• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

leng jai
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:52 AM)
leng jai's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boogiepop

Man, Simpsons House is another one of those sets I want to want more than I actually DO want, like the classic Batcave. Like, I think it's the whole opening dollhouse setup making each "room" look incomplete and too small to me, versus a modular style setup. Plus the outside is of course a little simple by necessity of the original design, so it's nothing too mindblowing. So it ends up being a set where I like the idea of it a lot, but don't think I can justify the actual set.

Kwik-E Mart is way more iconic. The biggest problem I have with the Simpsons sets is how bad all the minifigs look.
DonShula
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:52 AM)
DonShula's Avatar
Late notice, but Disney Store web site has 25% off most items over $100 and free shipping with code TREAT. This includes Silent Mary, First Order Star Destroyer, and First Order Heavy Assault Walker. Their prices are terribly inflated but you still end up saving around $20-$30 on each. And by terribly inflated I mean absolutely shameful as in $70 for Battle on Takodana shameful.

This does NOT include Disney Castle, sadly.
DonShula
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:54 AM)
DonShula's Avatar

Originally Posted by leng jai

Kwik-E Mart is way more iconic. The biggest problem I have with the Simpsons sets is how bad all the minifigs look.

Aww, I have most of the CMFs and I think they look awesome. The figs that come with the house are kind of odd though.

Kwik-E-Mart is awesome.
PhoncipleBone
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:58 AM)
PhoncipleBone's Avatar

Originally Posted by DonShula

Late notice, but Disney Store web site has 25% off most items over $100 and free shipping with code TREAT. This includes Silent Mary, First Order Star Destroyer, and First Order Heavy Assault Walker. Their prices are terribly inflated but you still end up saving around $20-$30 on each. And by terribly inflated I mean absolutely shameful as in $70 for Battle on Takodana shameful.

This does NOT include Disney Castle, sadly.

Silent Mary is so awesome.
peteykirch
Member
(10-06-2017, 01:28 AM)
peteykirch's Avatar

Originally Posted by DonShula

Late notice, but Disney Store web site has 25% off most items over $100 and free shipping with code TREAT. This includes Silent Mary, First Order Star Destroyer, and First Order Heavy Assault Walker. Their prices are terribly inflated but you still end up saving around $20-$30 on each. And by terribly inflated I mean absolutely shameful as in $70 for Battle on Takodana shameful.

This does NOT include Disney Castle, sadly.

Was hoping that the code worked on the Shop Disney Parks App, and that would couple with my AP discount as well.
Ryuuroden
Member
(10-06-2017, 01:35 AM)
Ryuuroden's Avatar

Originally Posted by peteykirch

Was hoping that the code worked on the Shop Disney Parks App, and that would couple with my AP discount as well.

It worked on the disney castle twice in the past but both times I got to it too late.
BentBricks
Member
(10-06-2017, 03:33 AM)
BentBricks's Avatar

Originally Posted by balladofwindfishes

I was hoping for a helmet

Looks like a good starting point for a Snape BrickHeadz.
PalaceBrother
Member
(10-06-2017, 04:11 AM)
PalaceBrother's Avatar

Originally Posted by DonShula

Looks like MegaBlok to me.

Originally Posted by Ryuuroden

No idea but if you had a bunch of them it would be cool to make a hanging chain fence with

There's a chance it could be a MegaBlok piece but I'd be very, very surprised. It would have to be a foreign contaminant brought in by non PalaceBrother child.

There are no numbers on it but the coloring & molding fits perfectly with LEGO. I suspect it's from a Friends or Elves set but I can't find it. Here it is again, this time with a like-colored 1x1 cone.



Marty Chinn
Member
(10-06-2017, 04:14 AM)
Marty Chinn's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhoncipleBone

You monster!

In my defense, I'm saving those three to build with my kids when they're a little bit older. The rest of the unopened sets I don't have a defense for though....
PalaceBrother
Member
(10-06-2017, 04:19 AM)
PalaceBrother's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boogiepop

Man, Simpsons House is another one of those sets I want to want more than I actually DO want, like the classic Batcave. Like, I think it's the whole opening dollhouse setup making each "room" look incomplete and too small to me, versus a modular style setup. Plus the outside is of course a little simple by necessity of the original design, so it's nothing too mindblowing. So it ends up being a set where I like the idea of it a lot, but don't think I can justify the actual set.

Originally Posted by PhoncipleBone

Simpsonís House is an awesome parts pack in the end. The mini builds and furniture inside are ace, since they are what Bessa is best at. The rest of it though is just decent.

I think "decent" is probably the highest praise I would give it. You're bang on with the mini builds though-they're fantastic. Bessa did the Haunted House too right? The features in that set are ridiculously clever.

Overall the Simpsons house was a tremendous letdown for me. The way the roof clumsily rests is really awkward and I didn't enjoy the flow of the build very much. The door to the car hole is next to impossible to open, and during the build that whole section collapsed more than once while trying to attach it to the house proper.
fisheyes
Member
(10-06-2017, 04:25 AM)
fisheyes's Avatar

Originally Posted by PalaceBrother

I think "decent" is probably the highest praise I would give it. You're bang on with the mini builds though-they're fantastic. Bessa did the Haunted House too right? The features in that set are ridiculously clever.

Overall the Simpsons house was a tremendous letdown for me. The way the roof clumsily rests is really awkward and I didn't enjoy the flow of the build very much. The door to the car hole is next to impossible to open, and during the build that whole section collapsed more than once while trying to attach it to the house proper.

*car hold ;)
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(10-06-2017, 04:39 AM)
DrForester's Avatar

Originally Posted by PalaceBrother

There's a chance it could be a MegaBlok piece but I'd be very, very surprised. It would have to be a foreign contaminant brought in by non PalaceBrother child.

There are no numbers on it but the coloring & molding fits perfectly with LEGO. I suspect it's from a Friends or Elves set but I can't find it. Here it is again, this time with a like-colored 1x1 cone.

It almost looks like a ski-pole piece for minifigs (and a ton of gold ones were used as decorations on the Creator Big Ben set).

BentBricks
Member
(10-06-2017, 05:41 AM)
BentBricks's Avatar

Originally Posted by PalaceBrother

There's a chance it could be a MegaBlok piece but I'd be very, very surprised. It would have to be a foreign contaminant brought in by non PalaceBrother child.

There are no numbers on it but the coloring & molding fits perfectly with LEGO. I suspect it's from a Friends or Elves set but I can't find it. Here it is again, this time with a like-colored 1x1 cone.

LEGOGAF has never failed to identify LEGO parts or sets.



Contamination has occurred.
PalaceBrother
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:19 AM)
PalaceBrother's Avatar

Originally Posted by fisheyes

*car hold ;)

Listen-I am not going to pretend that you didn't just blow my mind....but I also won't pretend that I didn't Google it as well. Hank Azaria confirmed Car Hole via Twitter. I had no idea "car hold" was ever in contention!
fisheyes
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:40 AM)
fisheyes's Avatar

Originally Posted by PalaceBrother

Listen-I am not going to pretend that you didn't just blow my mind....but I also won't pretend that I didn't Google it as well. Hank Azaria confirmed Car Hole via Twitter. I had no idea "car hold" was ever in contention!

Haha I didn't realise even Hank Azaria got involved in this contentious issue.
Boogalogist
Member
(10-06-2017, 07:01 AM)

Originally Posted by PalaceBrother

There are no numbers on it but the coloring & molding fits perfectly with LEGO. I suspect it's from a Friends or Elves set but I can't find it. Here it is again, this time with a like-colored 1x1 cone.

When I first looked at it, it looked like a part in my daughter's Lego Disney Princess sets. And then, I checked through the whole list of the Princess sets but I do not see anything similar to this.

I'm stumped as well.
formated4tv
Member
(10-06-2017, 03:38 PM)
formated4tv's Avatar
So I know there's double VIP coming up soon and a Halloween promo fig.

Is there a best time this month to buy things that anyone knows of to maximize points, promos, etc?
Boogiepop
Member
(10-06-2017, 04:59 PM)
Boogiepop's Avatar
Okay, so the Toys R Us exclusive Bricktober Batman minifig promotion thing starts next week, and the idea is you spend $50 on Lego to get it as a freebie, right? So, my question is... what should I be expecting to pay for this thing if I DON'T do that promotion? Like, I'm not really looking to shop at Toys R Us for full priced Lego sets... I guess in theory it's kind of like a discount of whatever I'd have to pay otherwise, but still, doesn't seem ideal.
otapnam
Member
(10-06-2017, 05:02 PM)
otapnam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boogiepop

Okay, so the Toys R Us exclusive Bricktober Batman minifig promotion thing starts next week, and the idea is you spend $50 on Lego to get it as a freebie, right? So, my question is... what should I be expecting to pay for this thing if I DON'T do that promotion? Like, I'm not really looking to shop at Toys R Us for full priced Lego sets... I guess in theory it's kind of like a discount of whatever I'd have to pay otherwise, but still, doesn't seem ideal.

Tru has 20+% off time to time on normal sets so u might luck out if u are collecting star wars, Lego Friends, Ninjago etc. They don't ever discount modulars n expert creator though
Ponn
Member
(10-06-2017, 05:10 PM)
Ponn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boogiepop

Okay, so the Toys R Us exclusive Bricktober Batman minifig promotion thing starts next week, and the idea is you spend $50 on Lego to get it as a freebie, right? So, my question is... what should I be expecting to pay for this thing if I DON'T do that promotion? Like, I'm not really looking to shop at Toys R Us for full priced Lego sets... I guess in theory it's kind of like a discount of whatever I'd have to pay otherwise, but still, doesn't seem ideal.

I saw a review and the person said he was allowed to buy the Ninjago set for $20. So it really depends on what you were considering to buy to get the promo and if you could get that set for $20 or more less.
DonShula
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:22 PM)
DonShula's Avatar
Howís the Batwing? Good build? Local Walmart has it for $45.

They also have Jakku Quadjumper for $25. Trying to decide if I want to drive out of my way to buy those two items that arenít exactly on my wishlist.
Haloid1177
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:28 PM)
Haloid1177's Avatar

Originally Posted by DonShula

Howís the Batwing? Good build? Local Walmart has it for $45.

If you build a small stand to display it upright it looks amazing. One of my faves of the year for sure, but I'm a sucker for LBM sets anyway.
Koren
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:45 PM)
Koren's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhoncipleBone

Am I the weirdo that likes the off color parts? Makes it look dirtier and more worn.

I think uneven colors is a good thing, but the way it's done on UCS Falcon doesn't convince me fully (when it's a square element of a really different color on a perfectly uniform surface, it's strange)

The more I look at the back, the more I have trouble with the way they depicted deflector plates, too...
Haines
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 12:18 AM)
Haines's Avatar
Going to have to email lego.

Shipping labels made last thursday.

Bonuses recieved Monday. No falcon.


Anyways. My 3.5 yr old son is now in the habit of grabbing the lego bucket out everyday and building what he calls ninjas and putting them on display. Must have like 6 now. Not sure how im going to convince him to tear them down.

I kind of suck at lego. Is there a way i can get better so i can teach him to be good? Lol
Ponn
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:00 AM)
Ponn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Haines

Going to have to email lego.

Shipping labels made last thursday.

Bonuses recieved Monday. No falcon.


Anyways. My 3.5 yr old son is now in the habit of grabbing the lego bucket out everyday and building what he calls ninjas and putting them on display. Must have like 6 now. Not sure how im going to convince him to tear them down.

I kind of suck at lego. Is there a way i can get better so i can teach him to be good? Lol

I'm starting to wonder if Fed Ex people are knowing what the boxes are and deciding it's worth it to "lose" them.
formated4tv
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:16 AM)
formated4tv's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ponn

I'm starting to wonder if Fed Ex people are knowing what the boxes are and deciding it's worth it to "lose" them.

I wonder if that's one of those old rumors at this point. I'm sure, years and years ago, UPS/Fedex/USPS would lose (steal) items, but you would think at this point there'd actually be cameras and security after that shit happening for so long.

It might be legit too, but I think of like Amazon who makes everyone empty everything on the way in and out.
Ponn
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:54 AM)
Ponn's Avatar

Originally Posted by formated4tv

I wonder if that's one of those old rumors at this point. I'm sure, years and years ago, UPS/Fedex/USPS would lose (steal) items, but you would think at this point there'd actually be cameras and security after that shit happening for so long.

It might be legit too, but I think of like Amazon who makes everyone empty everything on the way in and out.

My Fed ex driver is horrible. Lost two of my packages and has misdelivered 3 packages to my place in under a year. Not even the same neighbor but 3 different ones in other condo buildings across the parking lot. I can't possibly be the only one with problems with him and called in complaints yet he is still there. I just don't have much faith or trust in them.
DonShula
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:55 AM)
DonShula's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ponn

I'm starting to wonder if Fed Ex people are knowing what the boxes are and deciding it's worth it to "lose" them.

I wasnít trying to cause any concern the first time this came up, but...

ďLabel createdĒ means Lego generated a shipping label but hasnít given FedEx anything to pick up yet. Typically it means something is sitting at a dock waiting for a regularly scheduled pickup time. But these Falcons are all coming from a distribution center somewhere most likely - hundreds or thousands of boxes leaving each day, multiple times per day. The odds of a FedEx pickup driver knowing whatís in any one box are very slim.

Usually this would indicate a lost package - something dropped into a grate on a dock or left in the wrong bin or accidentally scanned in as part of another shipment. But given the Falcon stock situation, I think itís more likely that Lego never gave them a package to pick up. Either way, Iíd be calling at this point for an ETA. It honestly sounds like Lego is just waiting for more stock to fulfill the order.
Haines
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 02:36 AM)
Haines's Avatar
Well my bonuses didn't even change status from label created til arrives at my door step
Last edited by Haines; 10-07-2017 at 02:58 AM.
Ryuuroden
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:20 AM)
Ryuuroden's Avatar

Originally Posted by formated4tv

I wonder if that's one of those old rumors at this point. I'm sure, years and years ago, UPS/Fedex/USPS would lose (steal) items, but you would think at this point there'd actually be cameras and security after that shit happening for so long.

It might be legit too, but I think of like Amazon who makes everyone empty everything on the way in and out.

I worked at Toys R Us online warehouse long ago and they made us take everything out of our pockets and they searched our bags and stuff and had a metal detector, etc so yeah, it would be hard to walk out with something. However, I am sure there are other ways things happen. I know once my company got a delivery in the morning of some important stuff for a install job and the next stop the truck was making was to the Lego Store and there was legit 3 pallets of boxes of lego sets and PAB. They actually took it all of the truck and put it to the side to get to our stuff. I legit looked through it for unannounced stuff, lol. I also talked to the store manager later and he said that the stuff is supposed to normally be the LEGO store first stop to prevent stuff from being stolen but I guess since my company has such a good relationship with the shipping terminal that when we requested first delivery, they came to us.

Also, related note, did you guys see Jangs last Bricks and Pieces order. It got mutilated.
BentBricks
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:50 AM)
BentBricks's Avatar

I think the consensus is that is not a LEGO part. I checked LEGO Scala and Bellville sets in case it was some weird older part no longer being made. I also, looked into K'Nex, Mega Bloks, and Kre-o and found nothing that is like that. Granted, the online resources for parts for those brands are light years behind LEGO resources.

If you ever find out what it is please let us know.
Chiaroscuro
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:17 AM)
Chiaroscuro's Avatar
Looks like an Imaginext part, like the ones that make the weapons handlers:



Could it be?
BentBricks
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:33 AM)
BentBricks's Avatar

TRU is filing for bankruptcy because they think products like this are good at LEGO prices. 89 pieces for $9.99.

I'm always fascinated at LEGO compatible "minifigures". McFarlane sets falling into building block category is highly questionable, but I would love to see some of these IPs (NEVER gonna happen) in LEGO minifig form.

Mega Bloks seems to have gone away from trying to copy LEGO minifigs and going full steam into mini action figures with their Halo success.

I guess Mega Construx is calling them MICRO action figures (further differentiating them from minifigures).
https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/w...t-series-cnc84

I'm a bit interested in these MEGA CONSTRUXô HEROES micro action figure packs. I'd like to use the He-Man Power-Sword with minifigures. It's a slippery slope...next thing I'll be doing is mixing LEGO and MEGA bricks.
Zulithe
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:54 AM)
Zulithe's Avatar
You're reminding me of those R&M McFarlane sets... which thankfully I decided not to buy after watching some youtube reviews.

The weird cheap bendy plastic they used for Rick's head and arms is severely offputting. Reminds me of something you'd pull out of a gumball machine.
BentBricks
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:17 AM)
BentBricks's Avatar
Alternatives if don't want to fork out $200 for either Simpson House or Kwik-E-Mark.


Springfield Skyline by Primoz Mlakar, on Flickr
Winnie the Pimp
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:32 AM)
Winnie the Pimp's Avatar

Originally Posted by BentBricks

Alternatives if don't want to fork out $200 for either Simpson House or Kwik-E-Mark.


Springfield Skyline by Primoz Mlakar, on Flickr

This just makes me realize that there STILL isn't a mini modulars 2.

Seriously, Lego, WHY?
Rodney McKay
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:09 AM)
Rodney McKay's Avatar

Originally Posted by Winnie the Pimp

This just makes me realize that there STILL isn't a mini modulars 2.

Seriously, Lego, WHY?

No idea. I remember one of the modular creator's videos on YouTube saying that he would build a mini-modular with every Full-sized modular he made, so I wonder if he stopped doing that after the initial 5 or something.

And for the size of mini-modulars, they're not the cheapest things to Bricklink all the pieces for, and they use such a variety of little pieces that it can get a bit complicated to buy all the pieces I need.

I bought all the pieces I needed for my Mini-Modular Pet Shop and it probably came to around $50 just for the one (and I was taking some pieces from sets I already owned, like some of the rare sand blue pieces). Had to use 3 different Bricklink sellers and PAB from LEGO.COM. The shipping especially starts to add up.

I really want to do a Mini-Modular Town Hall since i designed a to-scale model of it myself in LDD, but I've been a little scared to see how much it'll cost. I don't think that orange-tan Town Hall color is super rare (I hope) so it might not be as much.
Last edited by Rodney McKay; 10-07-2017 at 08:13 AM.
SiegfriedFM
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:36 AM)
SiegfriedFM's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rodney McKay

No idea. I remember one of the modular creator's videos on YouTube saying that he would build a mini-modular with every Full-sized modular he made, so I wonder if he stopped doing that after the initial 5 or something.

And for the size of mini-modulars, they're not the cheapest things to Bricklink all the pieces for, and they use such a variety of little pieces that it can get a bit complicated to buy all the pieces I need.

I bought all the pieces I needed for my Mini-Modular Pet Shop and it probably came to around $50 just for the one (and I was taking some pieces from sets I already owned, like some of the rare sand blue pieces). Had to use 3 different Bricklink sellers and PAB from LEGO.COM. The shipping especially starts to add up.

I really want to do a Mini-Modular Town Hall since i designed a to-scale model of it myself in LDD, but I've been a little scared to see how much it'll cost. I don't think that orange-tan Town Hall color is super rare (I hope) so it might not be as much.

I think that's why. It would need a small amount of a ton of different parts, so it's hard to get any economical production for it.
Rodney McKay
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:50 AM)
Rodney McKay's Avatar

Originally Posted by SiegfriedFM

I think that's why. It would need a small amount of a ton of different parts, so it's hard to get an economical production for it.

That was one of the reasons I chose the Mini-modular set as my first dip into LEGO as an adult.

I liked that it was a smaller set, but I loved that it had such a large amount and variety of pieces.
toythatkills
(10-07-2017, 09:52 AM)
toythatkills's Avatar

Originally Posted by BentBricks

Alternatives if don't want to fork out $200 for either Simpson House or Kwik-E-Mark.


Springfield Skyline by Primoz Mlakar, on Flickr

I would hardcore buy into a "Fictional Architecture" line
Ravek
Member
(10-07-2017, 11:09 AM)
Ravek's Avatar
When is the next 2x VIP thing?
DonShula
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:15 PM)
DonShula's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ravek

When is the next 2x VIP thing?

Starts Tuesday in the US.


Originally Posted by BentBricks

Alternatives if don't want to fork out $200 for either Simpson House or Kwik-E-Mark.


Springfield Skyline by Primoz Mlakar, on Flickr

I love this!
Haines
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 02:08 PM)
Haines's Avatar
Is there s way to get the parts for that and what would it cost?

My wife loves simpsons
PhoncipleBone
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:10 PM)
PhoncipleBone's Avatar

Originally Posted by BentBricks

Alternatives if don't want to fork out $200 for either Simpson House or Kwik-E-Mark.


Springfield Skyline by Primoz Mlakar, on Flickr

No Moeís?
PhoncipleBone
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:06 PM)
PhoncipleBone's Avatar
Just a reminder, Barnes and Noble stores are doing a Ninjago build and take event at 4pm today. You get to build a tiny Green Mech Dragon and take it home afterwards.
BentBricks
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:59 PM)
BentBricks's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhoncipleBone

No Moeís?

Nothing at that scale.

This is what happens when a minifig drinks excessively.



Tons of micro builds here (sucked some time outta my life perusing it) :
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/399201...41701/?lp=true
GAMEPROFF
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:37 PM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhoncipleBone

No Moeís?

Makes more sense then the church from all avaiable buildings...
PhoncipleBone
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:30 PM)
PhoncipleBone's Avatar

Cute lil Baby Mech Dragon.
formated4tv
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:36 PM)
formated4tv's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF

Makes more sense then the church from all avaiable buildings...

I thought that was the school, not the church. (If you're referring to the picture)
Osahi
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:36 PM)
Osahi's Avatar
Visited the Lego store today (the missus wanted to go shopping in the mall where we have one). Didnít buy anything, as double VIP is coming up, but finally saw Ninjago City, London Bus, UCS Snow Speeder, The Carrousel, WV Station and offcourse The Falcon on display.

Ninjago City looks glorious, and will be my Double VIP buy. London Bus is definitely on my list too now and Iíll nab UCS Snow Speeder when chances arise (itíll appear in regular shops and have a discount, I hope. I got the UCS Tie that way). Carousel is nice, but I can skip. WV Station didnít do much for me, but Iíll get it come december.

And the UCS Falcon is freaking glorious. But now that Iíve seen it in person, itís clearly way to big (next to way to expensive), so though Iíd love to build it, I can easily skip it without feeling regrets.

Thread Tools