• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Jdez15
Banned
(12-18-2011, 06:06 AM)
Jdez15's Avatar
I just picked up amnesia, I love it.
Turfster
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:07 AM)
Turfster's Avatar
Just redid the beat hazard one.
Conclusion: MUCH EASIER without shitty rap rapage of "christmas songs" like earlier.
Edit: And then the nsync started and I started dying again lol
Edit2: When the internet radio cuts out, I lose ALL my power and can't kill anything anymore. Die, and I just see enemies floating in darkness. What?

Also, what, there's a spacechem one? (not on the steamtreasurehunt wikia page yet?)
TGMIII
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:07 AM)
TGMIII's Avatar
So far I've done:

AudioSurf
BIT.TRIP BEAT
Counter-Strike: Source
Day of Defeat: Source
Jamestown
Orcs Must Die!
Super Meat Boy
Team Fortress 2

I'm looking for someone to do the Swords & Soliders achievement with someone since no one plays this online.
SmithnCo
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:10 AM)
SmithnCo's Avatar
I regret leaving my NES style 360 controller behind for Christmas break, the second SMB achievement would be near impossible for me without it.

Ahwell, there's a ton more to get, really curious as to what the reward will be for these.
BioHazard
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:14 AM)
BioHazard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mimir

Men of War: Assault Squad just got a holiday achievement.
Crazy Scientist from the northern Arctic Cycle - Complete the bonus mission!

yes! I loved the Summer BBQ one. I love it when developers make genuinely fun achievements
Baha
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:15 AM)
Baha's Avatar
My list so far (at least 1 achievement for those that have multiple):

E.Y.E
Red Orchestra 2
Left 4 Dead 2
TF2
CS: S
DoD: S
Jamestown
Greed Corp
Super Meat Boy
Beat Hazard
AudioSurf
Bastion
Sequence
Spiral Knights
DEFCON
Poker Night at the Inventory
Psychonauts
Toki Tori
Trine
Frozen Synapse
Defense Grid
Bit.Trip.Beat
Rock of Ages
Sanctum
HOARD
Orcs Must Die
cicero
by the sweat of thy brow
shalt thou eat bread
and you will be happy
(12-18-2011, 06:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Mimir

My list so far:

Anomaly Warzone Earth
Audiosurf
Bastion
BIT.TRIP BEAT
Counter-Strike: Source
Day of Defeat: Source
DEFCON
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Dungeons of Dredmor
EDGE
Frozen Synapse
HOARD
Jamestown
Killing Floor
Magicka
Men of War: Assault Squad
Orcs Must Die!
The Polynomial
Revenge of the Titans
Rock of Ages
Sanctum
Sequence
Super Meat Boy (Only The Kids Xmas!)
Team Fortress 2
Toki Tori
Trine
Universe Sandbox
Worms Reloaded

I could easily get the SpaceChem one if the game didn't crash as soon as I click play.

Not seeing Dungeons of Dredmor on the list.

http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/w...ter_Objectives
Dmax3901
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:25 AM)
Dmax3901's Avatar
How do I get onto a christmas radio station?
DrPirate
Banned
(12-18-2011, 06:27 AM)
Well, I'm done! I'm off to see family and then off to Vegas. No more PC gaming from me. It was alot of fun though!

God I hope these are tradeable like the tickets were...... It would make my Christmas! :D

Dmax: Go to survival: Internet radio: The first 2 options are christmas radio stations
KarmaCow
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Dmax3901

How do I get onto a christmas radio station?

It should be under internet radio. There were two Christmas stations when I tried it.
Mimir
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:35 AM)
Mimir's Avatar

Originally Posted by cicero

Not seeing Dungeons of Dredmor on the list.

http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/w...ter_Objectives

I believe the Diggle Nog achievement is one of the Winter achievements, but I could be wrong.
Baha
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:36 AM)
Baha's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mimir

I believe the Diggle Nog achievement is one of the Winter achievements, but I could be wrong.

How do you do that one btw?
Cels
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:37 AM)
Cels's Avatar
http://steampowered.com/steamworks/thebigpicture.php

Is that new, or have I just been blind?
ChoklitReign
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:38 AM)
ChoklitReign's Avatar
I want to get the Bit Trip Runner "Amnesia" achievement and can't get to the spider. I am getting better but I don't want to finish a bonus stage.
UnluckyKate
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:39 AM)
UnluckyKate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cels

http://steampowered.com/steamworks/thebigpicture.php

Is that new, or have I just been blind?

it as been announced at the same time HL2 got released. Of course it was VALVE time
Mimir
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:39 AM)
Mimir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Baha

How do you do that one btw?

The developer said you have to craft it with the porta-still, but I got the achievement when I stole the diggle nog from a vending machine.
Turfster
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:40 AM)
Turfster's Avatar
How to cheese the Beat Hazard achievements in a few easy steps:
1. Start playing survival, get to 5 minutes.
2. Internet radio cuts out. Blessed silence. No more nsync. You don't respawn. "Huh", you think. "I wonder..."
3. 5 minutes later. My that's a lot of ships. And hey, there's only one boss ship.
4. 10 minutes later.Yawn.
5. 15 minutes later, you're done. The same boss ship stayed on screen the entire time without getting any buddies.
The Technomancer
card-carrying scientician
(12-18-2011, 06:42 AM)
The Technomancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by MRORANGE

why did no one tell me Swords and Soldiers is amazing? just played a few games in MP and it's a very quirky 2D RTS game, anyway got the achievement in the online game, had to take a few rounds before I got it, but when I did I won that match to boot :D to bad not many people are playing :|

GO AZTECS!!!

Because no-one knows about it! But amazing it is.
BobJustBob
LOL WTF I'm so drunk
(12-18-2011, 06:43 AM)
BobJustBob's Avatar
I got the Atom Zombie Smasher one after some help from the Steam forums, which I will put behind spoiler tags for no particular reason. A good tip was to not do too well on the early waves, because every civilian left alive is another zombie you'll have to kill later when you will already have too many zombies to kill. Let most of the people die early; as long as a single one is left alive, you don't lose. An even better tip was that the game speed modifiers from the main game work in this mode. Use the space bar or plus and minus to reduce the speed as low as ten percent and it becomes a cakewalk. And if the achievement doesn't pop up, start a new campaign, go into the first area, and concede. Like DrPirate said, that should do the trick.

It occurs to me that all this achievement talk should be in a dedicated sale discussion thread somewhere.
HP_Wuvcraft
Banned
(12-18-2011, 06:48 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar
I love the Holiday Whompa design.

Sequence acheeved!
Dmax3901
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:49 AM)
Dmax3901's Avatar

Originally Posted by KarmaCow

It should be under internet radio. There were two Christmas stations when I tried it.

Oh god. That was the worst achievement ever. Such nauseating music.

EDIT: THERE'S THREE ACHIEVEMENTS!!? OH CHRIST NO!
Turfster
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:54 AM)
Turfster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dmax3901

Oh god. That was the worst achievement ever. Such nauseating music.

EDIT: THERE'S THREE ACHIEVEMENTS!!? OH CHRIST NO!

4! 5/10/15/20 minutes (see my 'cheesed it' post)
UnluckyKate
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:55 AM)
UnluckyKate's Avatar


what game is this ? It is from Valve's Source Engine webpage but I can't identify it...

Edit : oh, is it CSS ?
Semblance
shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
(12-18-2011, 06:56 AM)
Semblance's Avatar
Counter-Strike: Source.
TGMIII
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:56 AM)
TGMIII's Avatar
It's CS:Source.

Also I fucking hate toki tori.
Baha
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:56 AM)
Baha's Avatar

Originally Posted by UnluckyKate



what game is this ? It is from Valve's Source Engine webpage but I can't identify it...

Counter Strike Source, that map is de_train.
Oreoleo
Member
(12-18-2011, 06:56 AM)
Oreoleo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dmax3901

Oh god. That was the worst achievement ever. Such nauseating music.

EDIT: THERE'S THREE ACHIEVEMENTS!!? OH CHRIST NO!

Four!

beaten :(
CrookedRain
Member
(12-18-2011, 07:00 AM)
CrookedRain's Avatar

Originally Posted by Turfster

In other news, I really wish Valve would fix Steam's LIES.
I figured I'd reinstall team fortress 2 (with the 'TF2 beta' still in my library), so it said "4517mb required", which I still had. Then it started crashing and complaining I needed more space. Turned out I needed 10.6 gigs to install it, or over twice as much as they claimed. -_-

The 'normal' TF2 link lies less (6-ish gigs), but it's still a sizeable difference.

Noticed the same thing with various games with mandatory DLC file downloads, where they don't get counted to the install total.

Some of the Source engine games share files.
Turfster
Member
(12-18-2011, 07:01 AM)
Turfster's Avatar

Originally Posted by CrookedRain

Some of the Source engine games share files.

Yeah, I know. It happens for non-valve games too tho.
Also, I had the 'required' amount of space free, and it wasn't enough to 'run' the game (that was the message I got halfway through the prepping of the files dialog)
HP_Wuvcraft
Banned
(12-18-2011, 07:04 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar

Originally Posted by Baha

Counter Strike Source, that map is de_train.

De Train, boss! De Train!
Dmax3901
Member
(12-18-2011, 07:09 AM)
Dmax3901's Avatar

Originally Posted by Turfster

4! 5/10/15/20 minutes (see my 'cheesed it' post)

I meant three more, but yeah. So was it a glitch that the radio cut out or what?
jediyoshi
Member
(12-18-2011, 07:12 AM)
jediyoshi's Avatar
Heads up on the sanctum achivement, wait till santa is directly over the arena before shooting, otherwise the presents can get stuck

Turfster
Member
(12-18-2011, 07:13 AM)
Turfster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dmax3901

I meant three more, but yeah. So was it a glitch that the radio cut out or what?

I dunno what exactly happened, but the 'music' suddenly cut off and I lost all my firing power (as you do when there's a quiet bit in a song). After I died, the game just continued in silence, the ships converging on the space my ship would have been in if I'd respawned, which I hadn't for some reason.
I see it as the universe rewarding me for enduring 3 minutes of nsync myself ;)
Vamphuntr
Member
(12-18-2011, 07:14 AM)
Vamphuntr's Avatar
Can we expect big games to get christmas achievements too (outside of the Valve games?)? I pretty much got most of them on the games I own and I have to say most of the rest seem to be on Indie games that I really don't think are worth a purchase outside of indies bundle. I have to add that even some I had already bought turned out to be pretty dreadful.
Volcynika
Member
(12-18-2011, 07:15 AM)
Volcynika's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vamphuntr

Can we expect big games to get christmas achievements too (outside of the Valve games?)? I pretty much got most of them on the games I own and I have to say most of the rest seem to be on Indie games that I really don't think are worth a purchase outside of indies bundle. I have to add that even some I had already bought turned out to be pretty dreadful.

Probably not. The bigger publishers/devs probably wouldn't have time/want to participate in it. There are some bigger budget games like Shogun 2 and such, but you won't see many. And I find a lot of the indie games cool, though the bundles seems to have soured some people on buying them individually.
Blizzard
Banned
(12-18-2011, 07:26 AM)
Blizzard's Avatar
Ick, Steam crashed when I tried to exit it with a Windows-detected error, so apparently Windows 7 decided to put it in permanent compatiblity mode and so Steam warned me about it when I started it again.

If you cancel the dialog box the warning seems to go away, but I'm nervous about running that way longterm. I seem to recall that the only way to fix it is dig through regedit and find the Steam.exe setting, since the actual shortcut setting isn't set up for compatibility mode. :(
Relax.MX
Member
(12-18-2011, 07:28 AM)
Relax.MX's Avatar

Originally Posted by The_Technomancer

Because no-one knows about it! But amazing it is.

Or maybe because the online sucks(technically) i have the game since launch and was disappointing
Vamphuntr
Member
(12-18-2011, 07:29 AM)
Vamphuntr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Volcynika

Probably not. The bigger publishers/devs probably wouldn't have time/want to participate in it. There are some bigger budget games like Shogun 2 and such, but you won't see many. And I find a lot of the indie games cool, though the bundles seems to have soured some people on buying them individually.

Yeah that's what I thought :(. Just to be clear, I'm not saying all of the indie games are horrible. Far from that, but if I might clarify I would say that I'm happy I didn't pay the full price they usually retail for on steam for some of them. I particularly enjoyed Sanctum and Cave Story+ and I think Sequence is a great little title but I can't say the same for the other games on my list.

Oh and I absolutely hate Killing Floor (this might not be as indie as the other titles though)!

It's just too bad that Bethesda can't add a special Christmas area or at least a special enemy to Skyrim/Fallout games.

I mean when you are in the top steam games you could at least make an effort to reward/entertain your customers during special events.

At least Valve are great as usual and they are making an effort to add some of these to their big games. Hopefully we get something for Portal 2 too.

Originally Posted by Jediyoshi

Heads up on the sanctum achivement, wait till santa is directly over the arena before shooting, otherwise the presents can get stuck

Yeah in my case they fell on top of a gatling gun and I had to sell it for the presents to drop on the ground. At least you don't need to get all of them during the same game and enemies wil randomly drop presents too (those with a christmas hat).
jaundicejuice
Member
(12-18-2011, 07:33 AM)
jaundicejuice's Avatar
The smaller independent studios and teams have a vested interest in trying to engage new customers through a promotional event like this, bigger companies with established ips don't.

Edit: And to be perfectly honest, I'm glad I only have to download and install small, indie games. There's no way I'm reinstalling something like Red Orchestra 2 just for a event like this.
BioHazard
Member
(12-18-2011, 07:35 AM)
BioHazard's Avatar
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Christmas In Cairo
Decorate the Christmas tree.

Me likey

and

Universe Sandbox
Snowball Earth
Freeze the Earth by moving it further from the Sun

Should be quick and fun, the opposite of the summer achieve haha
parasight
Member
(12-18-2011, 07:39 AM)
parasight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dmax3901

Oh god. That was the worst achievement ever. Such nauseating music.

EDIT: THERE'S THREE ACHIEVEMENTS!!? OH CHRIST NO!

Haha, I enjoyed it. I haven't listened to Christmas music at all this year so it really set the mood. Christmas is coming.

Got:
Team Fortress 2
Sequence
Audiosurf
Beat Hazard

Still have a bunch of games to go through.
Tempy
don't ask me for codes
(12-18-2011, 07:42 AM)
Tempy's Avatar
Did a few achievements tonight.

* Frozen Synapse - Cheat easy - skirmish map with just 1 machinegunner and 0 enemies. Submit turn - win.
* L4D2 - Easy, though gifts don't seem to spawn except on the first map of a campaign.
* Counter-Strike:Source - Local game against bots - easy.
* Team Fortress 2 - Played properly a bit as a demoman; for the last gift I went around as a Spy waiting for drops.
* Toki Tori - Used a guide and it was still a pain since the achievement requires speed and the controls don't really facilitate that.
* Sequence - Easy, but I found out that I don't like the story or the characters.
* Jamestown - Pretty good game with very nice music. Tried playing with a mouse at first, but quickly switched over to keyboard.
* Audiosurf - Really easy. Got it on Pointman Pro while playing "Magia (Magic Mix)" by Kalafina (relevant to my avatar).
* Super Meat Boy - Got it using the jumping off the screen trick, but it was still damn hard.


Tried Hitogata Happa, but I'm probably doing something wrong as I can't seem to beat the first boss, let alone collect 10k candy gems.
No idea what to do in Gundemonium Recollection for the achievement.
Tried Poker Night for a bit until I realized this was gonna take a while.
Tried Red Orchestra 2 but it didn't seem to register.
Volcynika
Member
(12-18-2011, 08:02 AM)
Volcynika's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tempy

Did a few achievements tonight.

* Frozen Synapse - Cheat easy - skirmish map with just 1 machinegunner and 0 enemies. Submit turn - win.
* L4D2 - Easy, though gifts don't seem to spawn except on the first map of a campaign.
* Counter-Strike:Source - Local game against bots - easy.
* Team Fortress 2 - Played properly a bit as a demoman; for the last gift I went around as a Spy waiting for drops.
* Toki Tori - Used a guide and it was still a pain since the achievement requires speed and the controls don't really facilitate that.
* Sequence - Easy, but I found out that I don't like the story or the characters.
* Jamestown - Pretty good game with very nice music. Tried playing with a mouse at first, but quickly switched over to keyboard.
* Audiosurf - Really easy. Got it on Pointman Pro while playing "Magia (Magic Mix)" by Kalafina (relevant to my avatar).
* Super Meat Boy - Got it using the jumping off the screen trick, but it was still damn hard.


Tried Hitogata Happa, but I'm probably doing something wrong as I can't seem to beat the first boss, let alone collect 10k candy gems.
No idea what to do in Gundemonium Recollection for the achievement.
Tried Poker Night for a bit until I realized this was gonna take a while.
Tried Red Orchestra 2 but it didn't seem to register.

Hitoga Happa - When you have a bomb icon above your head (appears and blinks) after filling up a bar on the boss (you must dodge the attacks obviously) , hit your special attack button (bullets should be slow and orange) and suicide bomb the boss. Repeat that to win (you have a lot of dolls). Should be able to get the achievement in the second level.

Haven't been able to figure out what to do for Gundemonium Recollection, but I think you have to at least make it to 3B for GundeadliGne.
Semblance
shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
(12-18-2011, 08:06 AM)
Semblance's Avatar
@ the Sanctum Christmas level music. Turned off with the quickness.

I still really like this game. I'm not too into tower defense, but setting everything up and shooting everyone down is weirdly addictive. Nice sci-fi aesthetic, too.
Sinatar
Official GAF Bottom Feeder
(12-18-2011, 08:08 AM)
Sinatar's Avatar
The killing floor achievement is pretty easy, took about 15 minutes of just regular play.

The hard reset achievement doesn't seem to work in survival mode unfortunately.
Turfster
Member
(12-18-2011, 08:39 AM)
Turfster's Avatar
TF2: Playing against bots in training mode drops gifts, but they don't count. Damn you valve, damn you for leading me on! (I figured it was the same bug as in l4d2, that the stuff you pick up doesn't get counted on the 0/3 bar)
mannerbot
Member
(12-18-2011, 08:43 AM)
mannerbot's Avatar

Originally Posted by Turfster

TF2: Playing against bots in training mode drops gifts, but they don't count. Damn you valve, damn you for leading me on! (I figured it was the same bug as in l4d2, that the stuff you pick up doesn't get counted on the 0/3 bar)

You can just create a local server and keep using the console command kill, that's how I got it.
KScorp
Member
(12-18-2011, 09:09 AM)
KScorp's Avatar

Originally Posted by Turfster

TF2: Playing against bots in training mode drops gifts, but they don't count. Damn you valve, damn you for leading me on! (I figured it was the same bug as in l4d2, that the stuff you pick up doesn't get counted on the 0/3 bar)

Creating a local server and playing with bots offline might be two different things. You probably have to play online in some sort of server (even if it is local and does not get registered in the global list).
Relax.MX
Member
(12-18-2011, 09:10 AM)
Relax.MX's Avatar
But but but is Team Fuckin Fortress 2...is fun and and and hats....play a pyro match like a kamikaze and you get it
Turfster
Member
(12-18-2011, 09:16 AM)
Turfster's Avatar
It's 9 am, I've now spent 12 hours getting christmas chievos CONTINUOUSLY. It needed to be done quickly =p

Got:
4/4 Beat Hazard (cheese)
1/2 Bit.trip Beat
1/3 Bit.trip Runner
1/1 Defcon
1/1 Frozen Synapse (cheese)
1/1 Jamestown
1/1 Left 4 Dead 2
1/1 Sanctum
1/1 Sequence
1/2 Super Meat Boy (cheese)
1/1 Team Fortress 2 (cheese)
1/1 Trine

And maybe:
1/1 Spacechem (Polar Expedition seems new)

Total: 15 (or 16)
Not a bad haul. Apart from the 'AHAHAHAHA...no' ones that I didn't do for these games, all the others I have are for games that haven't activated their achievements yet.

Thread Tools