• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

HeySeuss
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:29 AM)
HeySeuss's Avatar

Originally Posted by Funky Papa

I have to say... Yo-yo kind of won me over during the last couple of episodes.

I still think she's better in small doses, though. I don't know why, but I find her acting a bit... jarring?

Not as jarring as May is with her always angry shtick
iosefe
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:39 AM)
iosefe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze

Random aside...

Looks like The Orville is a decent show. Not as bad as the promos made it look anyway. I guess Adrianne Palicki is gone for good, but at least she found something decent!

my mom is an old trekkie and likes the show. maybe i'll watch it one of these days
LotusHD
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:40 AM)
LotusHD's Avatar

Originally Posted by HeySeuss

Not as jarring as May is with her always angry shtick

May hate in 2017 brehs
BrokenFiction
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:35 AM)
BrokenFiction's Avatar
Briana Venskus spotted with the SHIELD cast at NYCC. Hope she gets bumped up too.
Pai Pai Master
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:07 AM)
Pai Pai Master's Avatar

Originally Posted by BrokenFiction

Briana Venskus spotted with the SHIELD cast at NYCC. Hope she gets bumped up too.

Glad she'll be back, I like her and want to see more of her.
iosefe
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:20 AM)
iosefe's Avatar
ayy, more Agent Piper


Supergirl will miss Agent Vasquez
StarCreator
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:58 AM)
StarCreator's Avatar

Originally Posted by iosefe

ayy, more Agent Piper


Supergirl will miss Agent Vasquez

It was still cool of Supergirl to still bring her in at least one episode despite having moved to Vancouver. Jessie Graff got an episode too despite also being LA-based.

Things like that are certainly less likely to happen if she becomes a regular at SHIELD, but I can't think of how they'd get quite that much mileage from the character.
strafer
member
(10-07-2017, 11:44 AM)
strafer's Avatar
I want Agent Ward back.
Keyser Soze
Member
(10-07-2017, 11:58 AM)
Keyser Soze's Avatar

Originally Posted by strafer

I want Agent Ward back.

We just had that, and it worked as an interesting offshoot to the real Ward storyline.

I honestly dont want him back for real, as if he comes back it means storytelling in the show has no permanence. I'd like Aida back too, but for the same reason as Ward I'd rather all forms of her stay dead.

Writing new interesting characters and looking to the future is what all shows should strive for. Acknowledging the past, but not relying on it is best for both the writers and fans, as we'll get new amazing things to miss when they are gone.
Jest Chillin
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:29 PM)
Jest Chillin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze

We just had that, and it worked as an interesting offshoot to the real Ward storyline.

I honestly dont want him back for real, as if he comes back it means storytelling in the show has no permanence. I'd like Aida back too, but for the same reason as Ward I'd rather all forms of her stay dead.

Writing new interesting characters and looking to the future is what all shows should strive for. Acknowledging the past, but not relying on it is best for both the writers and fans, as we'll get new amazing things to miss when they are gone.

This is a well reasoned response. Unfortunately the reality is... "but comics though!"
Pachimari
Member
(10-07-2017, 02:29 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar
4.5 hours till the NYCC panel from this post. We will likely learn what the season will be about.
BrokenFiction
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:38 PM)
BrokenFiction's Avatar
BrokenFiction
Member
(10-07-2017, 03:51 PM)
BrokenFiction's Avatar
Platy
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:30 PM)
Platy's Avatar
if it quacks like a sword it is a sword
Htown
STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
(10-07-2017, 04:38 PM)
Htown's Avatar

Originally Posted by BrokenFiction

Pretty sure SWORD is tied to the X-Men license, so that's not surprising.

Originally Posted by BrokenFiction

Cool!
Broken Joystick
At least you can talk. Who are you?
(10-07-2017, 04:47 PM)
Broken Joystick's Avatar
God I hope they do a whole third of a season in space (budget allowing).
Mariolee
Member
(10-07-2017, 04:59 PM)
Mariolee's Avatar

Originally Posted by BrokenFiction

To be honest it's felt like they've appeared in every season in some form anyway lol
caliph95
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:06 PM)
caliph95's Avatar
Maybe they will be prominent this time

Originally Posted by Mariolee

To be honest it's felt like they've appeared in every season in some form anyway lol

Part of my favorite movie tie in....”It will lead to a ....CIVIL WAR”
Pai Pai Master
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:24 PM)
Pai Pai Master's Avatar
Fuckin hate all this licensing bullshit. Narratively there's no reason to take SHIELD to space and not have SWORD involved or at least build to its creation from there.

Not like FOX is ever gonna use SWORD.
Jest Chillin
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:30 PM)
Jest Chillin's Avatar
I look forward to Agents of SABRE/GLADIUS/FOIL/RAPIER/SCIMITAR/CUTLASS/KATANA this season.
caliph95
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:42 PM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pai Pai Master

Fuckin hate all this licensing bullshit. Narratively there's no reason to take SHIELD to space and not have SWORD involved or at least build to its creation from there.

Not like FOX is ever gonna use SWORD.

Well I guess time for the absolutely completely original SPEAR with a purple hair half alien boss
mackaveli
Member
(10-07-2017, 06:31 PM)
Is the panel going on now or later today? And will we get a trailer?
Tetsujin_MK
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:25 PM)
Tetsujin_MK's Avatar
Season 5 premieres Dec 1!
Last edited by Tetsujin_MK; 10-07-2017 at 07:28 PM.
Pachimari
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:55 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar

Originally Posted by mackaveli

Is the panel going on now or later today? And will we get a trailer?

Don’t expect a trailer.

Also the premiere will be 2 hours. Will be horror/sci-if. And will be bloodier than most previous episodes.

Pilot has a headscrarching Season 3 call back. Great effects.

Clark Gregg directs Episode 6 which willl have a kickass fight scene and lots of humor.
Last edited by Pachimari; 10-07-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Wingfan19
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:10 PM)
Wingfan19's Avatar
How many episodes will season 5 have? Was it cut short? I'm really hoping that since they're in space they can end the show right with a tie in to Infinity War somehow, but that would mean it needs to run till at least May 11th
BrokenFiction
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:11 PM)
BrokenFiction's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wingfan19

How many episodes will season 5 have? Was it cut short? I'm really hoping that since they're in space they can end the show right with a tie in to Infinity War somehow, but that would mean it needs to run till at least May 11th

They got a full season order.
Fuzzy
I would bang a hot farmer!
(10-07-2017, 08:13 PM)
Fuzzy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tetsujin_MK

Season 5 premieres Dec 1!

I called that date as the most likely. It didn't make sense for them to start the week after Inhumans ended because the week after that would be Thanksgiving and they wouldn't air a new episode on that Friday. Them starting on December 1st with a double episode is just like them starting right after Inhumans ends and then skipping Thanksgiving with the second episodes being on December 1st but without the annoying break.
Wingfan19
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:19 PM)
Wingfan19's Avatar

Originally Posted by BrokenFiction

They got a full season order.

Ok, then it lines up just fine. They technically could run episodes for 3 weeks in December (which would be 4 episodes including the 2 hour premiere), take 4 weeks off for the holiday break, come back on Jan 12th then run every Friday until May 11th which would end at 22 episodes. Though I know they'll probably take a few weeks off here and there due to whatever ABC is doing at the time. So that'll push them a few weeks out past May 11th when they end it.
Zero-ELEC
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:04 PM)
Zero-ELEC's Avatar
Blooper reel
Pachimari
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:13 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar
Cast describes last season
entrydenied
Member
(10-07-2017, 09:28 PM)
entrydenied's Avatar

Originally Posted by Broken Joystick

God I hope they do a whole third of a season in space (budget allowing).

Like I said before earlier when the season ended, space should be cheaper for them. Indoor shoots of plain rooms and corridors, with windows showing space should be cheaper than episodes with outdoor shooting :)
Fuzzy
I would bang a hot farmer!
(10-07-2017, 09:31 PM)
Fuzzy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zero-ELEC

Blooper reel

HeySeuss
Member
(10-07-2017, 10:29 PM)
HeySeuss's Avatar

Originally Posted by LotusHD

May hate in 2017 brehs

I've always hated Mays character and have been vocal about it every season. She drags down almost every scene she's in and there's no character growth or development. I have no doubt she's a good actor but I can't stand her in this show.
Pachimari
Member
(10-07-2017, 11:36 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar

Originally Posted by HeySeuss

I've always hated Mays character and have been vocal about it every season. She drags down almost every scene she's in and there's no character growth or development. I have no doubt she's a good actor but I can't stand her in this show.

Have been vocal about this too. They need to either expand her emotional range or give her more interesting stuff to play off, or just finally cut out the character entirely.
Mariolee
Member
(10-08-2017, 09:13 AM)
Mariolee's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zero-ELEC

Blooper reel

Holy shit the FitzMack shippers got a good clip out of that one.
dbztrk
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Mariolee

Holy shit the FitzMack shippers got a good clip out of that one.

Yup. We sure did. :)
Broken Joystick
At least you can talk. Who are you?
(10-09-2017, 06:47 PM)
Broken Joystick's Avatar
Season 5 synopsis.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” returns for its fifth exciting season. Agent Coulson and the team escaped LMD Aida’s Framework and awakened in the real world. Little did they know that Aida was now fully human – and with multiple Inhuman abilities – with the dangerous notion that, with Fitz by her side, she could change the world. After defeating her with the aid of Ghost Rider, the team went out for a celebration but were interrupted by a mysterious man who rendered them frozen. The next thing we see is Coulson onboard a ship … in space.

Coulson will discover that some, but not all, of his S.H.I.E.L.D. colleagues were taken with him and placed onboard the ship. As they come in contact with some of the vessel’s inhabitants, it becomes abundantly clear that something has gone terribly awry, and the team will need to figure out their role and delve deeper into this nightmarish mystery to try to right what has gone incredibly wrong.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” was co-created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, who also serve as executive producers along with Jeffrey Bell, Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory.

Htown
STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
(10-09-2017, 06:56 PM)
Htown's Avatar
Yo-Yo got promoted to the main cast?
Broken Joystick
At least you can talk. Who are you?
(10-09-2017, 06:59 PM)
Broken Joystick's Avatar

Originally Posted by Htown

Yo-Yo got promoted to the main cast?

Yup!

caliph95
Member
(10-09-2017, 07:00 PM)
caliph95's Avatar
Sounds like that we are doing that Dark matter show in syfy except no amnesia

Guess I know why they mentioned Kree
Danthrax
Batteries the CRISIS!
(10-09-2017, 07:17 PM)
Danthrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by Htown

Yo-Yo got promoted to the main cast?

.

Originally Posted by BrokenFiction

Yo-Yo upped to series regular for Season 5. :)

https://deadline.com/2017/10/marvel-...on-1202182386/

Glass Rebel
Member
(10-10-2017, 11:45 AM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar
Posted this in the MCU thread but...

There's apparently spoilers out for the Agents of SHIELD S5 premiere and this one stuck out:

There’s a new mysterious character whose mask resembles Star Lord’s mixed with Iron Man’s helmet.

Complete 100% speculation:

Could it be my boy Jack Flagg?
Keyser Soze
Member
(10-10-2017, 12:51 PM)
Keyser Soze's Avatar

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

Posted this in the MCU thread but...

There's apparently spoilers out for the Agents of SHIELD S5 premiere and this one stuck out:



Complete 100% speculation:

Could it be my boy Jack Flagg?

Ironheart / Riri Williams. Would be good to see SHIELD tackle a more modern character
Khaz
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:41 PM)
Khaz's Avatar
I'm definitely not reading that.

But I know by the time the season arrives, it will be old news and people will have posted it untagged :(
Fuu
Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
(10-10-2017, 09:21 PM)
Fuu's Avatar
http://www.cbr.com/agents-of-shield-...icki-season-5/

Lance is showing up again, but not Bobbi? This ain’t right.
Anoregon
The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
(10-10-2017, 09:25 PM)
Anoregon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Khaz

I'm definitely not reading that.

But I know by the time the season arrives, it will be old news and people will have posted it untagged :(

Holy shit, Thanos is in season 5!?
kirblar
Member
(10-10-2017, 09:29 PM)
kirblar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fuu

http://www.cbr.com/agents-of-shield-...icki-season-5/

Lance is showing up again, but not Bobbi? This ain’t right.

Bobbi's stuck on The Orville.

This is all the fault of that stupid failed spinoff.

Thread Tools