• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

kiyomi
Member
(09-30-2017, 03:38 PM)
kiyomi's Avatar
The Airism shirts are very form fitting unless you grossly oversize them. I would just go TTS and not worry about tucking them in, to be honest.

I generally like the two that I have, but I've noticed a few things. While they're extremely comfortable, they do have a tendency to make me sweat a little harder which can keep me cool but is also pretty unpleasant. The roundneck ones also tend to ride up my neck a little higher which is irritating, I'd probably go for a v-neck one in future just so that it doesn't show on my neck underneath my shirt, but maybe your body shape wouldn't have this problem.

Lastly, I've had them for about 6 months now, and both of the shirts have stretched out in the washing quite a bit and are starting to hang loose in a couple of places, which personally is not what I really want in an undershirt.
Easystride
Member
(09-30-2017, 03:55 PM)
Easystride's Avatar

Originally Posted by kiyomi

The Airism shirts are very form fitting unless you grossly oversize them. I would just go TTS and not worry about tucking them in, to be honest.

I generally like the two that I have, but I've noticed a few things. While they're extremely comfortable, they do have a tendency to make me sweat a little harder which can keep me cool but is also pretty unpleasant. The roundneck ones also tend to ride up my neck a little higher which is irritating, I'd probably go for a v-neck one in future just so that it doesn't show on my neck underneath my shirt, but maybe your body shape wouldn't have this problem.

Lastly, I've had them for about 6 months now, and both of the shirts have stretched out in the washing quite a bit and are starting to hang loose in a couple of places, which personally is not what I really want in an undershirt.

Ah, thanks for the heads up, that does not sound like an ideal undershirt. It's so hard to find quality gray undershirts (gray so the sleeves don't show under white dress shirts).
EVOL 100%
Member
(09-30-2017, 04:12 PM)
EVOL 100%'s Avatar
I bought the Tubular Dooms, I'm pretty happy with them

entremet
Member
(09-30-2017, 04:51 PM)
entremet's Avatar

Originally Posted by acohrs

isn't boxy style in again?

Nope.
FallingEdge
Member
(09-30-2017, 04:52 PM)
FallingEdge's Avatar
The sole of the dooms bother me. I don't like that gap in the middle.
kiyomi
Member
(09-30-2017, 04:55 PM)
kiyomi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Easystride

Ah, thanks for the heads up, that does not sound like an ideal undershirt. It's so hard to find quality gray undershirts (gray so the sleeves don't show under white dress shirts).

To be fair they're cheap enough that you could pick up one and see if it works for you. They're not bad, and I like having that extra layer of warmth, but yeah, I have to believe there are some better options out there.
RS4-
Member
(09-30-2017, 04:59 PM)
RS4-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Easystride

Ah, thanks for the heads up, that does not sound like an ideal undershirt. It's so hard to find quality gray undershirts (gray so the sleeves don't show under white dress shirts).

You could also get one of their shirts that match your skin tone.
Easystride
Member
(09-30-2017, 06:01 PM)
Easystride's Avatar

Originally Posted by RS4-

You could also get one of their shirts that match your skin tone.

Well, I just got back from Target to see what they had, and I think I found my answer. It was a bit more than I want to spend on an undershirt, but it is long (so it doesn't come untucked), form fitting, and comfortable. I tried my white dress shirt on over it, and I can't see an outline of my undershirt sleeve in the harshest of lights. Almost every single other undershirt there was white, unfortunately.

All in all, I am pleased. We will see how it holds up.

Pair of Thieves undershirt
LeroyPantwether
Member
(09-30-2017, 06:52 PM)
LeroyPantwether's Avatar
Why do people wear undershirts ? I'm sure there's an obvious reason but just not comfy for me .
Easystride
Member
(09-30-2017, 06:58 PM)
Easystride's Avatar

Originally Posted by LeroyPantwether

Why do people wear undershirts ? I'm sure there's an obvious reason but just not comfy for me .

I do it to keep sweat/deodorant off of my dress shirts in an effort to extend the life of them. Also, so my nipples don't show. I don't normally wear them with any casual outfits as long as the shirt is thick enough, though.
crooked spin
Member
(09-30-2017, 08:30 PM)
crooked spin's Avatar
copped a really nice Vince coat at a sale this week.

lambskin leather body and detachable shearling and it's insulated too.

the retail tag says $1100 and i paid less than 200 :lol

https://imgur.com/DSJWAyw
Widdle Puppy
Banned
(09-30-2017, 08:32 PM)

Originally Posted by LeroyPantwether

Why do people wear undershirts ? I'm sure there's an obvious reason but just not comfy for me .

keeps your nice shirts clean for longer. would prefer not to wash certain shirts of mine after each wear cause it fades them.
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(09-30-2017, 08:34 PM)

Originally Posted by crooked spin

copped a really nice Vince coat at a sale this week.

lambskin leather body and detachable shearling and it's insulated too.

the retail tag says $1100 and i paid less than 200 :lol


https://imgur.com/DSJWAyw

It's very nice, good purchase.
NinjaBoiX
Member
(09-30-2017, 10:41 PM)
NinjaBoiX's Avatar

Originally Posted by acohrs

isn't boxy style in again?

Apparently, according to the most recent peddlers of overpriced "so fashionable I don't even care about looking fashionable" anti-style tatt.

Honestly, some of the skanky hobo wear I see otherwise entirely presentable folk rocking as if it's some nonchalant statement, I just don't get it.

Originally Posted by crooked spin

copped a really nice Vince coat at a sale this week.

lambskin leather body and detachable shearling and it's insulated too.

the retail tag says $1100 and i paid less than 200 :lol


https://imgur.com/DSJWAyw

That's really cool, I love olive green. I've always wanted a fur lined collar jacket, I'll probably pick one up this winter. Kudos!

That jacket I recently purchased is just such a nice fit, I dread washing it. It feels like the kind of jacket that will kind of wrinkle up after a wash.

I'll probably dry clean it to keep the lines looking sharp.
lenovox1
Member
(09-30-2017, 11:10 PM)
lenovox1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Widdle Puppy

keeps your nice shirts clean for longer. would prefer not to wash certain shirts of mine after each wear cause it fades them.

You don't have to wash cotton after each was unless you sweat a lot. Which an undershirt is also good at mitigating. In fact, that was probably your point.
rockinreelin
Member
(10-01-2017, 12:30 AM)
rockinreelin's Avatar
The new GAP+GQ collection looks pretty nice though a little bit higher priced then a uniqlo collab. The united arrows and ami stuff looks pretty decent.

http://www.gap.com/browse/category.d...#department=75
Cosmic Bus
pristine morning snow
(10-01-2017, 12:51 AM)
Cosmic Bus's Avatar

Originally Posted by rockinreelin

The new GAP+GQ collection looks pretty nice though a little bit higher priced then a uniqlo collab. The united arrows and ami stuff looks pretty decent.

http://www.gap.com/browse/category.d...#department=75

Yikes @ the UA wide leg pants. I do like the previously discussed boxy trend, but wide leg coming back is definitely not doing it for me. At the very least, it needs more of a crop to avoid such a '90s JC Penny catalog vibe.
overcast
Member
(10-01-2017, 01:20 AM)
overcast's Avatar

Originally Posted by crooked spin

copped a really nice Vince coat at a sale this week.

lambskin leather body and detachable shearling and it's insulated too.

the retail tag says $1100 and i paid less than 200 :lol


https://imgur.com/DSJWAyw

Brilliant, love this jacket.
RS4-
Member
(10-01-2017, 02:33 AM)
RS4-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus

Yikes @ the UA wide leg pants. I do like the previously discussed boxy trend, but wide leg coming back is definitely not doing it for me. At the very least, it needs more of a crop to avoid such a '90s JC Penny catalog vibe.

Man that's like the shit you'd wear to the office then go to a rave.
QuantumSquid
(10-01-2017, 02:46 AM)
QuantumSquid's Avatar
do you guys think a 6.75" leg opening is too small for red wing iron rangers/wolverine 1000 miles/chippewa apaches?
Oveja Negra
Member
(10-01-2017, 03:11 AM)
Oveja Negra's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuantumSquid

do you guys think a 6.75" leg opening is too small for red wing iron rangers/wolverine 1000 miles/chippewa apaches?

No, that leg opening should be totally ok.
QuantumSquid
(10-01-2017, 03:58 AM)
QuantumSquid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oveja Negra

No, that leg opening should be totally ok.

important note: i am also 5'8" and skinny.

i don't want them to look like clown shoes
Widdle Puppy
Banned
(10-01-2017, 11:31 AM)

Originally Posted by QuantumSquid

important note: i am also 5'8" and skinny.

i don't want them to look like clown shoes

they aren't going to look like clown shoes on you.....

i have no idea why i see this comment made about every boot that wasn't built on a pointed last
Oveja Negra
Member
(10-01-2017, 03:24 PM)
Oveja Negra's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuantumSquid

important note: i am also 5'8" and skinny.

i don't want them to look like clown shoes

I HATE that clown shoes look too.

Believe me, I'm skinny too, my Dungarees have a 6.75" leg opening and I own 4 pairs of boots very similar in style to the ones you mention and they look great.
QuantumSquid
(10-03-2017, 09:00 PM)
QuantumSquid's Avatar
have some pics

tried on some iron rangers at a red wing store:

what i wore today:

unrelated but i recently realized that i have super long legs for someone my height (5'8"). on the everlane website they show their 6'1" model wearing 32-inseam jeans and they look like that on ME.
Nowise10
Member
(10-04-2017, 07:59 AM)
Nowise10's Avatar
Why does no place have pink hoodies for guys?

Fucking Jake Paul was the only brand that sells multiple different hoodies in pink.
wolfwolfwolf
Member
(10-04-2017, 08:41 AM)
wolfwolfwolf's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nowise10

Why does no place have pink hoodies for guys?

Here.
acohrs
Member
(10-04-2017, 11:21 AM)
acohrs's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuantumSquid

have some pics

tried on some iron rangers at a red wing store:



what i wore today:



unrelated but i recently realized that i have super long legs for someone my height (5'8"). on the everlane website they show their 6'1" model wearing 32-inseam jeans and they look like that on ME.

want a daily fits journal from squidy
NinjaBoiX
Member
(10-04-2017, 01:57 PM)
NinjaBoiX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nowise10

Why does no place have pink hoodies for guys?

Fucking Jake Paul was the only brand that sells multiple different hoodies in pink.

Why not just buy a girl's hoody? The fit isn't that important on a hoody is it.
Oxn
Member
(10-04-2017, 02:08 PM)
Oxn's Avatar

Originally Posted by NinjaBoiX

Why not just buy a girl's hoody? The fit isn't that important on a hoody is it.

Hoodie fit is sooo important wtf....
sixteen-bit
Member
(10-04-2017, 02:19 PM)
Forever21 x Super Nintendo collection. Thoughts? Would this be more relevant in the streetwear discussion thread?
https://theawesomer.com/forever-21-s...ection/447882/
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(10-04-2017, 02:48 PM)
Lomepal is selling pink hoodies for his Flip album.
jokkir
Member
(10-04-2017, 04:53 PM)
jokkir's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Forever21 x Super Nintendo collection. Thoughts? Would this be more relevant in the streetwear discussion thread?
https://theawesomer.com/forever-21-s...ection/447882/

The only one that looks somewhat wearable is the Super Mario Kart hoodie
EVOL 100%
Member
(10-04-2017, 05:05 PM)
EVOL 100%'s Avatar
The first one with the SNES blueprint looks sorta cool

Not sure if I'd want to wear it though.
QuantumSquid
(10-04-2017, 07:55 PM)
QuantumSquid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nowise10

Why does no place have pink hoodies for guys?

Fucking Jake Paul was the only brand that sells multiple different hoodies in pink.

http://www.acnestudios.com/us/en/fer...an-sweatshirts
midramble
Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
(10-04-2017, 09:12 PM)
midramble's Avatar
Anyone here have extra tips for leather shoe care other than cedar trees, regular shine, and don't wear 2 days in a row?

Finally bought a pair of Allen Edmonds chelseas and I want these to last as looong as possible.
NinjaBoiX
Member
(10-04-2017, 09:47 PM)
NinjaBoiX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oxn

Hoodie fit is sooo important wtf....

Nah man, not compared to most other garments.

The point I'm making is that if you want a pink hoody, there is probably plenty of choice in the ladies section. And hell, if fit is so important you probably aren't going to find a more fitted hoody (as opposed to a baggy one) than one designed for a female frame!

Originally Posted by midramble

Anyone here have extra tips for leather shoe care other than cedar trees, regular shine, and don't wear 2 days in a row?

Finally bought a pair of Allen Edmonds chelseas and I want these to last as looong as possible.

The Hanger Project
QuantumSquid
(10-06-2017, 03:09 AM)
QuantumSquid's Avatar
wore my pistol lake henley today

i ordered some black leather chelsea boots and some black jeans a couple days ago. gonna be interesting to see how that style looks on me.
kiyomi
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:51 PM)
kiyomi's Avatar
Which chelseas did you get?
h3ro
Member
(10-06-2017, 04:35 PM)
h3ro's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuantumSquid

https://www.jackerwin.com/products/e...ack-full-grain

I have these in the brown suede. Love them and can't wait to break them out once the weather cools down a little bit more here in Atlanta.
midramble
Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
(10-06-2017, 07:51 PM)
midramble's Avatar

Originally Posted by NinjaBoiX

Nah man, not compared to most other garments.

The point I'm making is that if you want a pink hoody, there is probably plenty of choice in the ladies section. And hell, if fit is so important you probably aren't going to find a more fitted hoody (as opposed to a baggy one) than one designed for a female frame!

The Hanger Project

Some really nice looking polishes. You've sold me.

Now if I could just get the rest of my wardrobe/style in order.....
QuantumSquid
(10-06-2017, 08:41 PM)
QuantumSquid's Avatar

Originally Posted by h3ro

I have these in the brown suede. Love them and can't wait to break them out once the weather cools down a little bit more here in Atlanta.

Yeah, it's still pretty warm here in New England.

Guess I'll just sit in my air-conditioned room and pretend it's flannel season

sixteen-bit
Member
(10-07-2017, 01:13 AM)
Damn Daniel
KissVibes
Banned
(10-07-2017, 07:42 AM)
I wanna buy the blackest jeans I can get for like $120. I want them to be so fucking black. Where can I find the blackest jeans??
Vivalaraza
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:00 PM)
Vivalaraza's Avatar

Originally Posted by KissVibes

I wanna buy the blackest jeans I can get for like $120. I want them to be so fucking black. Where can I find the blackest jeans??

Try Nudie.
Rei_Toei
Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
(10-07-2017, 03:34 PM)
Rei_Toei's Avatar
Just bought a Schott NYC sweater. Damn, that thing is heavy. And I mean that as a positive :) The logo Iím a bit iffy about but other then that, good stuff.

Servbot24
Banned
(10-07-2017, 03:49 PM)

Originally Posted by acohrs

isn't boxy style in again?

Even if it were, I refuse to participate
DMVfan123
Banned
(10-07-2017, 04:06 PM)
Where do you guys get wristbands, if you wear them? See some crazy ones on my way to school
kiyomi
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:43 PM)
kiyomi's Avatar

Originally Posted by DMVfan123

Where do you guys get wristbands, if you wear them? See some crazy ones on my way to school

How crazy are we talking?

You can get super cheap stuff off places like Etsy, Asos, fast fashion brands. You can get nicer stuff from places like APC or Tanner or something. And then the more expensive avant-gardey stuff comes from MA+, Parts of 4, etc. Just depends what you want/how much you got.

I saw some nice stuff from M0851 but it seems like they aren't doing a lot of wristband/jewellery stuff atm.

Thread Tools