just use stickers?



Meelow
Banned
(10-16-2012, 02:48 AM)

Originally Posted by H_Prestige

For some reason I'm really curious to see what the game discs look like.

8th Generation disks! Yeah I'm just playing around lol.

CyberConnect2 is open to bringing Naruto to Wii U.

http://nintendoeverything.com/101985...game-on-wii-u/

CyberConnect 2, the developer behind Namco Bandai’s Naruto Shippuden games, is open to making a new title based on the manga/anime series for Wii U.

At a NYCC 2012 panel this weekend, CEO Hiroshi Matsuyama told attendees that the chances of such a project happening would likely be stronger following the release of the console. If there’s enough fan demand, things could be discussed internally. Matsuyama said that “it’s all up to you guys.”

Last edited by Meelow; 10-16-2012 at 02:50 AM.
BY2K
Membero Americo
(10-16-2012, 03:02 AM)
BY2K's Avatar
I'm getting tired of all that enthusiasm I have to g...

Wait, it's Naruto, fuck that.
Mihael Mello Keehl
Member
(10-16-2012, 03:02 AM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar

Originally Posted by KillerTravis

Probably like discs lol. No but seriously, did anyone noticed how the Wii's game discs used to have the design engraved on them initially but now instead they just use stickers?

I was dissapointed by Twilight princess disc. Skyward Sword was beautiful though.

Originally Posted by Meelow

8th Generation disks! Yeah I'm just playing around lol.

CyberConnect2 is open to bringing Naruto to Wii U.

http://nintendoeverything.com/101985...game-on-wii-u/

If people want it. I cant say as I will buy it for my 360 because none of my friends will have a Wii U to play it on.
KojiKnight
Member
(10-16-2012, 03:04 AM)
KojiKnight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meelow

8th Generation disks! Yeah I'm just playing around lol.

CyberConnect2 is open to bringing Naruto to Wii U.

http://nintendoeverything.com/101985...game-on-wii-u/

More interested in the new .hack// they were talking about... but I doubt it would get localized judging by the sales of //gu... that makes me a little sad.
KillerTravis
Banned
(10-16-2012, 03:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

I was dissapointed by Twilight princess disc. Skyward Sword was beautiful though.

It wasn't gold though :(

First Zelda game I own that isn't gold.
ShockingAlberto
Member
(10-16-2012, 03:06 AM)
ShockingAlberto's Avatar
The CC2 Naruto games are great. Truly the best spectacle you can get in a fighting game story mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm2z4QNOeAU

I'd kill a man for a spiritual sequel to Asura's Wrath next gen and I'd say another UNS game for the PS4 is basically assured.
Mihael Mello Keehl
Member
(10-16-2012, 03:08 AM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar

Originally Posted by KillerTravis

It wasn't gold though :(

First Zelda game I own that isn't gold.

The soundtrack was! lol
BY2K
Membero Americo
(10-16-2012, 03:13 AM)
BY2K's Avatar

Originally Posted by KillerTravis

It wasn't gold though :(

First Zelda game I own that isn't gold.

The boxart is mostly gold (and shiny too). Doesn't that count?
ohlawd
Member
(10-16-2012, 03:15 AM)
ohlawd's Avatar

Originally Posted by KojiKnight

More interested in the new .hack// they were talking about... but I doubt it would get localized judging by the sales of //gu... that makes me a little sad.

This guy gets it.
Pharros
Member
(10-16-2012, 03:27 AM)
Pharros's Avatar
Other than NHL, the only other franchise i really want on my Wii U would be Naruto. They are such solid fighting games.

Thread Tools