• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Schobeleth
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:43 AM)
Schobeleth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man

Will be interesting to see how well they are able to translate Smash to the 3DS (and if this in effect influences the Wii-U version).
PlayStation Smash is running @ 60fps on a 5" HD Oled screen and some people find the screen just barely large enough to keep up with the action.
The PS Smash online and netcode is supposedly superb.

It's nice to see people posting relevant stuff about All-Stars. All the hate and ignorant stuff really started getting me down. The game is silky smooth and the net code already annihilates anything I saw in SSBB. Has it even been confirmed if the next SSB will be cross platform compatible between 3DS and Wii U?

Originally Posted by Forever

In other news, I find it endlessly amusing that the other thread has now transformed exclusively into a support group for the butthurt to console each other after that smackdown from The King.

Kamiya is an awesome developer who literally doesn't give a shit about anyone on twitter it seems, but most of us fans of the game are busy playing the beta (and loving it) or having actual discussions about the game in the other threads - not in this one filled with mindless hate.
TheBaronOfNA
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:43 AM)

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

They are not stupid, they know they start this from a low point considering it is indeed a ripoff. I just personally dont think they have the game to back it up. It's like a Move situation. It was a ripoff but people didnt write it off because it was just Sony's version of the Wiimote, they did because it was bad and didnt have the software to support it (no need to say that obviously some people think it does, same way people will think this game is amazing even if it turns out to be plain bad or mediocre for most).

Like Rage

Then we can wait until it comes out before calling it out? Or at least a Demo?
Byakuya769
Santa is Black
Jesus is too
I'll be goddamned
If I buy a WiiU
(08-06-2012, 01:43 AM)
Byakuya769's Avatar

Originally Posted by thepotatoman

Probably for the same reason people are getting heated for him calling PSAS a ripoff.

Yep.
thepotatoman
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:46 AM)
thepotatoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Huff

People get upset because rip off has a negative connotation while inspired by sounds positive/neutral.

And they mean basically the same thing

Sigh, does anyone read anymore. This isn't an issue of symantics. It's an issue of should this game be completely written off because of it and should the creators be ashamed because they "tossed their morals away".

But fine, build that strawman if you want.
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 01:46 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheBaronOfNA

Like Rage

Then we can wait until it comes out before calling it out? Or at least a Demo?

sure, im not saying otherwise, just stating that im not feeling it at all.

not sure about the RAGE comment beyond me liking it very much, what was RAGE ripping off?
B.O.O.M
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:48 AM)
B.O.O.M's Avatar
Isn't he working on that extremely original P100?

Anywho this just reminds of people who say omfg it's a halo ripoff to every sci fi shooter. Quite pathetic considering this is a developer.

At least it gives a good outlet for others who are still butt hurt about this game since the reveal I suppose. Why they are like that in the first place? No idea.
Drencrom
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:48 AM)
Drencrom's Avatar

Originally Posted by thepotatoman

And yet you've found a way see yourself above both sides, despite not contributing anything worthwhile to any discussion. I'm sorry but I am getting sick of these "LOL people are having an arguement on a video game message board" posts. I don't know what you are doing here if you think those things are stupid.

People on both sides have their own views, and message boards like these are made of a exchange of viewpoints. I maybe strong in my opinions for PSAS and against Kamiya in this one instance, but that doesn't mean I can't respect the other side. That's why I choose to argue with them. These type of posts are just disrespectful to everyone with no good reason.

I wish we could have these arguments without a bunch of people coming in and saying both sides are funny/dumb and jumping out of the topic without adding anything of value.

What is there to add to this 'debate'? It's clearly just people 'discussing' if it's a rip off or not with no end in sight. People on both sides already have decided their opinion about the game anyway it seems.
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 01:49 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Isn't he working on that extremely original P100?

yes?

P100 is a pretty damn original game if I may say so myself.
test_account
XP-39Cē
(08-06-2012, 01:50 AM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by thepotatoman

Sigh, does anyone read anymore. This isn't an issue of symantics. It's an issue of should this game be completely written off because of it and should the creators be ashamed because they "tossed their morals away".

But fine, build that strawman if you want.

He is right though. People use "rip off" as something negative. People dont only refer to things that are 100% copies, it can be enough that there are similarities. When "inspired" is used, it is more of a positive/neutral thing. But technically the same action can be referred to as "rip off" or "inspired".
Huff
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:51 AM)
Huff's Avatar

Originally Posted by thepotatoman

Sigh, does anyone read anymore. This isn't an issue of symantics. It's an issue of should this game be completely written off because of it and should the creators be ashamed because they "tossed their morals away".

But fine, build that strawman if you want.

I only write off games depending on if they are good or bad.

Anything is bullshit to me. You should stop caring about the rest
Forever
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:52 AM)
Forever's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Isn't he working on that extremely original P100?

Anywho this just reminds of people who say omfg it's a halo ripoff to every sci fi shooter. Quite pathetic considering this is a developer.

At least it gives a good outlet for others who are still butt hurt about this game since the reveal I suppose. Why they are like that in the first place? No idea.

CambriaRising
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:52 AM)
CambriaRising's Avatar
Oh kamiya, you so funny.

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Isn't he working on that extremely original P100?

The most original game I've seen this year.
VegaNine
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:52 AM)
VegaNine's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jezan

It's a clone!
:P



Originally Posted by EYEL1NER

Goddamn! Kamiya is a fucking stud.

Drago
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:53 AM)
Drago's Avatar

Originally Posted by Forever

Just popping in to say this gif is fantastic
TheBaronOfNA
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:53 AM)

Originally Posted by SalsaShark


not sure about the RAGE comment beyond me liking it very much, what was RAGE ripping off?

The last part "They feel that is or is going to be good but is probably just bad or mediocre" or at least that was how I get it, sorry If get it wrong.

Just wanted to say: Tastes and the actual objective stuff is not going to be clear until release. Many people that played the Beta are saying that is going to be good but we can't say for sure until launch... So why complain or dismiss the other opinions?
Mihael Mello Keehl
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:54 AM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Isn't he working on that extremely original P100?

Anywho this just reminds of people who say omfg it's a halo ripoff to every sci fi shooter. Quite pathetic considering this is a developer.

At least it gives a good outlet for others who are still butt hurt about this game since the reveal I suppose. Why they are like that in the first place? No idea.

Im butt hurt because its a rip off.
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 01:56 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheBaronOfNA

The last part "They feel that is or is going to be good but is probably just bad or mediocre" or at least that was how I get it, sorry If get it wrong.

Just wanted to say: Tastes and the actual objective stuff is not going to be clear until release. Many people that played the Beta are saying that is going to be good but we can't say for sure until launch... So why complain or dismiss the other opinions?

it was a tricky comment to write and get across correctly, just trying to say that somehow I feel like this game will have a strong defense force (no shit :p) no matter the outcome. It's already a dividing game like that. Not necesarelly implying GAF here, and as you say we wont really know until the final release comes out.
prwxv3
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:56 AM)
prwxv3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

Im butt hurt because its a rip off.

No there are people that are butthurt that the game even exists.
CambriaRising
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:57 AM)
CambriaRising's Avatar

Originally Posted by prwxv3

No there are people that are butthurt that the game even exists.

This sums it up nicely.
B.O.O.M
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:57 AM)
B.O.O.M's Avatar
Dissing a game before playing it makes him a tool and an idiot too. Not sure why so many of you even agree with him really. Acting like a douche on twitter makes him cool? that's a rather sad state of affairs.

At least talk to those who have played the beta and you will see how different the game actually is.
Metalmurphy
Banned
(08-06-2012, 01:58 AM)
Metalmurphy's Avatar
Man, guy sounds bitter about something.
Drencrom
Member
(08-06-2012, 01:58 AM)
Drencrom's Avatar
Anyway, people that are inclined it's just a shitty rip off should definitely try the game imo. I was personally skeptical about how PSASBR would play since the annoucement but was gladly surprised when I got my hands on the beta. It may be a 'rip off' but it's a damn good one if so.
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 01:59 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Dissing a game before playing it makes him a tool and an idiot too. Not sure why so many of you even agree with him really. Acting like a douche on twitter makes him cool? that's a rather sad state of affairs.

At least talk to those who have played the beta and you will see how different the game actually is.

you're killing me, GAF

okay i'll play: where exactly is he dissing the game beyond rejecting it from a standpoint of not caring about it because the game is a ripoff since its inception?

in my opinion, it doesnt look good, and that's mostly because it looks too similar to a great, great game that already exists. That affects my opinion of it and im not gonna pretend as if this was a new thing being created right in front of me. If that was the case the reaction would obviously be a lot different, as we know, it's not; so his opinion is valid. Just ignore it if it's not your cup of tea.
Forever
Banned
(08-06-2012, 02:00 AM)
Forever's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Dissing a game before playing it makes him a tool and an idiot too.

How do you feel about P-100 again?
Metalmurphy
Banned
(08-06-2012, 02:01 AM)
Metalmurphy's Avatar

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

okay i'll play: where exactly is he dissing the game beyond rejecting it from a standpoint of not caring about it because the game is a ripoff since its inception?

"i don't like that game"
B.O.O.M
Member
(08-06-2012, 02:02 AM)
B.O.O.M's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

Im butt hurt because its a rip off.

Nope you're (I'm taking your word for it) butt hurt because it's done by sony. Mascot brawlers shouldn't be something extremely rare. As I see it the Nintendo fans who are butt hurt (not all mind you. some have an open enough mind to play the game to see the differences ..or at least read up on it) are butt hurt because it's one of the few unique (comparing first party games across console makers here) games that Nintendo has. That's the sad reality. If anyone else, did this, such reactions won't exist.

Isn't it sad? If you are truly a fan of such games you should welcome additions like these. same genre but different experiences.
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 02:02 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Metalmurphy

"i don't like that game"

so that doesnt fit with what I said in what you quoted?

he never says the game is a piece of shit, even though some people sure are acting as if that was the case
Risette
A Good Citizen
(08-06-2012, 02:03 AM)
Risette's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Nope you're (I'm taking your word for it) butt hurt because it's done by sony. Mascot brawlers shouldn't be something extremely rare. As I see it the Nintendo fans who are butt hurt (not all mind you. some have an open enough mind to play the game to see the differences ..or at least read up on it) are butt hurt because it's one of the few unique (comparing first party games across console makers here) games that Nintendo has. That's the sad reality. If anyone else, did this, such reactions won't exist.

Isn't it sad? If you are truly a fan of such games you should welcome additions like these. same genre but different experiences.

Wow, and I thought this thread was beginning to die down.
Pennywise
Member
(08-06-2012, 02:03 AM)
Pennywise's Avatar

Originally Posted by Metalmurphy

Man, guy sounds bitter about something.

Guess that's the tribut if you answer nearly every tweet even though they're is so much bullshit.
Metalmurphy
Banned
(08-06-2012, 02:03 AM)
Metalmurphy's Avatar

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

so that doesnt fit with what I said?

Not caring and not liking are not the same thing, in fact they are mutually exclusive. If you don't like it it means you care to some degree, enough to form an opinion on ether you like it or not.
Forever
Banned
(08-06-2012, 02:03 AM)
Forever's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Nope you're (I'm taking your word for it) butt hurt because it's done by sony. Mascot brawlers shouldn't be something extremely rare. As I see it the Nintendo fans who are butt hurt (not all mind you. some have an open enough mind to play the game to see the differences ..or at least read up on it) are butt hurt because it's one of the few unique (comparing first party games across console makers here) games that Nintendo has. That's the sad reality. If anyone else, did this, such reactions won't exist.

Isn't it sad? If you are truly a fan of such games you should welcome additions like these. same genre but different experiences.

Oh yes, this thread is alive and kicking.
B.O.O.M
Member
(08-06-2012, 02:04 AM)
B.O.O.M's Avatar

Originally Posted by Forever

How do you feel about P-100 again?

And my comment was a 'diss'? LOL If you honestly don't think P100 borrows any ideas from similar games, at least at a skin deep level, you are talking crazy talk. It's the same situation as PS All stars. Similar genre but different enough so that players can have a different experience.
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 02:04 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Metalmurphy

Not caring and not liking are not the same thing, in fact they are mutually exclusive. If you don't like it it means you care to some degree, enough to form an opinion on ether you like it or not.

I was never talking about wether he cares or not, I said he doesnt like it from the standpoint I mentioned.
TheBaronOfNA
Banned
(08-06-2012, 02:05 AM)

Originally Posted by pizzaroll

Wow, and I thought this thread was beginning to die down.

To be fair Forever is also prone to use Butthurt in a very liberal way.
Forever
Banned
(08-06-2012, 02:05 AM)
Forever's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheBaronOfNA

Forever is also prone to use Butthurt in a very liberal way.

How's the support group going?
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 02:06 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

And my comment was a 'diss'? LOL If you honestly don't think P100 borrows any ideas from similar games, at least at a skin deep level, you are talking crazy talk. It's the same situation as PS All stars. Similar genre but different enough so that players can have a different experience.



c'mon man. Just say it's a ripoff and that it doesnt necesarelly mean it's a bad thing, dont fight the stupid fight.
Boney
Banned
(08-06-2012, 02:06 AM)
Boney's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Isn't he working on that extremely original P100?

please tell me this isn't sarcasm
Drago
Member
(08-06-2012, 02:06 AM)
Drago's Avatar
Everyone in this thread is butthurt

EVERYONE
Huff
Banned
(08-06-2012, 02:07 AM)
Huff's Avatar
People should stop using butthurt unless they are trying to come off as juvenile
Neat Machine
Member
(08-06-2012, 02:08 AM)
Neat Machine's Avatar

Originally Posted by Huff

People should stop using butthurt unless they are trying to come off as juvenile

Honestly, absolutely everything about this thread is juvenile. I'm embarrassed for even biting.
shintoki
sparkle this bitch
(08-06-2012, 02:08 AM)
shintoki's Avatar

Originally Posted by Metalmurphy

"i don't like that game"

I don't like the new Total Recall movie.

Still not seeing it.

Originally Posted by Drago

Everyone in this thread is butthurt

EVERYONE

Developer gives his opinion about a game after being asked what is his opinion. Everyone mad all over the world.
VegaNine
Member
(08-06-2012, 02:08 AM)
VegaNine's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drago

Everyone in this thread is butthurt

EVERYONE

You too?
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(08-06-2012, 02:08 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Huff

People should stop using butthurt unless they are trying to come off as juvenile

I dont know man ive been sitting here looking at this thread for a while, my butt literally hurts. I assume everyone's refering to the same thing
KillerTravis
Banned
(08-06-2012, 02:08 AM)

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

And my comment was a 'diss'? LOL If you honestly don't think P100 borrows any ideas from similar games, at least at a skin deep level, you are talking crazy talk. It's the same situation as PS All stars. Similar genre but different enough so that players can have a different experience.

Dude that's grasping at straws.
zroid
Banned
(08-06-2012, 02:08 AM)

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Isn't he working on that extremely original P100?

What the fuck is happening here
TheBaronOfNA
Banned
(08-06-2012, 02:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Forever

How's the support group going?

Dunno, I don't have a Beta Code. Waiting for the demo before calling it off.
Roto13
Member
(08-06-2012, 02:09 AM)
Roto13's Avatar

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

And my comment was a 'diss'? LOL If you honestly don't think P100 borrows any ideas from similar games, at least at a skin deep level, you are talking crazy talk. It's the same situation as PS All stars. Similar genre but different enough so that players can have a different experience.

... What... what similar games...? If there's a similar game to P-100, I want to play it right now.
Neat Machine
Member
(08-06-2012, 02:10 AM)
Neat Machine's Avatar
Saying something bad about P100 is like talking shit about Killzone 2 in 2008. There are hopes and dreams built upon it.
Darknessbear
Member
(08-06-2012, 02:10 AM)
Darknessbear's Avatar
Threads like these make me sick of the gaming community.

Thread Tools