• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Autodidact
Banned
(10-07-2017, 03:10 AM)

Originally Posted by thepotatoman

Funny how in February 2010, CNN was running a story about how there were already so many announced open seats, with 13 open democratic seats. But 18 republican open seats 4 months earlier in the process is doom and gloom for democrats.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/...nts/index.html

#balance
#don'tcallusliberalmedia
#loveusRepublicandaddy
whyamihere
Banned
(10-07-2017, 03:15 AM)

Originally Posted by TheLaughingStock

People knew they were getting a shill based off Macron's past. Therefore, I doubt they're sad. The spin in their minds was that the alternatives were worse.

Uh, Le Pen was worse.
Stinkles
Clothed, sober, cooperative
(10-07-2017, 03:19 AM)

Originally Posted by SatelliteOfLove

1760s rather.

We can only hope this is desperate bread and circuses for the base that never makes it to applied protocol or law though.

"I grew up in France yet never groked that us French LOVE TO PROTEST somehow."

Strikes are protests. So come on.
shinra-bansho
(10-07-2017, 03:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Y2Kev

oh god this is so perfect I am surprised I didn't come up with it

I did though.
So you did.
BlastProcessing
(10-07-2017, 03:21 AM)

Originally Posted by shinra-bansho

HillarwiiU.

This might be your crowning achievement.
Crocodile
(10-07-2017, 03:23 AM)
About a year ago the "Pussy Tape" (which was supposed to end Trump) was released (as well as the first batch of Podesta's e-mails). Man times flies :/
B-Dubs
No Scrubs
(10-07-2017, 03:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Crocodile

About a year ago the "Pussy Tape" (which was supposed to end Trump) was released (as well as the first batch of Podesta's e-mails). Man times flies :/

Only one year? It feels like 12.
Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
(10-07-2017, 03:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Crocodile

I'll never forget it. I had gone out for Mexican food and had a margarita or tewwwwww and I came home and the news was b l o w i n g up about that. And in the end no one cares and Hillarwiiu botched it by giving the most milquetoast white dumb lady answer about that instead of dragging ha and then she let the media go nuts over John Podesta being stupid.

I will neva forget Morning Joe complaining about Cheryl whats her name.
Grexeno
(10-07-2017, 03:27 AM)
I thought the Pussy Tape was the end. Now I know lol nothing matters.
Dubbedinenglish
Banned
(10-07-2017, 03:29 AM)
We missed the Melania plagiarism story anniversary :(
ArkhamFantasy
(10-07-2017, 03:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Grexeno

We dramatically over estimated the moral values of the american people.
Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
(10-07-2017, 03:34 AM)
Cheryl whats her face. Ugh. Chery Mills!!!
Pixieking
Banned
(10-07-2017, 03:41 AM)

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy

We dramatically over estimated the moral values of the american people.

Switch out "We" for "I", and I think you'd have the first draft title of Hillary's memoir.
BigJonsson
(10-07-2017, 05:08 AM)
Russel Brand on Real Time tonight was amazing lol
kadotsu
Banned
(10-07-2017, 05:12 AM)

Originally Posted by BigJonsson

Russel Brand on Real Time tonight was amazing lol

Cosmic brain meets crystalised self righteousness.
BoboBrazil
(10-07-2017, 05:19 AM)
BlastProcessing
(10-07-2017, 05:25 AM)

Originally Posted by BoboBrazil

And of course Tillerson immediatly told the relevant authorities, right... right?
NYCmetsfan
Banned
(10-07-2017, 06:38 AM)

the best part of that story was our chief diplomat saying “i’m not a diplomat”
Electric Eye
Banned
(10-07-2017, 06:58 AM)

This is big because Trump is a fucking moron so the only way he found out about these laws was that he tried to bribe an official as soon as he won he nomination/election (remember backdoor channels), which if that's the case he left a trail and Mueller knows about it or this story is to make sure he now knows about it or a company/companies or Kushner have asked him to get rid of these laws because they are trying to bribe officials and that's probably why Kushner is fucked.
Ac30
(10-07-2017, 09:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Hindl

He became popular again like 2 years after Obama got elected. Remember this?

I always thought someone threw that up after Trump won :/
RastaMentality
(10-07-2017, 09:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Ac30

I always thought someone threw that up after Trump won :/

that was on shirts all over the south in 2010-12.
Ac30
(10-07-2017, 09:42 AM)

Originally Posted by RastaMentality

that was on shirts all over the south in 2010-12.

Fuck me. What clowns.
Aaron Strife
Banned
(10-07-2017, 09:47 AM)
What kills me about that sentiment is that no one rational (yes I understand that rationality is out the window here) could actually blame Obama for actively making things worse. It was usually more along the line that he wasn't cleaning up Bush's mess fast enough.

"LOL it's been two months and Obama can't even reverse the worst recession in 80 years! The old guy (the one who caused this) was WAY better, mirite?"

But then again I remember a friend's dad complaining about Obama raising taxes "again" two months into his presidency so lol
Brawndo Addict
(10-07-2017, 11:55 AM)

I feel like there’s a missing exchange where Trump goes “no, no, no, you misheard me stupid. I’m not trying to receive a bribe from someone I’m trying to give a bribe to someone.”
kess
(10-07-2017, 02:17 PM)
How Facebook ads helped elect Trump

Parscale received help utilizing Facebook's technology from Facebook employees provided by the company who showed up for work to his office multiple days a week. He says they had to be partisan and he questioned them to make sure. "I wanted people who supported Donald Trump." Parscale calls these Facebook employees "embeds" who could teach him every aspect of the technology. "I want to know everything you would tell Hillary's campaign plus some," he says he told them.

But Zuckerberg..
Toth
(10-07-2017, 02:22 PM)
He's up and complaining about how unfair television coverage and late night comedians have been for Republicans....
Brawly Likes to Brawl
(10-07-2017, 02:31 PM)
Maybe Jimmy Kimmel would like you if you stopped reminding him about how much trouble his son would've been in if he wasn't rich.
Wilsongt
(10-07-2017, 03:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Toth

He's up and complaining about how unfair television coverage and late night comedians have been for Republicans....

What a baby.
cartoon_soldier
(10-07-2017, 03:07 PM)

Originally Posted by thepotatoman

Funny how in February 2010, CNN was running a story about how there were already so many announced open seats, with 13 open democratic seats. But 18 republican open seats 4 months earlier in the process is doom and gloom for democrats.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/...nts/index.html

The overall seats in 2010 were much closer in in margins than 2018. So Dems will definitely need more open seats to take back the house. NY Times is not inaccurate in their assessment, not was CNN back in 2010.

http://cookpolitical.com/analysis/ho...se-retirements

If Democrats were to hold all of the seats we rate as leaning towards them, all 12 of the Toss Ups, and half of the seats in Lean Republican — a big ask — they would still fall two seats shy of a majority.

Today, there are 52 Republicans sitting in marginal districts with Cook PVI scores of R+5 or more Democratic — more than twice the number Democrats need. The problem for Democrats is that these tend to be personally popular members: three quarters of them won their 2016 races by double digits, and half of them won by more than 15 points. For the most part, they know how to navigate tough districts and attract independent voters.

Of the 52, just four have announced retirements so far: Reps. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (FL-27), Dave Trott (MI-11), Charlie Dent (PA-15) and Dave Reichert (WA-08). Their retirements have vaulted these seats to the top of Democrats' takeover list. But as the holidays near and retirement season looms, Democrats' chances hinge on how many of the other 48 stick around.

Democrats will definitely need more retirements to have a more favorable shot at winning the house.
Autodidact
Banned
(10-07-2017, 03:10 PM)
I shouldn't watch Joan Crawford movies while browsing PoliGAF. Last night I dreamed that she primaried Helen Gahagan Douglas and beat Nixon. I can only imagine the shrewdness and competence she would've brought to the Senate.

#Joanwould'vewon
Mark Andrew
(10-07-2017, 03:19 PM)
8:00 AM: I should get equal time on late night television!

8:04 AM: many people are saying I should get equal time on late night television!

HOLY SHIT. Creating his own reality lol.
Ithil
(10-07-2017, 03:29 PM)
"Many people", "a lot of people", "Everyone", etc means "I" for him.
ArkhamFantasy
(10-07-2017, 03:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Mark Andrew

8:04 AM: many people are saying I should get equal time on late night television!

Late night hosts to Trump

Loxley
(10-07-2017, 04:07 PM)

Can you imagine the sort of illegal shit Trump and his businesses got up to before he was president? There's a reason he didn't want Mueller to look at his finances.
ArkhamFantasy
(10-07-2017, 04:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Loxley

Can you imagine the sort of illegal shit Trump and his businesses got up to before he was president? There's a reason he didn't want Mueller to look at his finances.

I mean, the dude admitted on camera to obstruction of justice.
Loxley
(10-07-2017, 04:13 PM)

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy

I mean, the dude admitted on camera to obstruction of justice.

Not to mention bragging about dodging taxes and how smart that made him.
dramatis
(10-07-2017, 04:19 PM)
Trump probably had to do bribes because his businesses weren't really in demand.
BlastProcessing
(10-07-2017, 04:27 PM)

Originally Posted by kess

But Zuckerberg..

Christ.

The conservative Parscale sees an irony in all this. "These social platforms are all invented by very liberal people on the West and East Coast. And we figure out how to use it to push conservative values. I don't think they thought that would ever happen," says Parscale.

He's very wrong about this. The myth of the liberal Silicon Valley needs to die. These people are the modern train barrons. Somehow a bunch of libertarian white dudes got the reputation of being liberals just because they all drink wheatgrass smoothies.
Jackson50
(10-07-2017, 04:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Grexeno

Frankly, the American people were tired of a president who leads from behind. They wanted an assertive leader who takes the initiative and doesn't wait for permission.

Graft is intrinsic to Trump's nature. To the extent that he has any discernible business skill, he's mastered the art of cheating his partners and then using his connections and influence to skirt his obligations. He built his two-bit empire on it. When you combine this with his autocratic tendencies, it's no surprise that he'd want to sanction corruption.
Dubbedinenglish
Banned
(10-07-2017, 04:34 PM)

Originally Posted by BlastProcessing

Christ.

He's very wrong about this. The myth of the liberal Silicon Valley needs to die. These people are the modern train barrons. Somehow a bunch of “”””””””””””””””libertarian”””””””””””””” white dudes got the reputation of being liberals just because they all drink wheatgrass smoothies.

Fixed, I think they are conservative but grew up in a time when it wasn’t fashionable to be called one.
Wilsongt
(10-07-2017, 04:41 PM)
Trump is the whiniest of bitches. The most whiniest! Simply the whiniest!
Kusagari
(10-07-2017, 04:43 PM)

Originally Posted by BlastProcessing

Christ.

He's very wrong about this. The myth of the liberal Silicon Valley needs to die. These people are the modern train barrons. Somehow a bunch of libertarian white dudes got the reputation of being liberals just because they all drink wheatgrass smoothies.

It’s partly a byproduct of so many people seeing liberal and conservative through the lens of social issues.

The technocrats like gays, support abortion and want legal weed so they must be liberals!
Crabernacle
(10-07-2017, 04:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Wilsongt

Trump is the whiniest of bitches. The most whiniest! Simply the whiniest!

Many people are saying it...
SatelliteOfLove
(10-07-2017, 04:48 PM)

Originally Posted by kess

But Zuckerberg..

Oooooooooooooooooooh now we're starting to get that Parscale guy directly roped into this. This is VERY good news.

Originally Posted by Mark Andrew

Is he ever not? Seriously, every person on the planet has to see his 24/7 NPD and that we're seeing these flare-ups when he's not been getting his hedonistic flattery (which is in short supply now).
Teggy
(10-07-2017, 05:01 PM)
Cilizza is in a dogfight with D’Souza for stupidest man on the planet rights

Also, lol

sphagnum
Banned
(10-07-2017, 05:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Kusagari

It’s partly a byproduct of so many people seeing liberal and conservative through the lens of social issues.

The technocrats like gays, support abortion and want legal weed so they must be liberals!

They are liberals (by the world definition).
Ogodei
(10-07-2017, 05:09 PM)
Marvel's got to shed Perlmutter and fast. Guy will take the company down with him into the Trumpkin blackness.

(yes, i know it's Disney owned, but all the more reason for 46th President Bob Iger to show Perlmutter the door).
kirblar
(10-07-2017, 05:11 PM)
Cilizza has made it clear what he is, it's a question of how long he can keep up the charade of stupid.
NihonTiger90
(10-07-2017, 05:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Loxley

He was involved in construction and gambling in NY/NJ in the 1980s and 1990s.

There is a ZERO percent chance he ran his businesses without mob help or contacts.
Piecake
(10-07-2017, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Electric Eye

This is big because Trump is a fucking moron so the only way he found out about these laws was that he tried to bribe an official as soon as he won he nomination/election (remember backdoor channels), which if that's the case he left a trail and Mueller knows about it or this story is to make sure he now knows about it or a company/companies or Kushner have asked him to get rid of these laws because they are trying to bribe officials and that's probably why Kushner is fucked.

I think it is far far more likely that Trump and Trump's business bribed officials from other nations to get their hotels and other shit built in foreign nations, and did this well before he became the nominee