View Single Post
EatChildren
Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
(11-11-2016, 12:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Darkstorne

No knowledge of the Reapers is a good decision to make, but I do wonder if they'll be reintroduced to the series. I never felt like they closed that saga effectively (Harbinger for example, what happened there?) nor do I feel they even gave the Reaper threat a good chance to build. They were nowhere in Mass 2, and asides from some decent backdrops in 3 it almost feels like game technology wasn't where Bioware needed it to be to really deliver on the vision they'd been hinting at through Mass 1 and 2.

I can't possibly know BioWare's full intentions, but everything I've read and heard on the grapevine implies that the Shepard + Reaper arc is done no matter what. If fans were unhappy with the conclusion the onus is on that team and what they made, and whatever legacy it leaves. Andromeda is very much about preserving the Mass Effect franchise without the baggage, good and bad, of the Shepard trilogy. It's all new territory from hereon out.