• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

aceface
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:47 PM)
aceface's Avatar

Originally Posted by Redx508

ok 9pm it is.

let me fix it

YAAAY thank you red

We're gonna wipe to all the things. I'm not sure we can count on the last boss to kill himself this time around.
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:10 PM)
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret's Avatar
I like that Shinryu dog.
Valonquar
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:11 PM)
Valonquar's Avatar
Got around to watching an episode of GARO, since they keep bringing up the guest director guy for the Ivalice dungeon...wow. W T F.

(Edit) The live action one. Maybe the anime is betterer.
Squishy3
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:31 PM)
Squishy3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Valonquar

Got around to watching an episode of GARO, since they keep bringing up the guest director guy for the Ivalice dungeon...wow. W T F.

the live action or the anime? the live action is probably hard to get into for someone that's never watched that kind of stuff before (and i also think it's not a very good version of that kind of show) but the anime is a rad dark medieval fantasy affair and works really well especially if you like the berserk aesthetic
VanillaCakeIsBurning
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:08 PM)
VanillaCakeIsBurning's Avatar
Oh wow, they actually added Vercure to PvP Red Mage.

I was wondering why that was missing and figured it would be great if they could replace Monomachy with it or something.
VanillaCakeIsBurning
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:10 PM)
VanillaCakeIsBurning's Avatar

Originally Posted by aceface

What, they adjusted tab targeting. Megaton...I think

The new option sounds good.

Target Type

Type 1 (standard)
Targets enemy closest to the player without considering depth in terms of the camera position.
Type 2 (new)
Targets enemies based on a cone shape originating from the position of the camera.

SynthFetish
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:13 PM)
SynthFetish's Avatar
Iím starting to level DRK, first time tanking. There seems to be debate about what materia should be used. STR, TEN, DH? Please help...
Zomba13
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:15 PM)
Zomba13's Avatar
ALL GONE



Cloud Mount taken

Quote for NA Eastern Journey Attire and Eastern Journey Battle Staff (Lancer/Dragoon Arm) codes.

Giving away the ones I got when the promotion was on before I knew they wouldn't work with an EU account. First come first serve. Post when you've redeemed them (via MogStation).

Originally Posted by kaze343

just giving you a heads up, the other codes are used too. dont know who but they were used yesterday.

Thank you.
Lonestar
I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
(10-06-2017, 10:38 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Redx508

[IMG]htps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/157617110477045760/365928924611608576/bt1.png[/IMG]
i'm running a full gaf run for patch day (gaf members only)

9pm EST, Discord is a must(you don't have to talk)

if we have enough players online early in the day we could setup a earlier run also.


don't forget to repair your gear!

I plan on being there
kaze343
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:20 AM)
kaze343's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zomba13

Posting for new page.



Cloud Mount taken

Quote for NA Eastern Journey Attire and Eastern Journey Battle Staff (Lancer/Dragoon Arm) codes.

Giving away the ones I got when the promotion was on before I knew they wouldn't work with an EU account. First come first serve. Post when you've redeemed them (via MogStation).

just giving you a heads up, the other codes are used too. dont know who but they were used yesterday.
Squishy3
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:39 AM)
Squishy3's Avatar

Originally Posted by VanillaCakeIsBurning

The new option sounds good.

Going to be very helpful in PVP for sure.
EndcatOmega
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:45 AM)
Playable koalas piloting human robots would be better than every race in the game and likely to be added, so bring it on.
Omni
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:01 AM)
Omni's Avatar
Anyone got a RDM opener? Rotation seems simple enough. Just need to know what's up with the start
remz
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:30 AM)
remz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Omni

Anyone got a RDM opener? Rotation seems simple enough. Just need to know what's up with the start

Jolt
VanillaCakeIsBurning
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:35 AM)
VanillaCakeIsBurning's Avatar

Originally Posted by Omni

Anyone got a RDM opener? Rotation seems simple enough. Just need to know what's up with the start

Raw cast VerThunder/VerAero if you have the time.

Can open with Acceleration/Swiftcast I think if you don't have time.

Swiftcast can also be used to maybe get a proc if you miss getting one.
Stone Ocean
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Omni

Anyone got a RDM opener? Rotation seems simple enough. Just need to know what's up with the start

Its basically this but with Embolden used way earlier to line up with other party buffs AFAIK
Azzurri
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:59 AM)
Azzurri's Avatar
Hey ya guys,

I got a question, what is there to do at endgame? If I don't care about raiding is there any other way to progress? With WoW when I take a break from Raiding, I can run mythic + dungeons and basically get equal to better gear in literally a 3rd of the time it takes to raid.

Also, there a lot of open world PvE content in in Legion this time around and I really enjoy being in the open world and not just spamming instanced content. How is it in Stormblood. If there is one thing I don't like in MMOs is standing around in towns just spamming duty/group finder and automatically being placed in a dungeon.
VanillaCakeIsBurning
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:21 AM)
VanillaCakeIsBurning's Avatar

Originally Posted by Azzurri

Hey ya guys,

I got a question, what is there to do at endgame? If I don't care about raiding is there any other way to progress? With WoW when I take a break from Raiding, I can run mythic + dungeons and basically get equal to better gear in literally a 3rd of the time it takes to raid.

Also, there a lot of open world PvE content in in Legion this time around and I really enjoy being in the open world and not just spamming instanced content. How is it in Stormblood. If there is one thing I don't like in MMOs is standing around in towns just spamming duty/group finder and automatically being placed in a dungeon.

That's pretty much what I do whenever I play.
Qvoth
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:21 AM)
Qvoth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Squishy3

ah yes, the fabled ixion. finally, he has been spotted in the wild

where'd you get this picture from?
Squishy3
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:24 AM)
Squishy3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Qvoth

where'd you get this picture from?

patch notes post
Azzurri
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:28 AM)
Azzurri's Avatar

Originally Posted by VanillaCakeIsBurning

That's pretty much what I do whenever I play.

That's pretty disappointing to hear.
VanillaCakeIsBurning
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:31 AM)
VanillaCakeIsBurning's Avatar

Originally Posted by Azzurri

That's pretty disappointing to hear.

I'm not interested in crafting and there's no sidequests that I can think of that need doing so I'm just doing some dungeons to get the ilevel I need to do the new stuff coming this week.

I mean if you like crafting and gathering you could do that but I personally have no interest in crafting or doing the Omega savage stuff so I mostly just play other games once I've gone through the new patch content a bunch of times.
Isotropy
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:44 AM)
I'm a former FFXIV-player, who doesn't know anybody in real life who plays the game and has an irreconcilable loathing of using the duty finder.

I just looked through the Patch 4.1 Notes, and noticed something called "command missions". Maybe I'm misunderstanding it, but is it essentially saying that you can run through 4-person content with AI now? If so, would that be a viable option for progressing through the game?

If it is, I'd definitely resub.
Trojita
Rapid Response Threadmaker
(10-07-2017, 05:48 AM)
Trojita's Avatar

Originally Posted by Azzurri

Hey ya guys,

I got a question, what is there to do at endgame? If I don't care about raiding is there any other way to progress? With WoW when I take a break from Raiding, I can run mythic + dungeons and basically get equal to better gear in literally a 3rd of the time it takes to raid.

Also, there a lot of open world PvE content in in Legion this time around and I really enjoy being in the open world and not just spamming instanced content. How is it in Stormblood. If there is one thing I don't like in MMOs is standing around in towns just spamming duty/group finder and automatically being placed in a dungeon.

If that is your preference, I'd say stay away. Non-instanced content is still a hugely lacking part of this game.

Originally Posted by Isotropy

I'm a former FFXIV-player, who doesn't know anybody in real life who plays the game and has an irreconcilable loathing of using the duty finder.

I just looked through the Patch 4.1 Notes, and noticed something called "command missions". Maybe I'm misunderstanding it, but is it essentially saying that you can run through 4-person content with AI now? If so, would that be a viable option for progressing through the game?

If it is, I'd definitely resub.

You'd need your squad leveled up I think. I don't know if you can run them the first time that way either. They also only consist of some of the low level duties.

If you are nervous with strangers, if it helps, I could run through the dungeons with you.
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:50 AM)
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret's Avatar
Somehow I feel that Shinryu ex wont quite be up to thordan extreme standards if they said some might find O2S harder.
Chaos2Frozen
Member
(10-07-2017, 10:59 AM)
Chaos2Frozen's Avatar
Who is the writer for the Dark Knight questline? That person deserves a bonus.
Omni
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:56 PM)
Omni's Avatar
Thanks for the help, guys ^

Also I'm trying to optimise v4s a little better with AST/SCH healer comp. Anyone got any tips?

Basically at the end of Omega, I've got all my CDs like Earthly Star, CO, CU, and Largesse. And Lucid Dreaming, of course. The issue is trying to decide which CDs to use on the almagest after Omega, and which ones to save for the almagest following Grand Cross Delta, soon after. Right now I'm using CU, CO for the former, and saving the star to top everyone off after GCD. However this leaves a problem where the almagest that follows hits terribly hard and my dps drops dramatically.

Have no problems clearing of course, but it just feels super inefficient to be spamming helios so much. I guess I just gotta suck it up?
Thorgal
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:22 PM)
Thorgal's Avatar
for those in search of a new Wallpaper, someone on Reddit has made one from the 4.1 preview site background .

1080 p version


4k version

accx
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:27 PM)
accx's Avatar
Got a char on Odin finally (been busy).
How does the different dps classes compare to one another? I mean in terms of utility abilities, pure damage output, general usefulness in group environments?
I've heard that dragoons been weak for awhile, for example. Not sure how true that is. Is it because they lack in dps, and if so do they make up for it with utility?
That sort of stuff... I started with a pugilist this time around. I've been torn between this and just going summoner but i already got one at 50 on Ultros (50 bard, 50 summoner to be precise) and i wanted to change it up a bit.
Never been fond of melee though so not sure if i should stick with the pugilist.
Is there any good resources with some short writeups in regards to all the classes and what they bring to the table? Or maybe youtube?
As a side note, i enjoy dot heavy, debuff and controlling classes. But also those that require fast reflexes. I don't really care about being the highest dps class if it means i can bring a lot of utility instead.
Basically chainlock insta dot classes, heh.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(10-07-2017, 04:58 PM)
DrForester's Avatar
One really pleasant surprise from the relocation feature...

Old Plot Exterior: Paissa Cottage Walls
Destination Plot Exterior: Paissa House Walls

Free exterior upgrade. Given the farming involved, I figured you would lose those custom housing walls if you changed house sizes.

If anyone is planning to upgrade and wants one of the custom walls, now is the time to do it. Only have to farm a fraction of the parts for the small versions as you do the large ones.

Originally Posted by Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Somehow I feel that Shinryu ex wont quite be up to thordan extreme standards if they said some might find O2S harder.

I just hope it's an entertaining fight. I found Thordan to be very tedious and boring to run. By contrast, you had Nidhogg with a ton of mechanics to work with and the way it all came together was a lot of fun.
Thorgal
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:59 PM)
Thorgal's Avatar

Originally Posted by accx

Got a char on Odin finally (been busy).
How does the different dps classes compare to one another? I mean in terms of utility abilities, pure damage output, general usefulness in group environments?
I've heard that dragoons been weak for awhile, for example. Not sure how true that is. Is it because they lack in dps, and if so do they make up for it with utility?
That sort of stuff... I started with a pugilist this time around. I've been torn between this and just going summoner but i already got one at 50 on Ultros (50 bard, 50 summoner to be precise) and i wanted to change it up a bit.
Never been fond of melee though so not sure if i should stick with the pugilist.
Is there any good resources with some short writeups in regards to all the classes and what they bring to the table? Or maybe youtube?
As a side note, i enjoy dot heavy, debuff and controlling classes. But also those that require fast reflexes. I don't really care about being the highest dps class if it means i can bring a lot of utility instead.
Basically chainlock insta dot classes, heh.

welcome to the server :p

PS the offer to join our FC still stands btw .

Names MI6

come visit us at The Goblet ,ward 1 . house 30 .

Character name is Rhaya Wolfsbane if you happen to see me .

if you enjoy dot heavy classes Summoner is your go to .

if you want speed and utility Ninja is the undisputed king of the later ( altough you said you arent fond of melees )

basically any job is great so take your pick really .
accx
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:38 PM)
accx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thorgal

welcome to the server :p

PS the offer to join our FC still stands btw .

Names MI6

come visit us at The Goblet ,ward 1 . house 30 .

Character name is Rhaya Wolfsbane if you happen to see me .

if you enjoy dot heavy classes Summoner is your go to .

if you want speed and utility Ninja is the undisputed king of the later ( altough you said you arent fond of melees )

basically any job is great so take your pick really .

Thanks! I'm gonna wait a little before joining your FC. At the moment i'm playing overwatch and secret world legends with my girlfriend but i wanted something to fill the hours in between dailies in swl, so that's why i took up ffxiv again. I'm probably gonna play Destiny 2 as well so me starting ffxiv is kind of a trial run to see if i get hooked again.
I have a friend joining me, might persuade my girlfriend too (she seems bored with swl lately), so if we decide to stay it would be cool if we all could join :)
Only lvl 10 now. I figured i'd play to about 20-30 before deciding to stay, and if so i might transfer my old character.
Just starting again made me realise how much i remembered so starting fresh felt a little rough. Appreciate the invite! My char's named lain ipeq, ipoq? ipiq?
Fake edit:
Lain iriq is my name. Never could figure out a surname, just went with a random one. Ugh, The only shape of the horns that i liked (decided on Au Ra) has completely the wrong shape on the face. Might just transfer my Miqo'te sooner than i'd planned.
Thanks for the class tips. I'm staying on the pugilist for now. Already feel like i've decided to transfer my old char if i decide to play longer than just a month.

Edit:
Is it possible to change so the camera turns with the mouse? What i mean is, instead of having the traditional mouse turning (holding down M2), it would just turn on its own? I've gotten used to it thanks to swl.
And are the accessibility options actually useful for someone that usually don't need them? The wording "visual alerts" make it sound really useful.
cultureculture
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:29 PM)
cultureculture's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen

Who is the writer for the Dark Knight questline? That person deserves a bonus.

Natsuko Ishikawa, who deserves a promotion:

DarkKyo
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:46 PM)
DarkKyo's Avatar
Anyone know what the ilvl req will be for the Ivalice raid? I have a friend who wants me to do it with them but I haven't played in awhile so I'm worried I'm terribly undergeared for it atm.
VanillaCakeIsBurning
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:49 PM)
VanillaCakeIsBurning's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkKyo

Anyone know what the ilvl req will be for the Ivalice raid? I have a friend who wants me to do it with them but I haven't played in awhile so I'm worried I'm terribly undergeared for it atm.

I think it's 305 for the Ivalice raid.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(10-07-2017, 08:12 PM)
DrForester's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkKyo

Anyone know what the ilvl req will be for the Ivalice raid? I have a friend who wants me to do it with them but I haven't played in awhile so I'm worried I'm terribly undergeared for it atm.

Shinryu EX is going to be 320, so the Ivalice thing will probably be considerably lower than that. 290-310 most likely.
DarkKyo
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:28 PM)
DarkKyo's Avatar
Thanks guys! Already 309 so looks like I might be about set.
Axelstream
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:26 PM)
Axelstream's Avatar
Hey guys! Just started playing and I've got a Lv. 39 Bard. I joined the FC on Ultros (thanks to whoever accepted me) and am doing the Coerthas storyline. If there's anyone around the same level who wants to hang or do duties or anything, feel free to hit me up.

I'm enjoying the game, but these early story quests are living up to their reputation for being a slog!
Redx508
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:45 PM)
Redx508's Avatar

Originally Posted by Axelstream

Hey guys! Just started playing and I've got a Lv. 39 Bard. I joined the FC on Ultros (thanks to whoever accepted me) and am doing the Coerthas storyline. If there's anyone around the same level who wants to hang or do duties or anything, feel free to hit me up.

I'm enjoying the game, but these early story quests are living up to their reputation for being a slog!

welcome to the fc!
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Member
(10-07-2017, 11:05 PM)
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret's Avatar
Why doesn't the falcon mount have any unique music?
Dandy Crocodile
Member
(10-07-2017, 11:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Axelstream

Hey guys! Just started playing and I've got a Lv. 39 Bard. I joined the FC on Ultros (thanks to whoever accepted me) and am doing the Coerthas storyline. If there's anyone around the same level who wants to hang or do duties or anything, feel free to hit me up.

I'm enjoying the game, but these early story quests are living up to their reputation for being a slog!

I'm past that on my main job but I've been leveling stuff on the side. Hit me up if you wanna play sometime. I'm Dandy Crocodile in game too.
Thorgal
Member
(10-07-2017, 11:22 PM)
Thorgal's Avatar

Originally Posted by accx

Thanks! I'm gonna wait a little before joining your FC. At the moment i'm playing overwatch and secret world legends with my girlfriend but i wanted something to fill the hours in between dailies in swl, so that's why i took up ffxiv again. I'm probably gonna play Destiny 2 as well so me starting ffxiv is kind of a trial run to see if i get hooked again.
I have a friend joining me, might persuade my girlfriend too (she seems bored with swl lately), so if we decide to stay it would be cool if we all could join :)
Only lvl 10 now. I figured i'd play to about 20-30 before deciding to stay, and if so i might transfer my old character.
Just starting again made me realise how much i remembered so starting fresh felt a little rough. Appreciate the invite! My char's named lain ipeq, ipoq? ipiq?
Fake edit:
Lain iriq is my name. Never could figure out a surname, just went with a random one. Ugh, The only shape of the horns that i liked (decided on Au Ra) has completely the wrong shape on the face. Might just transfer my Miqo'te sooner than i'd planned.
Thanks for the class tips. I'm staying on the pugilist for now. Already feel like i've decided to transfer my old char if i decide to play longer than just a month.

Edit:
Is it possible to change so the camera turns with the mouse? What i mean is, instead of having the traditional mouse turning (holding down M2), it would just turn on its own? I've gotten used to it thanks to swl.
And are the accessibility options actually useful for someone that usually don't need them? The wording "visual alerts" make it sound really useful.

visual Alerts is something they inserted in patch 2.38 for people with hearing problems .

otherwise it serves little purpose .
Frumix
Suffering From Success
(10-08-2017, 12:20 AM)
Frumix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stone Ocean

Its basically this but with Embolden used way earlier to line up with other party buffs AFAIK

If there was ever a way to overcomplicate Red Mage, that picture would be it. Verholy moly where do I even start with that picture.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(10-08-2017, 12:57 AM)
DrForester's Avatar

Originally Posted by Axelstream

Hey guys! Just started playing and I've got a Lv. 39 Bard. I joined the FC on Ultros (thanks to whoever accepted me) and am doing the Coerthas storyline. If there's anyone around the same level who wants to hang or do duties or anything, feel free to hit me up.

I'm enjoying the game, but these early story quests are living up to their reputation for being a slog!

If you ever need help with something, ask in the fc chat. Usually not hard to get some people together for things.
Toth
Member
(10-08-2017, 01:23 AM)
Toth's Avatar
What is the dps meter app that can show up in game (and shows class dps, etc)?
Stone Ocean
Member
(10-08-2017, 01:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Toth

What is the dps meter app that can show up in game (and shows class dps, etc)?

That's ACT.
Toth
Member
(10-08-2017, 01:34 AM)
Toth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stone Ocean

That's ACT.

Hmmm I downloaded it and installed it but it doesn't seem to work. Is there an extra step I am missing?
Omnicent
Member
(10-08-2017, 01:36 AM)
Omnicent's Avatar
http://act.ff.sdo.com/project/20171005nezha/index.html

Oh man I wonder how much those flaming wheel shoe/mount is going to cost if it ever comes over to mogstation (I need these so I can do some Air Gear Glam)
SynthFetish
Member
(10-08-2017, 03:18 AM)
SynthFetish's Avatar

Originally Posted by Omnicent

http://act.ff.sdo.com/project/20171005nezha/index.html

Oh man I wonder how much those flaming wheel shoe/mount is going to cost if it ever comes over to mogstation (I need these so I can do some Air Gear Glam)

What?
Trojita
Rapid Response Threadmaker
(10-08-2017, 03:22 AM)
Trojita's Avatar

Originally Posted by Omnicent

http://act.ff.sdo.com/project/20171005nezha/index.html

Oh man I wonder how much those flaming wheel shoe/mount is going to cost if it ever comes over to mogstation (I need these so I can do some Air Gear Glam)

lmao it is a Segway.

Thread Tools