• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

StarCreator
(06-05-2012, 08:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Incitemaybe

I'm suprised nobody on this last page commented on the huge black spaces that appear.......at first it was periodically and seemingly involved with the posting of pictures withIn threads, now I'm getting the big black space on the Topics pages......perhaps this is because I regularly use the dark theme?

I'm on an iPod touch 4g.

From the last page:

Originally Posted by ckohler

Okay, there are several bugs related to the ads. One is this periodic black space bug on iOS devices. Another, is that ads don't appear at all on Windows Phone 7. A third is that some blackbery browsers draw ads over content.

I wish I had better news here but there is literally NOTHING I can do about the ads. These issues come from the ads and I can't change those. However, there might be something Evilore could look into. Perhaps there is an option to only have image ads appear. Those dynamic text-only ads appear to be the cause of the graphical errors. I think the image only ads are fine. However, for WP7 we might need to offer them a different ad entirely. Perhaps WAP ads or something.

KingOfReading
Banned
(06-06-2012, 05:52 PM)
I love the new mobile page. I was skeptical at first, but now I like it better than the one on my PC. 0_o
kharma45
(06-08-2012, 11:52 AM)
Just a heads up for the mods and ckohler, us guys on WP7 aren't seeing any ads when we visit the mobile site.
Milchjon
(06-08-2012, 11:57 AM)
Love the mobile page so much. Pretty much perfect. Two issues, though:

1. Pleeeeeeease give us the option to sort show results by post. It's pretty much impossible to find specific posts right now. If that's possible.

2. Ads don't seem to show up on WP7. Not that I mind, but maybe Evilore does ;-)

Edit: Haha, too slow.
shira
(06-10-2012, 06:14 PM)
Is it just me or is it impossible to click the middle of [][/] functions.

Can you please add a space or a return to the next line. It is much easier to backspace than to aim on ios.
Baconbitz
Banned
(06-10-2012, 06:26 PM)
Anyone on a iOS device not able to read the first post in the "Best e3 quotes" thread?

Also, I've mentioned this before but please make it so I can delete or move multiple PM's.
StarCreator
(06-10-2012, 08:49 PM)

Originally Posted by shira

Is it just me or is it impossible to click the middle of [][/] functions.

Can you please add a space or a return to the next line. It is much easier to backspace than to aim on ios.

This is purely an iOS issue in my experience and it isn't the mobile site's job to cater to a single platform's shortcomings. If you need to aim within brackets so precisely, hold your finger on the text until you get the magnifying glass to appear, then drag the cursor to where you want.
CrankyJay
(06-10-2012, 10:29 PM)
Any way for the mobile app next to the thread details (number of pages and replies) can we get thread starter and last poster? Would be nice.

Might not fit for phones but on the iPad it would definitely work.
kehs
(06-10-2012, 11:02 PM)

Originally Posted by CrankyJay

Any way for the mobile app next to the thread details (number of pages and replies) can we get thread starter and last poster? Would be nice.

Might not fit for phones but on the iPad it would definitely work.

Look in the settings, there's an option for it currently.
CrankyJay
(06-11-2012, 09:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Copernicus

Look in the settings, there's an option for it currently.

Wow, yes there is. Thank you.
GunslingerVit
(06-11-2012, 10:13 PM)
you guys did a good job with the mobile version. totally worth the upgrade from Net-Jeff to GafGold!
planar1280
Banned
(06-12-2012, 01:50 AM)
Feature request, identify threads where i have posts with a blue line near the right side arrow similar to the green line on threads you started
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(06-12-2012, 08:50 AM)
Sly feature request: Safari full screen mode (iOS6) compatibility.

Edit: this actually works, just landscape.
Last edited by Tunesmith; 06-12-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Ultimadrago
(06-16-2012, 01:08 AM)
Using this right now and gotta say, it's working pretty swell!
Reckless Onion
(06-16-2012, 10:12 AM)
So when i surf to neogaf it goes to the mobile site but when i click gaming discussion it goes to the regular site, what gives?
It used to work great, did nothing to my phone settings.
zbeeb
(06-16-2012, 10:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Razor 81

So when i surf to neogaf it goes to the mobile site but when i click gaming discussion it goes to the regular site, what gives?
It used to work great, did nothing to my phone settings.

That's what happens when your user agent is set to desktop.

If you're using android, have you selected 'request desktop site.' If so, press it again and it should revert back to mobile pages.
Reckless Onion
(06-16-2012, 12:41 PM)

Originally Posted by zbeeb

That's what happens when your user agent is set to desktop.

If you're using android, have you selected 'request desktop site.' If so, press it again and it should revert back to mobile pages.

Holy shit, must of pressed something without knowing it. I'm such a noob when it comes to that stuff, thanks i got it working again. :)
Ashes
(06-16-2012, 08:53 PM)
Any reason why I can't seem to scroll up and down?
Was working fine till about a few moments ago.
On iPad 2. Is there a way I can switch it off?

Edit: nv mind. Working again.
sruckus
(06-21-2012, 12:23 AM)
Forgive me if I'm just missing this - but is there a way to search within a thread using the mobile site?

Is it possible our preferences can be stored server-side somewhere based on account so if I clear devices/log into a new device I don't have to reset everything?

And regarding search options...is there a possibility to be able to return posts for results instead of just threads? Thanks!
ckohler
(06-21-2012, 12:29 AM)

Originally Posted by sruckus

Forgive me if I'm just missing this - but is there a way to search within a thread using the mobile site?

That might be tricky to add but I'll think about it.

Is it possible our preferences can be stored server-side somewhere based on account so if I clear devices/log into a new device I don't have to reset everything?

Sorry, but no. The web app really doesn't know anything about you. Your log in and settings are handled entirely by cookies and that's the only safe way to do it. There really aren't that many settings, anyway.

And regarding search options...is there a possibility to be able to return posts for results instead of just threads? Thanks!

This is the most requested missing feature and I totally intend to make this happen. Earlier versions of the web app could do this so I know it can be done. I just have to make some time to do it.
Shearie
(06-21-2012, 12:34 AM)

Originally Posted by ckohler

This is the most requested missing feature and I totally intend to make this happen. Earlier versions of the web app could do this so I know it can be done. I just have to make some time to do it.

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
Nerfgun
(06-21-2012, 12:40 AM)

On iOS you can use the built in search. At least per page Not sure about the others.
Chopper
(06-21-2012, 01:06 AM)
Any chance of italics being added to the posting formats?

And aligning top menu icons to the middle on an iPad? Looks kinda rough as it is.
joshschw
(06-21-2012, 07:27 AM)
Is there any way to detect if someone is using MetroIE on a Windows 8 device. I realize this could mean one could use the mobile site on a desktop or similar, but if someone wants to full screen the mobile site on their PC....

Full site works okay in landscape on tablet but in portrait it's not readable.

Just a suggestion/thought.
Chittagong
(06-21-2012, 10:49 PM)
I must say, I am surpised at how good mobile GAF is. In my opinion, it's better (simpler, my posts are green, neat search bar nice access to everything). Definitely my GAF of choice now.
Futureman
(06-21-2012, 11:20 PM)
why does there need to be a m.neogaf.com? why can't it just detect if you are using a mobile browser?
Cr0wn0
(06-22-2012, 02:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Futureman

why does there need to be a m.neogaf.com? why can't it just detect if you are using a mobile browser?

It does just that for me.
aaaaa0
(06-22-2012, 04:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Futureman

Because sometimes you're not on a mobile browser, but you want to use the mobile site anyway. Like on a windows tablet.
Shearie
(06-22-2012, 04:42 AM)
I've noticed for awhile now that even when Show Photos is set to off, there are still some photos that still show in the page. Not sure if the same thing happens with gifs.
krypt0nian
Dragona's Dogma
(06-22-2012, 02:42 PM)
iPhone 4

When I try and go to m.neogaf.com, it hits http://m.neogaf.com/cgi-bin/redirect.ha

Then I get a 404 - Not Found
Rodney McKay
(06-24-2012, 09:45 PM)

Originally Posted by krypt0nian

iPhone 4

When I try and go to m.neogaf.com, it hits http://m.neogaf.com/cgi-bin/redirect.ha

Then I get a 404 - Not Found

I'm having similar problems that you're having.

I'm using an Android and I just upgraded it to Gingerbread which I think might be causing the problems. I get a lot of 404 and some 500 errors.
Baconbitz
Banned
(06-25-2012, 02:37 PM)
New things.

• Still having the black space issue.
  • wether it be PM's or a post in a thread if I leave this and go to a new tab or even a new app and then come back it auto refreshes my post/PM.
  • Please allow me to delete more then one PM at a time
Baller, PhD
Banned
(06-26-2012, 04:30 AM)
404 on both iPhone and iPad.
ecurbj
(06-26-2012, 04:29 PM)
I like this mobile view. But I have one suggestion.

Can there or is there a way for us to click a thread and we can see the last post where we last left off looking at when we left that thread?

Like for example. I will post this. My post will be the last post on the page. So when I leave this thread but come back into this thread to see if anyone commented after me. It would automatically revert to my post because that was the last post I viewed before I left the thread.

Sort of like a bookmark feature so that we can be updated on the posts.
Hixx
(06-26-2012, 04:39 PM)

Originally Posted by ecurbj

I like this mobile view. But I have one suggestion.

Can there or is there a way for us to click a thread and we can see the last post where we last left off looking at when we left that thread?

Like for example. I will post this. My post will be the last post on the page. So when I leave this thread but come back into this thread to see if anyone commented after me. It would automatically revert to my post because that was the last post I viewed before I left the thread.

Sort of like a bookmark feature so that we can be updated on the posts.

It's an option in the preferences page, changes clicking on the arrow from last page to last read post.
Utako
Banned
(06-26-2012, 11:06 PM)
Metro Snap should work with m.neogaf.com, but width=device-width is having a tough time. Also, it redirects me to www., which shouldn't happen now that Windows comes on tablets.

I recommend using @-ms-viewport and setting the width to 320px. It would be so awesome to have GAF open while actually gaming. Metro Snap is such an awesome feature.
Steelyuhas
(06-26-2012, 11:25 PM)
For those that use the MetroTwit app on the Windows Desktop, they now have a preview version of their app up in the store for Win8.

Obviously very early in terms of features, but layout and performance of the app is much better than any of the other Twitter apps.
ecurbj
(06-27-2012, 12:07 AM)

Originally Posted by HixxSAFC

It's an option in the preferences page, changes clicking on the arrow from last page to last read post.

Thank you sir. I appreciate it.
Baller, PhD
Banned
(06-27-2012, 04:48 PM)
So wait, the mobile site is still working for some of you? I get 404 errors whenever I try to use it. Have been for the past few days.

What's going on here?
StarCreator
(06-27-2012, 04:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Baller, PhD

So wait, the mobile site is still working for some of you? I get 404 errors whenever I try to use it. Have been for the past few days.

What's going on here?

Are you logged in? Both my devices (Android, iOS) stay logged in and I haven't had issues.
Baller, PhD
Banned
(06-27-2012, 05:25 PM)
Yep logged in, I'm posting this from mi iPad. WTF?
Zeppu
.....wat!?
(06-28-2012, 01:58 PM)

Yep logged in, I'm posting this from mi iPad. WTF?

You don't get auto-redirected to m.neogaf.com?
Baller, PhD
Banned
(06-28-2012, 07:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Zeppu

You don't get auto-redirected to m.neogaf.com?

Not for the last few days, no, and if I manually enter m.neogaf.com in Safari I get 404.

What is going on? It's very frustrating to use the desktop siteon the iPad, and the SecondApp page is no longer available. Can we get an official response to this please?
StarCreator
(06-28-2012, 07:28 PM)

Not for the last few days, no, and if I manually enter m.neogaf.com in Safari I get 404.

What is going on? It's very frustrating to use the desktop siteon the iPad, and the SecondApp page is no longer available. Can we get an official response to this please?

Does this work for you?

Originally Posted by EviLore

Update 3: Mobile browsers will be automatically redirected to m.neogaf.com from neogaf.com. If you would prefer to stick with the desktop site instead (for example on high resolution tablets), you can disable this redirect by clicking on "Disable Mobile Website" on the bottom of the NeoGAF Mobile home page. You can un-disable this via a link that will subsequently show up for you on the bottom of the page on the desktop site.

Baller, PhD
Banned
(06-28-2012, 07:43 PM)

Originally Posted by StarCreator

Does this work for you?

Mother of God...

Yes, that worked. Thanks.
Costcosaurus
Banned
(06-28-2012, 08:16 PM)
How come the desktop version doesn't have a button for quickly bringing you to the bottom of the page, but the mobile version does? It would be nice if it was implemented in the desktop version as well.
StarCreator
(06-28-2012, 08:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Costcosaurus

How come the desktop version doesn't have a button for quickly bringing you to the bottom of the page, but the mobile version does? It would be nice if it was implemented in the desktop version as well.

Doesn't the End button on your keyboard count?
Costcosaurus
Banned
(06-28-2012, 08:40 PM)

Originally Posted by StarCreator

Doesn't the End button on your keyboard count?

Thanks for the shortcut tip!
Link
The Autumn Wind
(06-28-2012, 09:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Costcosaurus

Thanks for the shortcut tip!

Also, the Home button will bring you back to the top of the page. Might as well throw that out there too.
lazybones18
(06-28-2012, 10:25 PM)
For some odd reason, I can't log in on the mobile version when using the Vita, but can log in when using the 3DS.