• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

TheSecondSpitter
Member
(10-04-2017, 09:36 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar

Originally Posted by PintSizedSlasher

For me there was a button on the Battlefront games page on PSN store. (EU)

Originally Posted by VonGreckler

Search beta in the PS store and it should be on the results list. At least, that's how I did it on US psn

It says not available for purchase on the Beta page.
VonGreckler
Junior Member
(10-04-2017, 09:38 AM)
VonGreckler's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSecondSpitter

It says not available for purchase on the Beta page.

Where did you preorder from? I would contact ea support saying you got a faulty code
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(10-04-2017, 09:41 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar

Originally Posted by VonGreckler

Where did you preorder from? I would contact ea support saying you got a faulty code

It shows up on my SEN account, but not my playstation store account. Seriously, Sony couldn't organize a fuck in a brothel.
Ozorov
Member
(10-04-2017, 09:58 AM)
Ozorov's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palpable

Thanks man

Check your PM.

And please let me know if it works.
Last edited by Ozorov; 10-04-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Ozorov
Member
(10-04-2017, 10:00 AM)
Ozorov's Avatar
Downloading now. Hype
Palpable
Member
(10-04-2017, 10:56 AM)
Palpable's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ozorov

Check your PM.

And please let me know if it works.

Unfortunately the codes are region locked. They're not working in the NA store... unless the codes won't work yet due to the beta not being out in the NA store yet? IDK
PintSizedSlasher
Member
(10-04-2017, 02:42 PM)
PintSizedSlasher's Avatar
Hey guys, wanted to ask in here first: anyone need a code for PS4? (EU)
Got an email from Sony with a code to share with someone.

Edit: gone
Last edited by PintSizedSlasher; 10-04-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Ozorov
Member
(10-04-2017, 05:29 PM)
Ozorov's Avatar
So thoughts from Battlefront-veterans?
SG-17
Member
(10-04-2017, 06:15 PM)
SG-17's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ozorov

So thoughts from Battlefront-veterans?

Its amazing. I was worried that they would overcorrect the shooting since so many crybabies didn't like it (while I loved it), but they didn't. Hipfire and strafe shooting is still very viable.
Ozorov
Member
(10-04-2017, 06:25 PM)
Ozorov's Avatar

Originally Posted by SG-17

Its amazing. I was worried that they would overcorrect the shooting since so many crybabies didn't like it (while I loved it), but they didn't. Hipfire and strafe shooting is still very viable.

The game is growing on me. I guess I was not used to it in the beginning. Love the new star fighters, even if its hard as fuck in the beginning.

Love strike.
Last edited by Ozorov; 10-04-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Oynox
Member
(10-04-2017, 06:51 PM)
Oynox's Avatar
It is hard to look beyond the ugly graphics but the gameplay itself is definitely an improvement over the first one although I am not quite sure if I like the new reload mechanic.
PintSizedSlasher
Member
(10-04-2017, 07:16 PM)
PintSizedSlasher's Avatar
It doesn't have the same impact on me as the first Battlefront beta.
I guess the gameplay is fine, but I'm not digging the maps I think.
It also doesn't help that it looks pretty bad on Pro.
But I said the exact same about the Battlefield 1 beta and that turned out to be one of my favorite games of last year..... so there's hope...
GeeTeeCee
Member
(10-04-2017, 08:52 PM)
GeeTeeCee's Avatar
Other than a few minor gripes with the Naboo map, the changes to starfighter handling and the UI not looking as clean as the previous game, I'm quite enjoying the beta.
Palpable
Member
(10-05-2017, 03:15 AM)
Palpable's Avatar
It feels so different from the first game and the UI/menus are so jumbled. I'm not liking this so far...
SG-17
Member
(10-05-2017, 12:25 PM)
SG-17's Avatar
Something is off about the game. I don't know if it's the low FOV, low TTK, or how the blaster bolts aren't nearly as visible as before, but the gunplay isn't as good as the 2015 game.

Also I hate how Starfighters control now.
FN-2187
Member
(10-05-2017, 01:02 PM)
FN-2187's Avatar
Finally got past the User Agreement freeze issue on Xbox to play the game. I've only played three games of Galactic Assault so far. Early impressions:

NEGATIVES
- I thought people were overreacting, but they are right: the use of CA is absolutely horrible and out of place; I beg Dice to remove it or at least give the option to turn it off
- This may just be the CA, but the game doesn't look near as clean as the first one, which makes it feel like a slight graphical downgrade
- I don't like Rey, Han, etc in the prequels; wish they would keep heroes/villains era appropriate, at least in Galactic Assault, since that is the mode (at least in my mind) that should be striving to most closely replicate the films
- I know this is a beta, but this seems pretty rough compared to the beta for the first game. Performance is well below solid 60 on Xbox and there were a lot of visual glitches and random slow down (again, I don't recall any issues like that with the beta for the first game). I think this might have a rough launch and it will be a couple of months before the glitches are worked out

POSITIVES
- The gameplay/gunplay feels different from the first but I still like it, and I didn't have any issues with how the game played (although I miss the jump pack)
- I like buying heroes with battle points rather than finding a token on the map, since I could never be bothered remembering the locations and trying to seek them out, so I could go a week without being a hero
- I had a lot of fun (most important thing!)
Palpable
Member
(10-05-2017, 11:49 PM)
Palpable's Avatar

Originally Posted by FN-2187

- I like buying heroes with battle points rather than finding a token on the map, since I could never be bothered remembering the locations and trying to seek them out, so I could go a week without being a hero

They were random spawns. Mostly would appear by uplinks if rebels.
MMarston
Was getting caught part of your plan?
(10-06-2017, 02:48 AM)
MMarston's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palpable

They were random spawns. Mostly would appear by uplinks if rebels.

No, there were definitely fixed locations for them. I remember at least three of them were a certainty in terms of their locations.

Frequency is always up in the air though
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:15 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar

Originally Posted by SG-17

I think I will go with |OT| Sequels are Built on Hope

Given the response of the Beta, maybe you should go for Naboo Boogaloo instead?

Also, its trending:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...highlight=2049
Last edited by TheSecondSpitter; 10-06-2017 at 10:26 AM.
SG-17
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:08 PM)
SG-17's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSecondSpitter

Given the response of the Beta, maybe you should go for Naboo Boogaloo instead?

Also, its trending:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...highlight=2049

I don't even get the reference.
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(10-06-2017, 01:56 PM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar
Every sequel with the number 2 is subtitled "Electric Boogaloo" because of the campy 80's movie that has a ridiculous cult-following called:

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

The joke is, nobody is quite sure what Boogaloo means (it's a Latin dance) other than it rhymes with "2",.

We are lucky that "2" and "Boogaloo" also rhymes with Naboo, hence MMarston's hilarious suggestion.

In the other thread, somebody suggested "Electric Naboo-galoo"


There are actually rumors that the Deadpool sequel will carry the "Electric Boogaloo" subtitle.
Last edited by TheSecondSpitter; 10-06-2017 at 02:02 PM.
SG-17
Member
(10-06-2017, 02:02 PM)
SG-17's Avatar
I'll definently take that into consideration now.
B1G_A1AN
Member
(10-06-2017, 06:35 PM)
B1G_A1AN's Avatar

Originally Posted by Palpable

It feels so different from the first game and the UI/menus are so jumbled. I'm not liking this so far...


Originally Posted by SG-17

Something is off about the game. I don't know if it's the low FOV, low TTK, or how the blaster bolts aren't nearly as visible as before, but the gunplay isn't as good as the 2015 game.

Also I hate how Starfighters control now.

I agree, it feel very different to the fist game, this is worse :(
PintSizedSlasher
Member
(10-06-2017, 07:33 PM)
PintSizedSlasher's Avatar
Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(10-06-2017, 07:53 PM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar

Originally Posted by PintSizedSlasher

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Well, that's exactly how I feel and I'm not even paying attention to the lootboxes atm

If DICE is paying any attention to the meltdowns on reddit I suspect a lot stuff is going to get patched.

I'm very tempted to cancel my pre-order, because I have pretty low expectations for the Single Player campaign and I pick-it up when (if) DICE patch certain things.
FN-2187
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:00 PM)
FN-2187's Avatar

Originally Posted by SG-17

I'll definently take that into consideration now.

I wouldn't. Electric Boogaloo references stopped being funny 15 years ago.
SG-17
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:08 PM)
SG-17's Avatar

Originally Posted by B1G_A1AN

I agree, it feel very different to the fist game, this is worse :(

Playing more, its different but I don't think it's worse. Not if they fix the blaster bolt visibility.
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:22 PM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar

Originally Posted by FN-2187

I wouldn't. Electric Boogaloo references stopped being funny 15 years ago.

Wrong:

Originally Posted by The Hermit

Awesome title

WillyFive
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:48 PM)
WillyFive's Avatar

Originally Posted by SG-17

I'll definently take that into consideration now.

Don't, its terrible and cliche. Use what you had before.
SG-17
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:53 PM)
SG-17's Avatar
I'm more inclined to use a play on a line from the movies like the last two OTs have.
Not Spaceghost
Spaceghost
(10-06-2017, 10:43 PM)
Not Spaceghost's Avatar
Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Hokey lootcrates and rare drops are no match for a good hero spawn at your side, kid.
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(10-07-2017, 11:53 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar
I'm more against giving the sequel an overly positive subtitle which unlike the 2015 game would be undeserved.

Lets be honest, DICE have sucked all the fun out of the gameplay and they should be held accountable, like they are being called out on reddit.
Ozorov
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:09 PM)
Ozorov's Avatar

Originally Posted by SG-17

Playing more, its different but I don't think it's worse. Not if they fix the blaster bolt visibility.

Kinda my impressions as well, wish maybe they tweaked it a little more to the "arcade" side.

And that Theed GA-map isn't so fun.
SG-17
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:42 PM)
SG-17's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSecondSpitter

I'm more against giving the sequel an overly positive subtitle which unlike the 2015 game would be undeserved.

Lets be honest, DICE have sucked all the fun out of the gameplay and they should be held accountable, like they are being called out on reddit.

Find a movie quote that can be easily turned into one criticizing the gunplay and I'll use it.

Originally Posted by Ozorov

Kinda my impressions as well, wish maybe they tweaked it a little more to the "arcade" side.

And that Theed GA-map isn't so fun.

I can't settle on an opinion. The other day I was having fun, last night I was not. I consistently had fun with the 2015 game (except when I ran into bacta bitches). They overcorrect on the gunplay and it fucking pisses me off.
Boss X
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:48 PM)
Boss X's Avatar
Battlefront on PS4 still has over 10k players on a Saturday afternoon despite the beta being open lol

MMarston
Was getting caught part of your plan?
(10-07-2017, 07:13 PM)
MMarston's Avatar

Originally Posted by SG-17

I'm more inclined to use a play on a line from the movies like the last two OTs have.

|OT| Bring balance to the guns, not leave them in darkness!
|OT| Try rolling. That's a good trick.
|OT| Your shots are one in a million
Last edited by MMarston; 10-07-2017 at 07:17 PM.
FN-2187
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:36 PM)
FN-2187's Avatar
Rocket troopers are really frigging annoying
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(10-08-2017, 08:39 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar
|OT| Thatís not how the Battlefront works
|OT| Attack of the Crates
|OT| Begun, the Crate War has
|OT| Loot crates are our specialty
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(10-08-2017, 08:43 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar
|OT| A millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced
PintSizedSlasher
Member
(10-08-2017, 09:31 AM)
PintSizedSlasher's Avatar
|OT| You were the chosen one! *screams in anguish*
Oynox
Member
(10-08-2017, 10:56 AM)
Oynox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss X

Battlefront on PS4 still has over 10k players on a Saturday afternoon despite the beta being open lol

Amazing that even the Xbox version still has so many active players.

Originally Posted by TheSecondSpitter

|OT| Begun, the Crate War has

I love this one.
EatChildren
Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
(10-08-2017, 12:23 PM)
EatChildren's Avatar
It was fun occasionally engaging and debating with you guys in this thread, but I won't be doing it for Battlefront II. What a disappointment.
MrDaravon
Member
(10-08-2017, 01:45 PM)
MrDaravon's Avatar
Regardless of anything else it's been fascinating to see the incredibly wide range of opinions on BF2 from the entire spectrum of how people felt on the first game. I've seen people who loved BF1 either love or hate BF2, and I've people who hated BF1 love or continue to hate BF2, and everything in-between.

I'm largely fine with the game (as least so far as what we have access to/know), but it does seem like they maybe tried to please too many masters with this one. I feel like we really need the final game to be out to get a better idea though, I could still see opinions turn one way or the other.
Ozorov
Member
(10-08-2017, 01:50 PM)
Ozorov's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrDaravon

Regardless of anything else it's been fascinating to see the incredibly wide range of opinions on BF2 from the entire spectrum of how people felt on the first game. I've seen people who loved BF1 either love or hate BF2, and I've people who hated BF1 love or continue to hate BF2, and everything in-between.

I'm largely fine with the game (as least so far as what we have access to/know), but it does seem like they maybe tried to please too many masters with this one. I feel like we really need the final game to be out to get a better idea though, I could still see opinions turn one way or the other.

Seems like I'm the only one in here that will buy the game at launch :). I'm having fun with the beta.
MrDaravon
Member
(10-08-2017, 02:03 PM)
MrDaravon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ozorov

Seems like I'm the only one in here that will buy the game at launch :). I'm having fun with the beta.

I'm for the most part having fun with it; if they address blaster fire not being that visible/improve feedback that will be a huge win in my book.

Typically with any MP/shooter my enjoyment is largely determined by finding a setup I like even if it's not the "best", and I've found a few things I like so far in the Beta that I'm pretty okay with. But there will obviously be more guns etc in the final game so I feel confident I'll find something to my liking. I've got whatever digital deluxe bullshit edition pre-ordered so I'm still there day one no matter what. I've got a friend that I mostly hang out with through playing Battlefront 1, and we both love Star Wars so even if I wasn't liking the beta as much as I am I would still be on board for better or worse ;)
PintSizedSlasher
Member
(10-08-2017, 02:06 PM)
PintSizedSlasher's Avatar

Originally Posted by EatChildren

What a disappointment.

Battlefront 2 or our conduct in this thread as of late? :-)

Originally Posted by Ozorov

Seems like I'm the only one in here that will buy the game at launch :). I'm having fun with the beta.

I'll let my pre-order stand. Still not convinced by the beta (although Starfighter Assault is really growing on me), but they'll get the benefit of the doubt. Somehow I feel I owe it to them for giving me so much enjoyment from the first game.
We'll see how it turns out...
Ozorov
Member
(10-08-2017, 02:09 PM)
Ozorov's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrDaravon

I'm for the most part having fun with it; if they address blaster fire not being that visible/improve feedback that will be a huge win in my book.

Typically with any MP/shooter my enjoyment is largely determined by finding a setup I like even if it's not the "best", and I've found a few things I like so far in the Beta that I'm pretty okay with. But there will obviously be more guns etc in the final game so I feel confident I'll find something to my liking. I've got whatever digital deluxe bullshit edition pre-ordered so I'm still there day one no matter what. I've got a friend that I mostly hang out with through playing Battlefront 1, and we both love Star Wars so even if I wasn't liking the beta as much as I am I would still be on board for better or worse ;)

Yeah that's my biggest con atm. I know people having a lot of problems with CA or whatever it's called. And they've said they will tone that down to the full game. "Cinematic effects (lens distortion, filmgrain, chromatic aberration) will be toned down in the full game."

Originally Posted by PintSizedSlasher

Battlefront 2 or our conduct in this thread as of late? :-)



I'll let my pre-order stand. Still not convinced by the beta (although Starfighter Assault is really growing on me), but they'll get the benefit of the doubt. Somehow I feel I owe it to them for giving me so much enjoyment from the first game.
We'll see how it turns out...

Yeah SA is really growing on me too, major upgrade from the first game imo. I hated flying in the first game.
WillyFive
Member
(10-08-2017, 03:17 PM)
WillyFive's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSecondSpitter

|OT| Begun, the Crate War has

This is the only one outside the original Hope one that I like.
SG-17
Member
(10-08-2017, 04:28 PM)
SG-17's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ozorov

Seems like I'm the only one in here that will buy the game at launch :). I'm having fun with the beta.

No, I'm still keeping my preorder. It's fun for what it is, even if it isn't as fun as the 2015 game.

Thread Tools