• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Volta Mars
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 02:41 AM)
Volta Mars's Avatar
Got my first angry friend request! ...from a big priest no less!

My current Jade Druid deck is doing ok(ish).
Karsticles
(10-07-2017, 03:05 AM)
Karsticles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Volta Mars

Got my first angry friend request! ...from a big priest no less!

My current Jade Druid deck is doing ok(ish).

Woah, I had an identical experience. Big Priest lost to my Jade Druid even though he highrolled the Barnes into resurrect and I didn't go infinite, and he told me to "choke on a cock for my fag deck". My response was "ayyyyy", and then he unfriended me.

I used Spellbreaker to de-taunt his like 6th Obsidian Statue for lethal.
miladesn
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:47 AM)
miladesn's Avatar
the variance will be so high with that chest. Someone getting a legendary vs rare. That's 1500 dust difference. It will feel bad.

The pack isn't using the art that was datamined, that was certainly a legendary pack with the dragon on it. Maybe they changed their mind. This pack is not in the game, they will probably patch it in future.
BigJonsson
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:02 AM)
BigJonsson's Avatar
First turn
Coin -> Kelseth -> Shadowstep -> Kelseth -> Opponent concedes

lol
BreezyLimbo
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:08 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar
WHO WANTS TO CHALLENGE A FRIEND(me) FOR GOLD

give me your battletag whoever can post with a Queen song that isn't one of their famous ones will get to be my friend
A Pretty Panda
fuckin' called it, man
(10-07-2017, 06:11 AM)
A Pretty Panda's Avatar

Originally Posted by BreezyLimbo

WHO WANTS TO CHALLENGE A FRIEND(me) FOR GOLD

give me your battletag whoever can post with a Queen song that isn't one of their famous ones will get to be my friend

That's hard though.
Karsticles
(10-07-2017, 06:12 AM)
Karsticles's Avatar
Whooo. I got rank 10 just now with a modernized Demonlock. Played like 10 Anduin Priests tonight and only lost to one. This deck has a lot going for it!

Originally Posted by BreezyLimbo

WHO WANTS TO CHALLENGE A FRIEND(me) FOR GOLD

give me your battletag whoever can post with a Queen song that isn't one of their famous ones will get to be my friend

Karsticles#1474

Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the greatest songs of all time. Sorry if it's popular as well. :-P

Edit: Great King Rat.
Last edited by Karsticles; 10-07-2017 at 06:35 AM.
wiibomb
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:13 AM)
wiibomb's Avatar

Originally Posted by BreezyLimbo

WHO WANTS TO CHALLENGE A FRIEND(me) FOR GOLD

give me your battletag whoever can post with a Queen song that isn't one of their famous ones will get to be my friend

oh I love queen.. one of my favorite songs is Somebody to love (how the hell they combined so well that chorus??) also, made in heaven is glorious

wiibomb#1871

EDIT: who wants to live forever... that's a damn good one...
a kind of magic is also good
I want it all...

damn, man, I had to turn spotify on again lol
Last edited by wiibomb; 10-07-2017 at 06:23 AM.
BreezyLimbo
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:47 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by A Pretty Panda

That's hard though.

Originally Posted by Karsticles

Whooo. I got rank 10 just now with a modernized Demonlock. Played like 10 Anduin Priests tonight and only lost to one. This deck has a lot going for it!



Karsticles#1474

Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the greatest songs of all time. Sorry if it's popular as well. :-P

Edit: Great King Rat.

Originally Posted by wiibomb

oh I love queen.. one of my favorite songs is Somebody to love (how the hell they combined so well that chorus??) also, made in heaven is glorious

wiibomb#1871

EDIT: who wants to live forever... that's a damn good one...
a kind of magic is also good
I want it all...

damn, man, I had to turn spotify on again lol

YOU'RE ALL LOVELY PEOPLE

KARSTICLES WINS THOUGH CAUSE HE GOT THE GREAK KING RAT

WAIT

Karsticles edited at 10:35 and wiibomb you at 10:23! plot twist!(Also I sent karsticles a friend request and he did not respond fast)

(....whoever responds first then >_>)
scarlet
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:55 AM)
scarlet's Avatar
I haven't gotten the friend quest since August 10 and I rerolled a quest every day.
Lone_Prodigy
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:50 AM)
Lone_Prodigy's Avatar

Originally Posted by BigJonsson

First turn
Coin -> Kelseth -> Shadowstep -> Kelseth -> Opponent concedes

lol

It's like Quest Rogue all over again!

I actually saw one on the ladder today. He couldn't make up his mind with what to bounce and I just rushed him down with Dragon Priest.
thepotatoman
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:46 AM)
thepotatoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Absoludacrous

If you're curious about where Dr Boom is : There's a quest in Area 52 where you have to go take out him and his boom bots

Thanks. Now i'm a junior technician third grade in whatever the hell B.O.O.M. is. Maybe someday I can be the new Dr Boom.
Last edited by thepotatoman; 10-07-2017 at 09:55 AM.
fertygo
Member
(10-07-2017, 10:19 AM)
fertygo's Avatar
So HCT LA started today or tomorrow?
scarlet
Member
(10-07-2017, 10:26 AM)
scarlet's Avatar

Originally Posted by fertygo

So HCT LA started today or tomorrow?

Next week
fertygo
Member
(10-07-2017, 10:34 AM)
fertygo's Avatar

Originally Posted by scarlet

Next week

.. That made sense, been wondering why some of player still stream from their country lol
Karsticles
(10-07-2017, 01:17 PM)
Karsticles's Avatar

Originally Posted by BreezyLimbo

YOU'RE ALL LOVELY PEOPLE

KARSTICLES WINS THOUGH CAUSE HE GOT THE GREAK KING RAT

WAIT

Karsticles edited at 10:35 and wiibomb you at 10:23! plot twist!(Also I sent karsticles a friend request and he did not respond fast)

(....whoever responds first then >_>)

Man you were gone for 30 minutes after I responded. I went to bed. Don't talk to me about response time! :p

I will be back in the early afternoon if you want to play the match. If you give it to wiibomb, no hard feelings on my end.
scarlet
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:26 PM)
scarlet's Avatar
It took me a week (personal record) to reach rank 5 2 stars from rank 16 3 stars exclusively with priest, other than that one time where I misclicked a mage and lost.

Hopefully I still can get motivated to keep playing for the rest of the season.
miladesn
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:05 PM)
miladesn's Avatar
I joined the darkside, nothing works as well as raza priest.
Familienoberhauptvogel
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:15 PM)
Familienoberhauptvogel's Avatar

Originally Posted by miladesn

I joined the darkside, nothing works as well as raza priest.

it might not be the strongest deck in standard ever but it's most definitely the most resourceful
Fewr
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:44 PM)
Fewr's Avatar
My mission this weekend is to do the single player frozen throne stuff. At least the first boss, I haven't been able to beat even that one yet.
miladesn
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:51 PM)
miladesn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Familienoberhauptvogel

it might not be the strongest deck in standard ever but it's most definitely the most resourceful

yeah, it's the only deck that I think you can come back from most situations and beat anything. Jade druid felt like that before nerfs too, that's why I liked it not because of summoning larger green men. I like decks that give you lots of options with large hands, nothing else like that exist right now that can actually win in this meta.

Control mage is lots of fun too but yeah, doesn't beat anything right now. tom#23243255 is bringing kazakus mage to HCT, I played that deck today, man, I hope nobody voted tom lol.

spirit lash with spelldamge is so disgusting. I'm surprised that's not a thing in a regular control priest deck. I guess there is no incentive right now to play any other priest that is anti aggro but next year I think this can be very strong.
Last edited by miladesn; 10-07-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Karsticles
(10-07-2017, 04:54 PM)
Karsticles's Avatar

Originally Posted by miladesn

yeah, it's the only deck that I think you can come back from most situations and beat anything. Jade druid felt like that before nerfs too, that's why I liked it not because of summoning larger green men. I like decks that give you lots of options with large hands, nothing else like that exist right now that can actually win in this meta.

Control mage is lots of fun too but yeah, doesn't beat anything right now. tom#23243255 is bringing kazakus mage to HCT, I played that deck today, man, I hope nobody voted tom lol.

I am also a fan of having large hands. Having lots of options and decisions to make is what makes card games fun for me. That's why I used to love Renolock before Anduin Priest ruined it.
BreezyLimbo
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:57 PM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karsticles

Man you were gone for 30 minutes after I responded. I went to bed. Don't talk to me about response time! :p

I will be back in the early afternoon if you want to play the match. If you give it to wiibomb, no hard feelings on my end.

Wiibombs won

Well first game he challenged me and nobody won

Second game I army of the deaded as big priest and got ysaarj ysera and obsidian out it was amazing.
Familienoberhauptvogel
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:07 PM)
Familienoberhauptvogel's Avatar

Originally Posted by miladesn

yeah, it's the only deck that I think you can come back from most situations and beat anything. Jade druid felt like that before nerfs too, that's why I liked it not because of summoning larger green men. I like decks that give you lots of options with large hands, nothing else like that exist right now that can actually win in this meta.

Control mage is lots of fun too but yeah, doesn't beat anything right now. tom#23243255 is bringing kazakus mage to HCT, I played that deck today, man, I hope nobody voted tom lol.

spirit lash with spelldamge is so disgusting. I'm surprised that's not a thing in a regular control priest deck. I guess there is no incentive right now to play any other priest that is anti aggro but next year I think this can be very strong.

Exactly that makes it great to play but miserable to play against. If you think spell damage with spirit lash is disgusting wait till you Velen into Spirit Leash to heal for 20+.

The biggest struggle Priest has right now after not drawing Raza and Anduin is running out of cards in hand, which is why you see some lists playing elise. I also like elise for being a 5/5 for 5 on top of the pack.

I'm always getting a kick when playing against experienced priest players that immediately kill their own thalnos or loot hoarder. It's the right play just unintuitive at first.
scarlet
Member
(10-07-2017, 11:57 PM)
scarlet's Avatar

Originally Posted by miladesn

yeah, it's the only deck that I think you can come back from most situations and beat anything. Jade druid felt like that before nerfs too, that's why I liked it not because of summoning larger green men. I like decks that give you lots of options with large hands, nothing else like that exist right now that can actually win in this meta.

Control mage is lots of fun too but yeah, doesn't beat anything right now. tom#23243255 is bringing kazakus mage to HCT, I played that deck today, man, I hope nobody voted tom lol.

spirit lash with spelldamge is so disgusting. I'm surprised that's not a thing in a regular control priest deck. I guess there is no incentive right now to play any other priest that is anti aggro but next year I think this can be very strong.

Tom is going to world from last call point. He has nothing to lose in this sunmer championship, so he can bring meme decks.

Originally Posted by Familienoberhauptvogel

Exactly that makes it great to play but miserable to play against. If you think spell damage with spirit lash is disgusting wait till you Velen into Spirit Leash to heal for 20+.

The biggest struggle Priest has right now after not drawing Raza and Anduin is running out of cards in hand, which is why you see some lists playing elise. I also like elise for being a 5/5 for 5 on top of the pack.

I'm always getting a kick when playing against experienced priest players that immediately kill their own thalnos or loot hoarder. It's the right play just unintuitive at first.

It happened to me few times against mill warlock. Made me considering to craft Benedictus. I don't like elise in raza, cuz it's diluted my deck.
traveler
Not Wario
(10-08-2017, 02:46 AM)
traveler's Avatar
Alright. I'm ready to finally make the climb for legend.

Assuming I have access to pretty much every card in the game, am I better off focusing on wild or standard right now and what are the decks du jour atm? Going to check out lists on Hearthpwn.
BigJonsson
Member
(10-08-2017, 04:47 AM)
BigJonsson's Avatar
Pulled Bolvar, I guess I should keep him
EverVigilant
Junior Member
(10-08-2017, 05:21 AM)
Watching Zalae play razakus. Goddamn the guy is a beast
BananasWithGuns
Member
(10-08-2017, 06:47 AM)
BananasWithGuns's Avatar
Still astounds me how many people tier 1 decks in casual.

It's like, you already know it's one of the best decks in the game, why waste your time in casual when you could play it and win in ranked?
traveler
Not Wario
(10-08-2017, 07:11 AM)
traveler's Avatar

Originally Posted by BananasWithGuns

Still astounds me how many people tier 1 decks in casual.

It's like, you already know it's one of the best decks in the game, why waste your time in casual when you could play it and win in ranked?

People unfamiliar with the deck may want to be accustomed to the lines of play before putting their rank on the line.
miladesn
Member
(10-08-2017, 09:10 AM)
miladesn's Avatar

Originally Posted by traveler

People unfamiliar with the deck may want to be accustomed to the lines of play before putting their rank on the line.

This is what I don't get. Put what on the line? Rank? Ladder anxiety? In this game? Who cares. There is 0 reason to care about your rank in this game. It's not like you could fall into permanent low MMR and never be able to climb up due to elo hell and bad teams.

You're not going to learn anything in casual mode either way and winning a ranked mode game is at least contributed toward some long term rewards. You're wasting your time playing casual.
Last edited by miladesn; 10-08-2017 at 09:14 AM.
scarlet
Member
(10-08-2017, 09:12 AM)
scarlet's Avatar

Originally Posted by miladesn

This is what I don't get. Put what on the line? Rank? Ladder anxiety? In this game? Who cares.

I have this actually, losing is fine, but losing stars makes me anxious.

This is why I take a break after I won 1-2 games.
fertygo
Member
(10-08-2017, 09:19 AM)
fertygo's Avatar
clearing quest in casual for shit class is a real thing tho

like I don't want clearing quest with secret hunter in relevant rank
Familienoberhauptvogel
Member
(10-08-2017, 10:06 AM)
Familienoberhauptvogel's Avatar
I'm not gonna waste a win streak just to complete a quest
BananasWithGuns
Member
(10-08-2017, 10:13 AM)
BananasWithGuns's Avatar
I may just quit til next expansion anyway. The game is essentially Curvestone + Priest right now, just not having any fun with it whatsoever.

Really all the Druid nerf did was expose the rest of the issues with the game. One day Blizzard will stop making overpowered 1-3 drops.
fertygo
Member
(10-08-2017, 10:48 AM)
fertygo's Avatar
there is not much early curve tbh, but patches is goddamn poison

in fact all of early drop is simply outclasses by patches
Last edited by fertygo; 10-08-2017 at 11:01 AM.
scarlet
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:41 PM)
scarlet's Avatar
My priest was down to 1 HP and still won against 25 HP warlock.
Familienoberhauptvogel
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:48 PM)
Familienoberhauptvogel's Avatar

Originally Posted by scarlet

My priest was down to 1 HP and still won against 25 HP warlock.

Keleseth decks are terrible at regaining the board. If you clear the board on turn 6 their Bonemares are straight garbage.
jakonovski
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:49 PM)
jakonovski's Avatar
What's the status of Paladin aggro right now? I crafted a deck and it seems around rank 17 everyone is playing tons of mass removal and card advantage taunters, rendering any deck that doesn't play equivalent bombs kinda irrelevant.
scarlet
Member
(10-08-2017, 01:39 PM)
scarlet's Avatar

Originally Posted by Familienoberhauptvogel

Keleseth decks are terrible at regaining the board. If you clear the board on turn 6 their Bonemares are straight garbage.

Yup, I don't know the exact number, but pretty sure my record against warlock and rogue is over 75%. I'd gladly face them over jade druid.
slightconfuse
(10-08-2017, 04:03 PM)
slightconfuse's Avatar
Why is everyone putting cairne in Thier rogue decks?
miladesn
Member
(10-08-2017, 04:24 PM)
miladesn's Avatar
that feeling when cobalt scalebane buffs that 2 attack minion so everything dies to Anduin. lmao.
fertygo
Member
(10-08-2017, 04:25 PM)
fertygo's Avatar

Originally Posted by slightconfuse

Why is everyone putting cairne in Thier rogue decks?

Bonemare/Cold blood target

Even for scalebane
wiibomb
Member
(10-08-2017, 04:26 PM)
wiibomb's Avatar

Originally Posted by slightconfuse

Why is everyone putting cairne in Thier rogue decks?

I have been seeing this recently and I don't get it either...

Why cairne with no n'zoth?


Originally Posted by fertygo

Bonemare/Cold blood target

Even for scalebane

Oh... i still think its pretty terrible
miladesn
Member
(10-08-2017, 04:28 PM)
miladesn's Avatar
Cairne guarantees Bonemare target even in mirror, can't slayer that. It's good against priest in general.
fertygo
Member
(10-08-2017, 05:07 PM)
fertygo's Avatar
Cairne is great in tempo rogue most list already played him

Its pretty hard to remove for every meta deck

Need 2 card akward combo at very least
slightconfuse
(10-08-2017, 05:44 PM)
slightconfuse's Avatar
That makes sense. Seemed awkward to me
TankUP
Member
(10-08-2017, 06:12 PM)
TankUP's Avatar
A lot of tempo rogue's best plays mean you have to have a minion on board, and Cairne tends to stick around. I switched to a Cairne list and it's a lot better than what I was using before.
cackhyena
Member
(10-08-2017, 07:00 PM)
cackhyena's Avatar
Feels like every other deck is roping to get all their plays off. Like, they need that much time to kill me slowly. Priest, especially with his undead version and zero mana for healing/hurting. Infuriating.
Miletius
Member
(10-08-2017, 07:10 PM)
Miletius's Avatar

Originally Posted by fertygo

there is not much early curve tbh, but patches is goddamn poison

in fact all of early drop is simply outclasses by patches

Definitely. I had Play Druid Cards, Play Battlecry, Play Beasts quest. Made a jank Druid beast deck and played it in casual this morning. Luckily I don't have to win, cause the deck was abysmal -- it's made solely to get those quests out of the way.

Thread Tools