• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

MotionBlue
(10-07-2017, 04:37 AM)
I wil honestly be surprised if Genji or Tracer don't get a skin. One of the two seem to get a skin every event.
Dead Prince
(10-07-2017, 04:38 AM)
Emptywallet.gif
THe_DeiCiDe
(10-07-2017, 04:53 AM)
Tower of Latria Zen is amazing.
Blues1990
(10-07-2017, 04:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Salarians

Originally Posted by Nimby

THE FUCKING SYM AND ZEN SKINS ARE GODLY HOLY SHIT

Is Zenyatta supposed to be Cthulhu? Symmetra's Demonic skin is pretty ace!

Originally Posted by spindashing

Jiangshi Mei!

Holy shit! Of all the suggestions, never did I thought they would make Mei into a Jiangshi.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(10-07-2017, 04:58 AM)
The Sym skin is one step closer to Ultralisk Orisa
Terareflection
(10-07-2017, 05:13 AM)
shutupandtakemymoney.gif
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(10-07-2017, 05:15 AM)
I wish I didnt lose the highlight. I killed Reaper with Doomfist around the corner. Stood in the doorway out of sight on the bridge of Eichenwalde and I see Mercy come flying in for that Rez and charge my rocket punch

It was the perfect
Sir Griffith
(10-07-2017, 05:15 AM)
Sym ones pretty damn good, I dunno about the rest. Zen seems cool but I dunno, just too unsettling for me. I'll stick to his epic Halloween skin thanks
FatCatAttack
(10-07-2017, 05:16 AM)
New skins look pretty cute. My last few loot boxes have had nothing but junk in them so hopefully it means I've cleared out enough vanilla skins to guarantee a few of the halloween ones.
SgtWiggles
(10-07-2017, 05:17 AM)
That feel when you are actually going into an event with a buttload of currency already. Have 7k already and sitting on like 23 unopened boxes

Only had to spend like $20 on the Olympic games, hoping to come out cheap again this time too
Owzers
(10-07-2017, 05:29 AM)
Chances for a legendary Winston or rein skin dwindling...

Zen is fantastic.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(10-07-2017, 05:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Owzers

Chances for a legendary Winston or rein skin dwindling...

Zen is fantastic.

As much as I love monkey, Orisa's more due for a legendary as is Ana
Blues1990
(10-07-2017, 05:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Data West

The Sym skin is one step closer to Ultralisk Orisa

Hopefully, we will have this Goliath skin for D.Va sooner than later.

leng jai
(10-07-2017, 05:58 AM)
Do previous year's event skins return for 1K?
Sir Griffith
(10-07-2017, 06:00 AM)

Originally Posted by leng jai

Do previous year's event skins return for 1K?

I'm going to say most definitely.
randome
(10-07-2017, 06:01 AM)
Is this real life? I just twice got paired with a three stack that literally is throwing. They choose widow, mcree, and either hanzo/Winston/rein.
leng jai
(10-07-2017, 06:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Sir Griffith

I'm going to say most definitely.

Guess I'm buying the Mercy witch skin then.
Dead Prince
(10-07-2017, 06:33 AM)
a little drunk trying to play OW lul
Syf
(10-07-2017, 06:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Dead Prince

a little drunk trying to play OW lul

Think about half my time playing ow has been in that state lol

It's good. Fun drinking game with a friend
Dead Prince
(10-07-2017, 06:56 AM)
man. dps is shit. if you want to instalock dps be good at it.
Wyndstryker
(10-07-2017, 07:26 AM)
When the enemy team is so focused on killing your team near spawn that they didn't notice the lone tracer pushing the payload.

The things people get away with in comp sometimes lol
Dead Prince
(10-07-2017, 07:32 AM)
solo healing. LOL they asked for a second healing. i just ask someone take high ground and i'll solo heal as mercy. won it.
ivanthebearable
(10-07-2017, 07:59 AM)
Symmetra’s new skin cured my depression, maxed out my bank account, paid my student loans, ended world hunger, cleared my skin, w
Dead Prince
(10-07-2017, 08:20 AM)
sucks that i didn't have enough for the anniversary symmetry skin. hopefully $40 will be enough for the new stuff.
miladesn
(10-07-2017, 08:27 AM)
My game recently has an issue at times. It reloads the map in middle of a match, like it locks up for a second and goes to loading screen... then goes back to the game normally. It happened twice so far. It's crazy, I have no idea why it happens. Game files check out.
NeoRaider
(10-07-2017, 09:09 AM)
Mei skin is ugly!

But SYMMETRA!!! OMFG THAT SKIN IS PERFECTION!!! WHAT A QUEEN. SHE CAN'T STOP WINNING!

I AM SHOOK!!!!
Last edited by NeoRaider; 10-07-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Blues1990
(10-07-2017, 09:26 AM)
Had a good stream of matches with Mercy tonight (with me as Zarya/Lucio). Good games, BTW.

Post match, we were shooting the shit about Mercy's resurrection, and we both agreed it would be for the better if it was taken out of the game entirely (and she got something else to compensate).
Nuno Pinto
(10-07-2017, 10:37 AM)
God damn those skins, holy fuck.

I guess the trend will continue and all of them will be legendary.

Reaper
McCree
Zen
Symmetra
Mei

That's 5 so far, summer games had 8.

Edit:

Those guns.
Last edited by Nuno Pinto; 10-07-2017 at 10:43 AM.
TrueBlue
(10-07-2017, 11:06 AM)
Cross post from other thread regarding pictures of the new skins:

An interesting detail is that the background for these pictures is inside the Eichenwalde castle throne room, obviously jazzed up for Halloween. Last year the PvE took place at the castle doors, and also served as the menu backdrop.

Confirnation of a Junkenstein sequel/expansion?

Lovely skins btw. That Sym awakens something in me.

Foxxsoxx
(10-07-2017, 11:36 AM)
Played for the first time in a while tonight. I really want to understand why, as someone who has 130 hours of playtime, is consistently matched with people with 1,000+ hours that are clearly way more experienced than I will ever be.

Like dude, I'm a level 160, why are you matching me with 1200s? I know level doesn't measure skill, but it sure does measure knowing the game inside and out.

I swear every match feels like Blizz personally thinks I'm sort of pro because I just can't handle the sweat man.
maomaoIYP
(10-07-2017, 12:24 PM)
Mei skin is totally adorable! Haven't played in a while and I'm traveling for most of the event's duration, feels bad man.
Kor of Memory
(10-07-2017, 12:53 PM)
Holy shit guys!

Not only did I pull off a Zarya FFA win... I fucking knocked in out of the park. Literally had like the perfect set of enemies. This felt great, too, after losing like 5 games as Rein and Mercy getting maybe 7 kills each game.

Edit: This video is like 75% kill steals.
Last edited by Kor of Memory; 10-07-2017 at 01:05 PM.
TWrecks310
(10-07-2017, 01:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Nimby

THE FUCKING SYM AND ZEN SKINS ARE GODLY HOLY SHIT

Originally Posted by spindashing

Jiangshi Mei!

GODDAMN
Kor of Memory
(10-07-2017, 02:15 PM)
I don't understand the Mei reference. Can someone point me to a wiki or something?
FiveSix4Three
(10-07-2017, 03:14 PM)
I've always liked and played zen pretty well, but this new skin is going to make me main him. Mercy beggars be damned.
Nuno Pinto
(10-07-2017, 03:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Kor of Memory

I don't understand the Mei reference. Can someone point me to a wiki or something?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiangshi
I-hate-u
(10-07-2017, 04:30 PM)
All these skins for low tier characters.

Blizzard be trolling.
Incendiary
(10-07-2017, 04:31 PM)
Ilithid Zen is amazing. I want it now. :(
Kor of Memory
(10-07-2017, 04:35 PM)

Holy shit guys!

Not only did I pull off a Zarya FFA win... I fucking knocked in out of the park. Literally had like the perfect set of enemies. This felt great, too, after losing like 5 games as Rein and Mercy getting maybe 7 kills each game.

Edit: This video is like 75% kill steals.

Dear Diary,

Today was a good day.

Veelk
(10-07-2017, 04:38 PM)

Dear Diary,

Today was a good day.

Man, you're burning through these.

How many more characters do you have to go?
Anne
(10-07-2017, 04:40 PM)
Talked about it in the discord, but I guess I'll mention it here. I'm pretty sure I've hit the point of no return with not playing OVerwatch much more.

-It hasn't been installed on my PC in some time.
-I haven't even played a single ranked match this season
-I've stopped watching streams
-I have not even watched that much APEX or Contenders
-I don't visit either of the major subreddits anymore.

Like I was still checking out streams and data and doing deathmatches from time to time but now I don't even do that anymore. By the time 2018 rolls around I picture myself being so far gone I can't even realistically comment on the game anymore. Oh well.
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
(10-07-2017, 04:42 PM)

Originally Posted by FiveSix4Three

I've always liked and played zen pretty well, but this new skin is going to make me main him. Mercy beggars be damned.

Witch got me to main Mercy and Sanzang got me to main Zen.
pizzacat
(10-07-2017, 04:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Anne

Talked about it in the discord, but I guess I'll mention it here. I'm pretty sure I've hit the point of no return with not playing OVerwatch much more.

Like I was still checking out streams and data and doing deathmatches from time to time but now I don't even do that anymore. By the time 2018 rolls around I picture myself being so far gone I can't even realistically comment on the game anymore. Oh well.

But the event is about to start? Cosmetics!!!
Kor of Memory
(10-07-2017, 04:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Veelk

Man, you're burning through these.

How many more characters do you have to go?

Widow, Mercy, and Lucio.

I just fucked up and lost a Lucio game on Chataeu. I was up 18 to 15, but I choked (you'll notice this a pattern in most of my videos). But this is good because it's the first time I've ever come in second as Lucio. All three are just a matter of time, as I've now come in second place with 18 or 19 kills on all three of them.
I-hate-u
(10-07-2017, 04:52 PM)

You'll be back for OWL. Trust. (Unless Blizzard isn't gonna fix Mercy in time for that)
Anne
(10-07-2017, 04:53 PM)

Originally Posted by I-hate-u

You'll be back for OWL. Trust. (Unless Blizzard isn't gonna fix Mercy in time for that)

Mercy has nothing to do with how I feel about the game these days. Balance barely affects how I feel about it. It's just a miserable experience that has morphed far away from the game I really liked and saw in it early on.
Veelk
(10-07-2017, 04:54 PM)

Mercy has nothing to do with how I feel about the game these days.

So what would bring you back?
Anne
(10-07-2017, 04:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Veelk

So what would bring you back?

Basically completely overhaul everything about getting into games. Change QP modes, changed ranked queues. Seriously scrap their entire user experience and idea of how game modes work.

Make a decision to bring designs back towards high powered FPS demigods with explosive mechanics and less away from just being gimped ass MOBA characters that over rely on their teammates for everything.

I gave them well over a year since I started having these problems to remotely fix it. They didn't. In fact it's only gotten worse outside of some minor cases.
randome
(10-07-2017, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by SgtWiggles

Have 7k already and sitting on like 23 unopened boxes

Don’t the boxes only contain what was available when you earned them? May as well open ‘em now!
miladesn
(10-07-2017, 05:03 PM)
when is contenders happening?

Basically completely overhaul everything about getting into games. Change QP modes, changed ranked queues. Seriously scrap their entire user experience and idea of how game modes work.

Make a decision to bring designs back towards high powered FPS demigods with explosive mechanics and less away from just being gimped ass MOBA characters that over rely on their teammates for everything.

I gave them well over a year since I started having these problems to remotely fix it. They didn't. In fact it's only gotten worse outside of some minor cases.

The game you want is Quake Champions. That game might seem like it is ripping off overwatch with heroes or whatever but it doesn't play like OW at all, it's still FPS ass FPS and every character is individually powerful, you can make a difference by yourself and of course no shitty objectives like OW.
Last edited by miladesn; 10-07-2017 at 05:06 PM.