• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Lord Phol
(10-06-2017, 06:40 PM)
Oh man I love me some shitstorm and just saw that they are playing Darkwood! This is going to be a treat!
Lulubop
(10-06-2017, 07:54 PM)
That last podcast was a real good listen, especially the accessibility in fighting games.
KRaZyAmmo
(10-06-2017, 09:13 PM)
Why is there such a early Saturday Morning Scrublords - Angels Eyes.

Bill done fuck up.
Fat4all
(10-06-2017, 09:23 PM)

Originally Posted by KRaZyAmmo

Why is there such a early Saturday Morning Scrublords - Angels Eyes.

Bill done fuck up.

probably the shitstorm moving the schedule around
KRaZyAmmo
(10-06-2017, 09:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Fat4all

probably the shitstorm moving the schedule around

oh yeah that's true. Have we ever had a Scrublord this early?
Fat4all
(10-06-2017, 09:31 PM)

Originally Posted by KRaZyAmmo

oh yeah that's true. Have we ever had a Scrublord this early?

I donít think so.

It was so early, I thought it was actually Saturday and it was late for a second.
Frimaire
(10-06-2017, 10:02 PM)

Originally Posted by ShadyK54

The executions, you mean? Yeah, shit gets zaaaaany.

No, I mean the bad end that happens if Kyoko dies where if flashes forward to Toko being dead and the three remaining guys all fucked Hina and had kids with her.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(10-06-2017, 10:36 PM)
Yo they fucking called that splatfest
Glitchesarecool
(10-06-2017, 10:40 PM)
vampires are just were-bats

so werewolves are superior
NoblesseOblige
(10-06-2017, 10:44 PM)
On a 1:1 basis a werewolf would wreck a vampire. However Vampires either forge alliances within their kind or manipulate/control mortals to do their bidding, creating power in numbers that werewolves can't compete with.
ShadyK54
(10-06-2017, 10:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Frimaire

No, I mean the bad end that happens if Kyoko dies where if flashes forward to Toko being dead and the three remaining guys all fucked Hina and had kids with her.

Uhhhh what the fuck. Gonna have to look into this because this is the first Iíve ever heard of it.
Fat4all
(10-06-2017, 10:58 PM)

Originally Posted by ShadyK54

Uhhhh what the fuck. Gonna have to look into this because this is the first Iíve ever heard of it.

Itís the Bad End of DR1, where they decided to spend the rest of their lives in the school instead.
ShadyK54
(10-06-2017, 11:12 PM)

Itís the Bad End of DR1, where they decided to spend the rest of their lives in the school instead.

Ohhhhh. Yeah, I never did look that up afterwards. Thought nothing would come of it for some reason lol.
FlowersisBritish
fleurs n'est pas britannique
(10-07-2017, 03:47 AM)
Anyone else a little off put by the shit storm videos all being two-parters? Maybe its because we finally hit the point where there's just not enough horror games for Shitstorm. THough, I guess most of these games would have ended at the half hour point so longer looks are nice, but still...
Fat4all
(10-07-2017, 03:53 AM)

Originally Posted by FlowersisBritish

Anyone else a little off put by the shit storm videos all being two-parters? Maybe its because we finally hit the point where there's just not enough horror games for Shitstorm. THough, I guess most of these games would have ended at the half hour point so longer looks are nice, but still...

Was it confirmed all of the Shitstorm vids this year would be two-parters?

I don't think it's such a bad thing. It feels like a decent balance between one-off videos and the week-long parts they've done in the past, and there's certainly been multiple Shitstorm vids they've done as one-offs that I would of preferred more vids of in the past.
FlowersisBritish
fleurs n'est pas britannique
(10-07-2017, 04:08 AM)

Was it confirmed all of the Shitstorm vids this year would be two-parters?

Nah just speculation on my part.
NoblesseOblige
(10-07-2017, 05:37 AM)
I guess they ran out of spoopy fite games to do for October.
Fat4all
(10-07-2017, 05:37 AM)

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige

scrublords is scary enough
DeadPhoenix
(10-07-2017, 06:07 AM)

Nah just speculation on my part.

Iirc they said in the podcast some games would be more parts if they were enjoying them.
Frimaire
(10-07-2017, 07:17 AM)
I mean, Roots of Insanity was already a one-off, so if they were planning on doing all two-parters they already fucked up...
Glitchesarecool
(10-07-2017, 12:10 PM)

Or they found more games they wanted to do longer looks at, as they said on the podcast. I don't think a single episode of Darkwood would have been that great personally.

Steam is filled with endless horror trash so it's nice to have them highlight good spooky games.
Imperfected
(10-07-2017, 12:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Glitchesarecool

You gotta card vampires to figure out what you're dealing with. You don't want to roll up on Count Chocula the same way you'd take the fight to Chuck, blood-sucking redneck.
NoblesseOblige
(10-07-2017, 01:49 PM)

Or they found more games they wanted to do longer looks at, as they said on the podcast. I don't think a single episode of Darkwood would have been that great personally.

Steam is filled with endless horror trash so it's nice to have them highlight good spooky games.

I'm talking about fisticuffs/scrublords. Last year they did horror themed fight games for October.
formated4tv
(10-07-2017, 02:10 PM)

I think it helps with the games they're playing. None of them have been (in my opinion) a decent game-type to only do 20-25 minutes of.

Like, with that crafting/survival game (Darkwood), I don't think either 20ish minute video they did would have been a good video as a standalone, but by at least putting both parts out I feel like there was a whole 'story' told at least.

Yeah, they probably could have cut it into a 30 min video, but you would have missed the backstory part or the attack at the end.

It seems more like they try to end videos on jumpscares (or action).
Glitchesarecool
(10-07-2017, 04:49 PM)

I'm talking about fisticuffs/scrublords. Last year they did horror themed fight games for October.

fite is a very small and easily missable word
Disgraced
(10-07-2017, 07:02 PM)

Maybe its because we finally hit the point where there's just not enough horror games for Shitstorm.

They will not hit that point. There are too many games out there and too many games always coming out. They will not hit that point before them playing horror games becomes too stale to watch.
TC McQueen
(10-08-2017, 03:54 AM)
Man, Karen from Policenauts is basically Paige with a better job and shittier health.
Frimaire
(10-08-2017, 07:41 AM)
Ehhh, I mean, she at least has a better job...
Fat4all
(10-08-2017, 08:21 AM)
Little Nightmares is a fun time
Magnet_Man
(10-08-2017, 10:48 AM)
All this dying at every 40 seconds or so is really heightening the tension.

"Is he going to survive THIS tutorial room!? ...no.
What about THIS tutorial roo-- ...no.
This is just a flight of stairs so surely he won't-- ...oh"
Village
(10-08-2017, 02:31 PM)

Vampires are quite literally the square to a demon's rectangle.

Vampire's win
Glitchesarecool
(10-08-2017, 02:43 PM)
Sounds like Paige might have been on Clemps' podcast.
Exodust
Banned
(10-08-2017, 03:02 PM)

Little Nightmares is a fun time

Yeah, the video convinced me to pick it up for my own horror playthroughs.
TheCthultist
(10-09-2017, 07:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Exodust

Yeah, the video convinced me to pick it up for my own horror playthroughs.

Was really hoping they'd get to the Kitchen before part 2 ended, but i guess its better that people experience that bit for themselves reallly. That said, I'd love to see them do a full LP of it once the Shitstorm's over.
Xux
(10-09-2017, 08:48 AM)
I remember Matt streaming this game so I guess it kinda dulls it for me since I thought it was a bit more boring than Little Nightmares. Not really glad about the multiple parts.
Frimaire
(10-09-2017, 09:54 AM)
smdh, Pat is such a shill for the Communist Party he refuses to even acknowledge the existence of Taiwan.
Lulubop
(10-09-2017, 07:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Xux

I remember Matt streaming this game so I guess it kinda dulls it for me since I thought it was a bit more boring than Little Nightmares. Not really glad about the multiple parts.

Idk, I thought this was the best one yet. Looks like a dope game.
Glitchesarecool
(10-09-2017, 07:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Xux

Eh, not everyone watches his stream and I think he's much better with Pat along for the ride anyway.
Exodust
Banned
(10-09-2017, 10:33 PM)
Policenauts nearing the end and shit is getting hype.

I know it's been an unpopular LP, and parts of it drag, but it's honestly one of my favorite LP's of theirs. Just a lot of great moments.
Frimaire
(10-09-2017, 10:56 PM)
Policenauts is unpopular? I think it's a great LP.

Edit: huh, I guess they only get like ~25k views...
Also wow, Dead space got like 100k pretty consistently.
Glitchesarecool
(10-09-2017, 11:12 PM)

It's because they don't read what's on the screen half the time and it's a point and click adventure.
TC McQueen
(10-09-2017, 11:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Xux

How did it end? I never got to see the stream archive of the ending. The last part I remember seeing was Fang and her teacher might've gone to the movies and gone a little too far.

Policenauts will be a better compilation than LP, although Woolie and Pat not reading most of the lines explains why it's not popular (besides the slow pacing).
NoblesseOblige
(10-09-2017, 11:25 PM)

It's because they don't read what's on the screen half the time and it's a point and click adventure.

This pretty much. I do most my watching at work, which means a lot of the time my eyes are on something else. But this LP demands your visual attention because they don't read, or even attempt to summarize, much of what's being said.
Frimaire
(10-09-2017, 11:28 PM)
Hahaha holy shit, the most recent Policenauts is amazing
They have a ludicrous amount of motivation to go after the bad guys.

Originally Posted by TC McQueen

Policenauts will be a better compilation than LP, although Woolie and Pat not reading most of the lines explains why it's not popular (besides the slow pacing).

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I think there were even a few people earlier in this thread who said they weren't watching for that reason.
NoblesseOblige
(10-09-2017, 11:55 PM)
I'm glad at least Matt and Woolie also saw Bladerunner 2049 since apparently rest the world failed it.
Fat4all
(10-10-2017, 12:08 AM)

I'm glad at least Matt and Woolie also saw Bladerunner 2049 since apparently rest the world failed it.

i was too busy watching ponies
air jordans for dogs
(10-10-2017, 01:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Exodust

Policenauts nearing the end and shit is getting hype.

I know it's been an unpopular LP, and parts of it drag, but it's honestly one of my favorite LP's of theirs. Just a lot of great moments.

Me too, i thought at first that an lp of that game wouldnt work because of its seemingly boring gameplay, but the commentary is good and the story is fun early kojima.
Nomadic Sparks
Banned
(10-10-2017, 02:16 AM)
What was that fighting game the SBFP did that obnoxiously long ass intro and it was for the PS1? Zero something?
Anung
Un Rama
(10-10-2017, 04:30 AM)
Detention didn't do much for me to be honest. Found it very boring. Most videos being 2 parters seems very artificial but I get it.

I do think I'd like a Little Nightmares LP.