View Single Post
RDreamer
(03-30-2012, 02:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Alrus

I don't really see how you would be able to control your other team member without halting the gameplay and killing the pace of the battles though.

Btw I thought the combat system felt a lot more involved than FF XII (which I loved). I don't really understand the comparison with Dragon Age, they're completely different kind of rpg in term of battle system.

Uh... You would control the other team members in the same way as FFXII and Dragon Age... by setting up AI sequences. Barring that (or in addition to that), it would also be nice to just have a way to quickly flip to another character so you can use a specific ability whenever you need it.

And how do you not understand the comparison to Dragon Age? They're pretty fairly similar... Both are MMO inspired RPGs where you control one character. The PC version of DA was fairly different, but the console versions were really the same idea, except with way more depth. You could control the AI of your party, and I felt like the ability system had a bit more depth to it.