• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

mugurumakensei
(10-05-2017, 05:49 AM)

Originally Posted by NotTheGuyYouKill

I know, I was just being facetious, haha

I loved Chilling Adventures, it's just a shame the release schedule was sooooooooo shitty.

Was? Still is. Probably will continue to be.
RecRoulette
(10-05-2017, 05:56 AM)

Originally Posted by mugurumakensei

Was? Still is. Probably will continue to be.

Yeah...the only downside of Riverdale being a success.
Rumblebones
Banned
(10-05-2017, 05:57 AM)
I'm so excited to have this back.
Pachimari
(10-05-2017, 11:31 AM)

Originally Posted by ZeroX03

Yes, like every 22 episode show you can expect a big break from the start of Dec to the end of Jan. Also most of April. And a few other random breaks

Yeah, it just sounded like we were in for an even bigger break, like Oct-March phew.

Originally Posted by Gin-Shiio

CW is notorious for it. With Crazy-Ex, they showed the first episode of the new season and then went on a month long break right after.

Lol wow.
BewareTheBatsie
(10-05-2017, 12:00 PM)
Team Betty but Veronica is a close second.
Pluto
(10-05-2017, 12:07 PM)
Team Kevin. :)
WadiumArcadium
(10-05-2017, 12:20 PM)
Really enjoyed Season 1. Dark Jughead incoming. Bughead is doomed.
Dandy Lyin
(10-05-2017, 12:23 PM)

Yes, like every 22 episode show you can expect a big break from the start of Dec to the end of Jan. Also most of April. And a few other random breaks

I didn't realize they were making 22 episodes this season... Not sure that's a good thing.

I'm really excited for Sabrina. I ordered this first(and only) trade this morning.
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(10-05-2017, 12:31 PM)

Originally Posted by BewareTheBatsie

Team Betty but Veronica is a close second.

i hope she literally & figuratively lets her hair down this season

Dead Prince
Banned
(10-05-2017, 04:00 PM)
hopefully the premiere is a halloween episode. or at least episode 2
Freddy=Legend
(10-05-2017, 04:03 PM)

Originally Posted by jon bones

yoo wife & i cant wait

Okay, I really need to catch up on this show. Especially before Sabrina drops.
caliph95
(10-05-2017, 04:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Freddy=Legend

Okay, I really need to catch up on this show. Especially before Sabrina drops.

Riverdale brings the most thirsty of gaffers I swear
Tall4Life
(10-05-2017, 04:12 PM)
Is there a CW app or something I can login with using my cable username/password to watch live? Or some other way?
cj_iwakura
(10-05-2017, 04:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Tall4Life

Is there a CW app or something I can login with using my cable username/password to watch live? Or some other way?

Link in the OP. It's on their site for free.
Dead Prince
Banned
(10-05-2017, 05:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Tall4Life

no live. they post new episode the following day.
Not
Banned
(10-06-2017, 01:04 AM)

Originally Posted by caliph95

Riverdale brings the most thirsty of gaffers I swear

Attractive humans are attractive
Van
(10-06-2017, 01:22 AM)
Wait when is episode one? October 11th right?
Dead Prince
Banned
(10-06-2017, 06:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Van

Wait when is episode one? October 11th right?

its literally on the banner in the OT lol
Pachimari
(10-06-2017, 04:57 PM)
We got our first photo of Toni Topaz played by Vanessa Morgan:

Toni has unfortunately gotten a lot of death threats from "Bughead" fans. Which has made Lili Reinhart address those threats:

"It's so weird," Reinhart said. "Frankly, it just is disturbing to me that people would even send these negative messages to Vanessa. I understand that people are super invested in our show, and in this world, and in these characters, but there needs to be a realization that Vanessa is not actually Toni Topaz. I am not actually Betty Cooper. Cole is not actually Jughead."

Lili had a case herself recently and wants fans to respect them as actors:

"That's kind of something that goes along with an experience I had just recently with a fan really invading my personal space, and kind of running up to me, and me having to speak out and defend myself for not welcoming that sort of physical intrusion on my space," Reinhart said. "People are kind of blurring the lines between real people and the characters that we play, and it's important to remember that this is a show, and that these are parts that we play, and these are sets that we're on."

"So, you cannot keep sending that negative attitude and energy toward an actor," she said. "She's only playing a part. And, again, it's flattering that people are so invested in this relationship between Betty and Jughead. It's just completely uncalled for, and inappropriate, to have anyone actually sending death threats to a character that may or may not come between Betty and Jughead. There's a difference between the real world and television, and the line is being blurred a little bit."

Dead Prince
Banned
(10-06-2017, 05:06 PM)
there's still crazies in 2017.
VeeP
(10-06-2017, 05:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Pachimari

We got our first photo of Toni Topaz played by Vanessa Morgan:

Toni has unfortunately gotten a lot of death threats from "Bughead" fans. Which has made Lili Reinhart address those threats:

Lili had a case herself recently and wants fans to respect them as actors:

Man I’m actually a fan of Vanessa morgan too lol. I’m glad she’s in the show. Shippers honestly need to stfu and watch the show. Sending death threats and shit is creepy as fuck.
JetBlackPanda
(10-06-2017, 05:13 PM)
THIS SHOW! its me and wife's obsession. Bring on Season 2

team Betty.
Delaney
(10-06-2017, 05:18 PM)
I hope they fix some of the problems I had with season 1 (Cheryl being insufferable and annoying, and everyone still caring and checking for her) and double down on Dark Betty.

Literally can't wait until the season begins, I think I've been more excited for this than for GoT lol
RedSparrows
(10-06-2017, 05:25 PM)
Betty and Veronica boooooooooooooom.

Shamlessly watch this for hawtness, all genders, all colours. Murder mystery helps.

Canteen gif creepy af.
Dead Prince
Banned
(10-06-2017, 05:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Delaney

I hope they fix some of the problems I had with season 1 (Cheryl being insufferable and annoying, and everyone still caring and checking for her) and double down on Dark Betty.

Literally can't wait until the season begins, I think I've been more excited for this than for GoT lol

no way. schizo cheryl all the way.
RedSparrows
(10-06-2017, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by jon bones

BewareTheBatsie
(10-06-2017, 05:52 PM)
I hope they keep the momentum train going for Archie since he got great in season 1's finale.
BTA
(10-06-2017, 11:34 PM)
Really looking forward to it; season 1 was a lot of fun. I'm not sure how anyone can see Betty and Jughead lasting long term since that would kill the whole Betty vs Veronica thing. Shipping's fine but don't get angry at the actors over it.

I don't know how much I'll be in this thread though. You do you but thirsty gifs, especially of high school aged characters, is already too creepy for me.
Pachimari
(10-06-2017, 11:36 PM)
I don't expect Jughead and Betty to last more than three episodes.
GhostWriter24
(10-07-2017, 08:47 AM)
Oh hey, gang.
Dead Prince
Banned
(10-07-2017, 08:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Pachimari

I don't expect Jughead and Betty to last more than three episodes.

I give it two.
Not
Banned
(10-07-2017, 09:00 AM)
Who is threatening death over a TV show

For god's sake, make something of your life
ZeroX03
(10-07-2017, 09:04 AM)

Originally Posted by GhostWriter24

Oh hey, gang.

Hey Cole!
Costanza-san
Banned
(10-07-2017, 09:05 AM)
My girlfriend will forever make fun of me for loving this show but I don't care. Can't wait!
GhostWriter24
(10-07-2017, 09:52 AM)
Riverdale Episode 211: "Nighthawks" preview photos:

Razmos
(10-07-2017, 01:05 PM)

Originally Posted by vinnygambini

Yassssssssss, can't wait!

This is relevant to my interests
Dandy Lyin
(10-07-2017, 01:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Not

Who is threatening death over a TV show

For god's sake, make something of your life

Shippers aka the worst people on the internet.
obin_gam
(10-07-2017, 01:18 PM)
So how authentic is the "Sabrina in Riverdale" story? Does it have legitimate ground to stand on or is it just fan wishes?
ZeroX03
(10-07-2017, 01:52 PM)

Originally Posted by obin_gam

So how authentic is the "Sabrina in Riverdale" story? Does it have legitimate ground to stand on or is it just fan wishes?

What are you on about? It's confirmed to be happening as a spin off if that's what you're getting at.
Bubble
(10-07-2017, 02:17 PM)
Such a fun show and am so looking forward to S2.
obin_gam
(10-07-2017, 02:18 PM)

What are you on about? It's confirmed to be happening as a spin off if that's what you're getting at.

Like a real spinoff of riverdale or just a show based on a comic book produced by cw?
Grizzlyjin
Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
(10-07-2017, 02:23 PM)

Pick up The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, ASAP. It's really good. Presumably that would be the basis for the spin-off.

As for authenticity, if I remember correctly it spun out of this alternate Archie story they were doing called Afterlife with Archie. It was basically Night of the Living Dead/Walking Dead with the Riverdale crew. That series is good too, but they did a solo issue about a darker take on Sabrina and eventually that spun off into its own series.
Fuu
Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
(10-07-2017, 02:30 PM)

Like a real spinoff of riverdale or just a show based on a comic book produced by cw?

For now it’s not confirmed if there will be any cameos or connections, but the Sabrina pilot is being produced by the same team that makes Riverfale and they’re more than aware of fan demand. I’d say it’s a lock, they just need to find the right time and tone in order for it to work. They’re definitely interested in making this some type of “universe” imo, especially due to the promotional possibilities.
Galang
Banned
(10-07-2017, 03:33 PM)
Season 2 already?! I wish more series were this quick lol
Joni
(10-07-2017, 09:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Galang

Just about any show on network television ends in May and starts in September/October.
Ghost_Messiah
(10-07-2017, 10:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Galang

Originally Posted by Joni

Just about any show on network television ends in May and starts in September/October.

Feels like they produced the second season in record time. I get that most shows follow this schedule but it feels like only five minutes ago I was watching season 1's finale.

Lovely surprise to see this returning so soon. Season 1 was so much better than it had any right to be. Also #TeamBetty.
VeeP
(10-07-2017, 10:48 PM)

Dude who wrote Chilling Adventures and Afterlife with Archie is the showrunner on Riverdale & will probably be a show runner on Sabrina also.

If it's anything like other CW shows, we'll have a "backdoor" pilot for Sabrina within Riverdale, if it has a good reception we'll see the show.

Thats how Flash happened, the Originals, and how the canceled Supernatural Spinoff tried to take off.
dead souls
(10-07-2017, 10:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Joni

ITT people discover how broadcast television works.
Prototype Viktor
(10-07-2017, 10:57 PM)
you wrong for putting Betty and Jughead together like that in the OP intro